Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)
[DISCUSSION] thoughts on love spells Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MidnightLetter
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:59 pm
One of the most common spells asked for - love spells... there are so many different variations..

In one of my books there are heaps, how to make a guy realise you... think of you.... let love your ready for someone... alot of them say dont think of someone 'directly' etc...

but i still kind of think their wrong because in the end they are bringing someone to you.. against their will? who knows..?

do you think that all love spells are wrong or good? or the ones that let you find love or let love find you okay?

i think they are wrong..

although i guess if you did a spell to find your soulmate i wouldnt think it is wrong because your soulmates *shrugs* this is a topic that im not sure on...

let me know your thoughts!

-Hiddenbeliefs xo  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:09 am
love spells to make a certain person to love you is bad but to draw love to you isnt really bad at all...  

Wiccan_Boy _1990

LadySorcha

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:49 pm
It's a matter of degrees. Coercion can be a gentle process (get him to notice me) or very aggressive (make him dump his current girlfriend and fall for me instead). One of the basic rules of Wicca craft is that you do no harm, but this can be interpreted many different ways, easily manipulated to suit any circumstance. For instance, if you perform an aggressive love spell by reasoning of "He will be better off with me, I'm doing a good thing by making him dump his girlfriend" then you are manipulating the rules of the religion to suit your own despicable desires. And here I think it fair to mention that if you do something like this, be aware that what goes around, comes around. The Lord and Lady are going to convene the universe to make sure you get what's owed to you.

Therefore, as a general rule, I say don't mess with free will. If he's with another girl, it's because he wants to be, and you're just going to have to deal with that. But, if he's showing interest but needs a little push, I don't see the problem with a gentle love spell.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:28 am
I think it kind of depends on the love spell. If it manipulates the other person's will, then it is bad. But if it's an attraction spell that makes you look more attractive--but not necessarily attractive to a certain person--then it can be good to a certain degree.  

Tari_Leralonde

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:52 pm
I don't think that any spells that mess with free wil are ok. Period. Not even ones that get him/her to notice you more. If he/she isn't interested then let it be, or take a non-magickal aproach, like talking to them. If you can't work up the guts to at least talk to the other person then you're not ready to be in a relationship with them.

Now, making a love spell that just attracts love in general is fine by me. Like, I enspelled a candle so that I would light it every night and it would attract people who would love me. That was when I was going through a rough time and had few friends. The spell was meant to find people who would WILLINGLY love me, not make them.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:09 pm
im against them. they put people in love, who they may not have in the first place. then the person tells them and the victim is mad. well waterd down rant on that anyway. lol  

The gypsy Queen

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:07 am
bad. bad. bad. cant really get much good out of love spells. i used one, just like a general one to draw love to me. i got it, but nothing good came from it.
cry  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:10 am
I'm not a fan of any spell that takes away a person's free will. I'm all for drawing more love into your life and drawing positive things to you so long as you don't try to get it from a specific person. It's not right to force a certain person to do what you want. It is perfectly acceptable however to recognize that you need more positive feeling in your life and ask for it.  

DragonLadyFreya

6,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Rain_Goddess

Sweet Fairy

15,100 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:42 pm
love spells are bad mojo, i toy with people's minds from time to time but not their hearts  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:15 pm
I don't really believe in love spells. I don't think messing with a persons free will is right.  

Diana_Moon

Foxmore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:06 pm
I say YES to:
A spell that will help me love myself more.
A spell that will help lead me in the right direction to find love.

I say NO to:
A spell that will make a person love me.
A spell that is too general, bad things happen when you don't have clear intentions.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:46 am
Oyi vey...

okay, here's my 2cents. Long and drawn out as it is. Heed my words of hippie wisdom.

Love spells are NOT a quick fix. Love spells are NOT for a specific person. The only kind of love spells I support are those that are there to make you more receptive to love.

Here's the deal kids... If you're not in a place where you can accept being loved.. what good is a fricking love spell? If you place your entire self worth on whether or not someone loves you, what do you REALLY need? Love, or fixing some things in your life? In my experience, those who do love spells and either get negative results or no results, are missing the cosmic clue-by-four.

Case in point.. and I use her because I can.... Phoenix made a WONDERFUL love candle. I know it's a wonderful love candle because it DID what it was SUPPOSED to do. She made a candle to help draw love into her life, and to make things in her life more open to love. Every time she lit it, an ex-boyfriend would call her up. Mind you.. not the ones that she sort of wished she would get back together with. The kind that she wished she could see squished under a semi truck, and then get to see the truck back up over them again. The kind she HATED. The kind she LOATHED ENTIRELY...

So why did it work, you ask? Isn't that a BAD thing you ask? No... and here's why. Everytime she lit the candle, she would close her eyes and ask the same thing "Goddess, clear my heart and prepare me to accept love. Allow love to find me without any snags or detours. Allow love to enter my life freely"

How can love... real love.. enter a life 'without snags or detours' or even 'freely' when there's still so much anger and hate attached to the people she had once cared about? And here's the catch... every time that phone rang.. the ex on the other end said the same thing... "I don't know if you remember me, but we dated.. and I treated you like crap... and I know it. I just wanted to say I'm sorry, and ask if you could forgive me."

Did she ask for that to happen? no. Did she force them to call her. No. But the calls always allowed the two people to patch things up so that no hard feelings were left. Closure was granted to both people, and eventually, Phoe didn't have a bad thing to say about any of her exs. She then was able to start meeting people who were good for her... and to her... and she's been married 3 years now.

Sometimes the result we get.. isn't the one we expect or want.. but more often, the one we need.

And in this... and only this way... will I support "love" spells. People wanting to obtain the love of a specific person should just get the nerve up to ask them point blank "Go out with me" and then DEAL with the answer and MOVE ON. Forcing people to love you with a love spell is no less than magickal rape.

Period.  

Kitanya_Rose

little miz giggles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:46 pm
some love spells just ask for a partner in life, it dosen't always even mean person, you can get an animal or oject to love too.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:41 pm
Hmm... I think love spells barely are good. Few persons use love spells thinking neutral, because they are in love for someone else and passion is fire and fire changes us. I think a spell where you ask to the Gods to send you someone with this this and that characteris­tic without quote a specific name, it can be positive. But even thus I'm inclinated to think somethinks come naturally. Once Goddess told me "two right persons in the wrong time is just half right", and I agree with Her. I think before you want someone to love you, you should know yourself, learn to love yourself by the way you are, doing what you do, thinking what you think, being what you are. Everyone who ever asked me for love spells was trying to find someone to find ouside what they couldn't find inside themselves. When you love yourself, respect yourself and are proud of yourself for who you are, the Universe automatically puts someone nice in your life. If you're not ready yet, why should you want to run thinks? That's my opinion about this.  

Siren Stern

yukina_youkai

Fashionable Smoker

5,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:29 pm
Love spells.

I believe that they are wrong. Usually they make a person fall in love with you, and I have heard that that is actually against the rede. I'm not sure how it harms them per say, but I do know that it is not real love.Ever.The caster will always wonder if the person they are with are with them because the spell, or because they really love them.This could be why it is agiainst the rede.youy cant even harm yourelf, and wondering that will literally tear up the person who cast the spell.Do yourself a fovor and stay away fom those types of spells.  
*~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff