Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

2012: your thoughts
  so what
  Finally! At last! BOOM!
  humanity is offered the chance to move into a new age or stay in the cycle
  nothing will happen
  the mayan writing the calendar was sick that noone was worshipping his work and decided to stop working
  other
View Results

osirisgoauldgoddess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:11 pm
Ok, what are your thoughts to that? There are being many thoughts about that day from the end of the world is coming to nothing will happen.
I for my part feel that something is changing, but that the outcome depends on all of us as a collective mind and it must not be linked to 2012. Nevertheless curious what your thoughts are.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:37 pm
I'm pretty doubtful that the aspect of the Sun's end from the Mayan calendar will be true. Then again, at least if it ends on that year, I'll be able to use my one year of legal drinking to go into the apocalypse while drunken into a coma.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

OverlordMMM

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:14 pm
...you know....thats only an "equivalent" year calculated by scientists.....for all we know it could refer to some other time frame.....  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:38 pm

Well I think it won't happen. I not all that religious, but I used to be somewhat, it says that only that the lord knows when it will happen and I will somewhat stick by it. That the only thing of religion I follow is the last day.

NekoYasha09er

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:21 pm
2012 actually is the scheduled release date for the Polywell power plant, a system which has been able to make nuclear fusion a usable energy source, with minimal emissions. This could put us into a state of advancements paralleling, if not surpassing the booms in technology when the steam engine, internal combustion engine, and the home computer caused when they were introduced, possibly allowing space travel, or an exponentially efficient clean energy generator. (By exponential I do mean it literally [meaning each time energy is used, it puts at least that amount squared in usable energy when the process is completed.])

God I am such a nerd... Anywho, that's why I believe that it will put us into a new age. (or, put us back into a cycle)

However part of my head is yelling nuclear war at me... so I'm gonna put that down as another possibility.

(and then there's always the aliens that made the calendar and the pyramids, coming back on a scheduled check up/extermination date.)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:56 pm
I've heard(not recently enough to be able to cite sources) that not only does the Mayan calender cite this year, but Also the I Ching and when originally written the Farmer's Almanac didn't go past that year. (I think another system too, but I forget...)
So frankly, yes, I think there will be something big that year, weither it be of any religious origin or something like the Powell Plant.  

Liss Carroll

Tahmuku

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:10 pm
i don't think anything is going to happen, wasn't the end of the world predected years ago and that never happened (yet anyway). I heard this quote a long time ago "as long as their are rainbows the world will go on", i can't remeber who said it but its someting i never forgot as i grew up. Even if something does happen i figure something will survive and live on.

"the world will turn"  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Kaishi Kyouki
2012 actually is the scheduled release date for the Polywell power plant, a system which has been able to make nuclear fusion a usable energy source, with minimal emissions. This could put us into a state of advancements paralleling, if not surpassing the booms in technology when the steam engine, internal combustion engine, and the home computer caused when they were introduced, possibly allowing space travel, or an exponentially efficient clean energy generator. (By exponential I do mean it literally [meaning each time energy is used, it puts at least that amount squared in usable energy when the process is completed.])

If that works it would be cool. Such an energy source is overdue. However so far history showed that the military guys also use every technology first for their senceless wars. A change into a new thinking would be very cool, but who knows. Afterall if you go by the reincarnation theory in the way that the ones who learned leave this plane of existence it is obvious that the history has to repeat itself since "newbie humans" have to go through the learning procedure. Still I hope something new comes our way.

As for aliens, but that`s just me, ( in general, not mentioned because of 2012), I believe that some exist, more then one species. If they get involved or got involved in our development I don`t know, although in many books there are hints they did. Nevertheless they also underly the "polarity law" so we might have nice species and sinister species, some who oppose the ones wanting to do something. Who knows what is happening behind the scenes here on this planet.

Interesting that the I-Ging indicates this date.  

osirisgoauldgoddess

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:21 pm
I think 2012 is not going to be the end of the world but when a world changing event will occur. I can't say for sure what that event will be though. With the way things are nowadays it could be any number of things.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:42 pm
Can't be proven no matter how much it's argued so I won't debate it too much.

How do we know that something is going to happen? Because a calender told us? Sounds pretty idiotic to me. We have no proof that the Mayans could see into the future. For all we know they just decided to finish the calender off in 2012 instead of spending eternity creating it. However, I realize that my point of view doesn't make much of a difference because I don't know anything about Mayans. Oh well, that's just what I think.  

Moonhail

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:59 pm
The reason people are making a big deal out of this is mainly because the mayan calender predicted multiple events that occurred almost exactly when the mayan calender said they would. The same is true with the pyramids, but those predicted the end of the world in 2973 or so.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:23 am
Aww, so that's the reason. My sister keeps going on about it every since they made her study about the Mayan's in school a few years back.  

Oterys

Katanas Blade

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:07 pm
They also said in the year 2000, all the power was going to go out. I just think the creators of the stone either got bored of it, or ran out of room on the rock.

And I think there was another ancient culture that predicted the apocalypse in 2009. I go by what Nekoyasha said. No one knows when it will be, so probably none of the dates that have been predicted are not true.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:14 pm
my oppinion is that on that date the human race as a whole will have to choose go on to a new era and establish contact with aliens or stay how it is(i have a theory that the human race has been resureccted many times over and everytime they make the same mistake my theory says that the human race has made the same choice stay the same in which they try to devolpe the "ultimate" power source as Kaishi Kyouki said(although slightly different)that power source has a mistake and the entire surface of the world is destroyed/thats my take on the matter)  

deadtothecold

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:32 am
I'm pretty freaked out about the end of the world coming in 2012. I sure as hell hope it doesn't, but I'm afraid like you wouldn't believe that it will.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff