[PRP] Brother Where Art Thou? [End] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kisoni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:00 pm
User Image

Hadithi eyed the cave's entrance, wondering how much she would hurt him if he went in. Probably a lot... Not that Misae was violent, not in the least, but a pregnant lioness in one of her "moods" wasn't something that aught to be disturbed. He'd somehow managed to set her off this morning, though he still wasn't entirely sure how, but Hadithi tried not to mind. It did, after all, take two to "tango" and thus her predicament was partially his fault. Besides, he didn't mind the moods so very much, especially as Misae was always, genuinely sorry for them--she just couldn't help it.

Probably best not to try it, he decided in the end. It wasn't as if he didn't have other places to go or things to do, only that he liked to spend as much time with her as possible. Maybe she was just snappish because she needed space? Deciding that it seemed like a good idea to try, the lion finally turned and made his way back into the jungle from whence he'd come. A scent on the breeze made his head turn and he was suddenly reminded of the other male in the area. He hadn't heard from Kere since before Misae had left and returned!

Hadithi hadn't really worried about the male's absence; he'd thought there no reason to. Nothing dangerous seeming had come up, and Kere had himself said he wished to spend time with the muses, or at least Hadithi thought he'd said that. While he wasn't sure, not really, it seemed like something Kere would have said and thus Hadithi went with it, whether or not it was the truth. He had time now, though, Hadithi thought, so why not go and find him?

But where had the scent come from? That was a hard thing to decipher and the Ocean, having no means of land travel, hadn't an idea how to help him. "Have you seen where Kere's gone?" He asked the flowers and trees about him, in turn, but no one spoke of it. How odd. The shoreline could be ruled out, Hadithi thought, since he had been up and down it many times the past few weeks and hadn't caught sight nor scent of him. By that same thought so too could the area near the pride's main den. So, he set off towards the back of the cove, deciding it would be the most obvious place to check.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:08 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Feeling refreshed after the rains, Kereng'ende had decided he was hungry. And that a nice fat fish would be the best way to end that hunger. So, he'd taken himself to one of the little streams he'd found.

Now, he was standing, and staring intently at the water, waiting for the telltale flash of silvery-blue to tell him that a fish was swimming near enough to catch.

"C'mon, little fish," he crooned softly. "I know you're there somewhere...."

And then.... THERE! Without a second thought, Kere pitched himself nose first into the water, claws and jaws chasing after his scaly dinner. It was the work of moments, but he had his fish. locking his jaws around the wriggly creature, the black lion climbed out of the water nd shook himself off before setting into his meal.

Gelfin

Kisoni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:37 pm
It actually didn't take long at all to find the male in question. Despite his darkness, Kere stood out where he laid beside the pool, mouth buried in his dinner. Hadithi almost hated to interrupt, but he thought that the easy-going kere wouldn't mind terribly much. Besides, it would be nice to have some masculine companionship for once. "Good morning!"  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:53 pm

Looking up at the sound of another voice, Kere smiled and sat up, waving his paw in welcome.

"Good morning, Hadithi, sir!" he called back. "Have you eaten yet? I can catch another fish if you like!"

Still smiling, Kere found himself wondering how to tell the other lion what he'd learned during the last rain fall.

Gelfin

Kisoni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:03 pm
"No, thank you," Hadithi chuckled. He found himself at the edge of the stream opposite Kere and laid himself down upon it. A bit of sunlight seeped through the trees to warm them and he gave a happy sigh, "Please, don't let me interrupt... and its just 'Hadithi', Kere."

Trying not to show how uncomfortable being referred to as "sir" made him, the lion moved on. "I hadn't seen you in quite some time and got worried. How have you been?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:06 pm

"Yes si.... Hadithi," Kere fumbled briefly before settling back to his meal. He ate a few mouthfuls before tilting his head and watchign Hadithi for a moment with barely concealed glee in his own eyes.

"I've been very well, Hadithi," he began. "I learned a song from the Rain."

After that admission, he ducked his head and busied himself with finishing off the finny delicacy before him.

Gelfin

Kisoni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:20 pm
"Did you?" Hadithi's ears perked in sudden surprise. Surprise melted into joy soon enough, for he'd thought it'd take much longer for an outsider male to find a muse as Kere had... and yet. The Mother did provide. Hadithi's grin could only be described as radiant. "Can I hear it?"  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:25 pm

Ears flattening slightly in embarassment, Kere cleared his throat and shuffled his paws about. He hadn't expected to be asked to sing it to anyone but himself and the Rain. Still, the very least he could do for Hadithi was to oblige. So, clearing his throat again, he began to sing in a quiet voice, gaining volume as his confidence grew.

"Drip, drip, drop
Little jungle shower
Beating a tune
As you fall all around

Drip, drip, drop
Little jungle shower
What can compare
To your beautiful sound

Drip, drip, drop
When the sky is cloudy
Your pretty music
Can brighten the day

Drip, drip, drop
When the sun says hello
You say goodbye right away

Drip, drip drop
Little jungle shower
Beating a tune
Ev'rywhere that you fall

Drip, drip drop
Little jungle shower
I'm getting wet
And I don't care at all

Drip, drop, drip, drop
I'll never be afraid
Of a good little
Gay little
jungle serenade"

Gelfin

Kisoni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:34 pm
"That was wonderful!" Hadithi nodded, having been humming along to the song by the end of it, "The rain does have a very musical touch to its being." He offered Kere a smile, "You should sing it to Misae, she might like it for the cubs when they're born..."

He paused, "though, you might want to be careful of approaching her right now, she has these...tempers." The male gave a cough, hoping he wasn't speaking too badly of his mate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:40 pm

Dipping his head in mingled happiness and embarrassment, Kere's ears flicked up at the mention of cubs.

"There will be young ones soon?" he asked, beginning to smile. He liked cubs and someday hoped for some of his own, but for now, that was neither here nor there. "Will we be allowed to play with them?"

Then, his smile widened as he bowed to his friend.

"I should be happy to sing it to Misae when she feels ready, Hadithi. It would be a pleasure and an honor."

Gelfin

Kisoni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:40 pm
Hadtihi's smile matched Kere's, his but wriggling in his normal fashion of happiness. It was strange, perhaps, but it was him. "soon enough," He grinned, practically reeking of happy. "I can't wait. they're going to be so cuuute!" He paused, considering, "well, they'll love to play with their Uncle, i'm sure, but only after Misae lets them come outside. Lionesses can be.... very territorial the first few days." He chuckled softly, looking up at his newly found 'brother'.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:48 pm

"They will be very fluffy to be sure," Kere foudn himself chuckling. Then, he tilted his head again, considering this new information. "They can? I did not know that. I will be certain not to intrude and disturb her then."

He began to groom his face, thinkign that fish scales stuck to his fur couldn't be the prettiest of sights. There was a feeling on acceptance and contentment in the air that he reveled in. And if he had his way, nothign was going to part him from this place or these lions without a fight.

"Do you think Misae would like a fish to eat?"

Gelfin

Kisoni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:58 pm
"hmmmmm," Hadithi pondered that. "I'm not sure. These days I usually just wait till she tells me what she wants," he chuckled, "I got her some lobster the other day, and some octopus a few mornings ago.. her stomach says strange things now that the children are in her."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:01 pm

Lobster? Octopus? Wrinkling his nose in confusion, Kere reared back slightly.

"I'm sorry.. but what and what? I've never heard of such things! Are you sure it's even food?"

In Kere's mind, the unknown words seemed like that belonged to an odd form of beetle or worm. And if Misae was craving BUGS, why, no wonder she was cranky! Poor Hadithi!

Gelfin

Kisoni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:04 pm
Hadithi blinked. It took a good while for him to remember that Kere hadn't been raised on the shore as he had. He laughed a little, "They're... sort of like fish. They live in the Ocean, though, so they're different. Both of them are really good to eat, they're just hard to catch--and lobsters have to be smashed open because they have a protective shell."  
[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff