Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
The sims 3 Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the idea of the sims 3?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

Jessicakarli

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:08 am
http://planetthesims.gamespy.com/View.php?id=13&view=Articles.Detail
Quote:
On Monday this week, numerous sources including Sims2Network and IGN discovered that Gamma Ray and Feng Zhu Design listed The Sims 3 among a list of projects to which they were involved with. When approached about this, EA responded with the following:
"EA knows that fans of the Sims just can't get enough of the franchise," an EA spokesperson told IGN. "As a company we are always exploring new ideas for how we can bring more great Sims games to these gamers, but until EA announces that a new Sims game is in the works, any speculation would be premature."
Maxis started work on The Sims 2 while they were still releasing expansion packs for the original game, so it's very possible that work on The Sims 3 has begun. Chances are though that it's still a long way off (years?), as The Sims 2 still has a lot going for it.

What do you guys think of that?
What sort of things would you like to see in the sims 3?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:16 am
I believe I've known about this since I read the wiki page on the Sims. Hopefully the 3rd will be 3 times better than 2! I'm very excited but not about the wait sad  

nerdyninja

Jessicakarli

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:31 am
nerdyninja
I believe I've known about this since I read the wiki page on the Sims. Hopefully the 3rd will be 3 times better than 2! I'm very excited but not about the wait sad

Yeah! Gosh, I've seen that a lot of people want to be able to murder other sims, and for teens to be able to get pregnant.

I don't like the murder idea, but it is pretty realistic for teens to get pregnant!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:13 pm
i read is gonna be announced next year 2009 try seeing if they hve any like 5 second videos or something maybe some previews...idk  

homicidal-duck-tape

Banana-nana

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:47 pm
Jessicakarli

Yeah! Gosh, I've seen that a lot of people want to be able to murder other sims, and for teens to be able to get pregnant.

I don't like the murder idea, but it is pretty realistic for teens to get pregnant!

I seriously doubt it will ever be that real as that would require a higher than Teen rating.

I am hoping that we'll get some variety. Tall sims, short sims, and genes to go with that. I'd like different body shapes as well too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:37 pm
I want to see some thing that is compatible with sims and sims 2 if a sims 3 came out it would be years of waiting before we fianly see sims 3 patches, sims 3 pets, sims 3 vacation, sims3 businesses etc. I like waiting for every EP to be out then get the game and if Sims 3 isnt XP compatible then I need to upgrade my computer it would be unfair.  

kaykeyser

AngelKeeper2k1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:15 pm
I thought that they would've just kept adding on to Sims 2 and add and improve on it rather than start on a new project altogether.

crying I probably won't be able to play the new one for a long time. Probably just be able to play the Sims 2 for another couple of years. Just like with the first Sims.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:48 pm
GOD YES!!!! blaugh xd blaugh xd blaugh xd blaugh

This is the best news I've heard all day, now I have another thing to wait for.

oh, oh, I hope they make something so you can make in-game custom content like in MySims (I can't work out the 3d editting software D smile  

Zee Shadowfox

Familiar Explorer

6,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200

bighairy dog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:24 pm
my mind is rather split. Having the sims 3 sounds like fun but i love the sims 2 so much.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:08 am
Jessicakarli
nerdyninja

I think you can download something to make teen sims pregers and something where 1 sims can strangle another sim.  

awsome5

crystal narrative

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:26 am
i think it sounds great =D
but possibly disturbing when it comes to graphics.
i mean, already you can make the sims look so realistic, but still in an animated kind of way.
by the time 3 comes out the graphics will no doubt be better,
it would almost be like playing real people......

as for teens being pregnant, thats be intresting.
i think young adult sims should be able to get pregnant the normal way. [not the boolProp way lol]
i think it would be cool if the YA age was included in the main game ages.
like child, teen, YA, Adult, Elder.

but thats just my opinion lol.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:10 pm
I really dislike the idea of a Sims 3.

I mean, TS2 is perfect, so why try to top it?

The heart of reality

5,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

MikeyCam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:33 am
The jury is still out with me.
I don't want to have to buy the expansion packs all over again. From the original Sims to Sims 2 did seem worth while because of all the upgrades. There was aging, pregnancy, more socials... you know, more "real" than the original. I just can't see Sims 3 being that more advanced that they couldn't put it into a Sims2 expansion pack and just advance the game that way.

Guess we'll wait and see if the rumor is true.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:22 am
I really can't think how Sims3 could possibly be much better than 2... Sims 2 was so much superior to the first game!

But it will have to be at least a few years, if they make any dramatic improvements, nobody will be able to run it!

It's exciting, but I'm perfectly happy with my expansion packs and mods for the time being.  

Tute Sweet

Dainty Doll

candy!x0x0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:02 pm
Not that Sims 3 wouldn't be awesome, Im still hoping for some more expansion packs for sims 2 like makin magic. In a way I don't want there to be a sims 3 cause well there would be no more sims 2 expansion packs, and I've already spent A LOT of money on sims 2 expansions, and then I'd have to spend even more on new expansion packs for sims 3 that are probably already made for sims 2. I think that if they make something that will slowly upgrade the sims 2, that would be awesome!  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff