Reply Art / Writing show and exchange!
Guild artists: a dying breed? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FogSage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:25 pm
I swear, it's like trying to pull teeth when asking for art around here. I know that life, with all its little nuisances, tends to cause artistic thinking and doing to go out the window, but how many active artists do we actually have here on the guild? It's hard to tell, because the ones that WERE active aren't, and those that are don't open shops and charge a lot of gold.

I wish I weren't so cheap, but the art I want isn't complicated and I don't want it to be excessively expensive. I loathe to dive into the Gaia's Art Forum, because I once went there and felt the icy hand of death on my neck. X_x

I'm going to compose a list.
LIST OF LIVE ARTISTS ON THE AFG:
Krissim Klaw - Hidden artist.
Leyla Giselle - Hidden artist.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:55 pm
I'm alive... I think... (checks for a pulse)

YEP! Still kicking!

I guess I would be classified as a artist with no shop that charges a lot by your post.  

Krissim Klaw

Roxas_fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:24 am
Well I would do Commisions but I've never done one so I don't know what to charge! I really suck at drawing for others because I get all critical and take forever. I also don't draw me best when im trying... If that maskes any sense... I have to have it come to me you know?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:56 pm
Sheol and NG are still active artists, but not very active in the guild.  

Leyla Giselle

FogSage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:39 pm
Neither one of them do commissions for Gaia Gold.

I guess I'm going to have to start paying real money for art instead, since that's the way all the artists around here are going nowadays.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:27 pm
It shouldn't have to be in with the guild. Try checking Gaia's art forums. I'm active, but I'm also busy... sweatdrop  

Manda_Tifa

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:04 pm
Fog doesn't like going into the Gaia Art Forum  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:59 pm
Rainey_angel81
Fog doesn't like going into the Gaia Art Forum

*nods emphatically* Damn right I don't. It's filled with artists who are very particular about who they do art for; you must bump this amount of times before I'll give you a scribble, et cetera, et cetera.

I'd much prefer simply staying within a guild and having artists do art for me. Perhaps there's some small, fluttering art guild about which is not filled with n00bs and who has what I'm looking for.  

FogSage

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:55 pm
I'm around, and active. I do prefer cash, but occasionally I will take Gaia Gold as payment if there's something I want.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:59 pm
Most Artist now a days is on vacation like myself. gonk Or have just got bored doing commsions or are trying to improve their art via school or drawing new things other then furs or anime all the time and what not.  

Vir-San

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:19 am
Lately when it comes to doing furry commissions it seems to be real boring because I seem to get stuck with the same subjects over and over and over again. (No offense people, but I'm sick of wolves and foxes.. -_-) And sometimes it doesn't feel like it's worth while..:/

There's also that other thing called life that likes to get in the way. And that causes me to have to set aside doing art for others...argh..

I may or may not do commissions on Gaia for gold. I haven't decided if I will some in future.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:38 am
Kakarotto-san
Lately when it comes to doing furry commissions it seems to be real boring because I seem to get stuck with the same subjects over and over and over again. (No offense people, but I'm sick of wolves and foxes.. -_-) And sometimes it doesn't feel like it's worth while..:/

There's also that other thing called life that likes to get in the way. And that causes me to have to set aside doing art for others...argh..

I may or may not do commissions on Gaia for gold. I haven't decided if I will some in future.

You expect too much imagination from the furry community. A fox or wolf is a good starting place for a fursona, mainly because they're common and social. I know that I had just joined the fandom, I wouldn't want to be something exotic and out-there like a Eastern dragon or a scorpion-kangaroo mix. Even within the fandom, there is prejudice. The nail that sticks up gets hammered down, ya know?  

Rastiel

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:48 am
FogSage
Neither one of them do commissions for Gaia Gold.

I guess I'm going to have to start paying real money for art instead, since that's the way all the artists around here are going nowadays.
Well I come up with my Gaia price using real cash. I charge 150k for a full body. Currently sealeds are going for about 17k since the 15th is drawing near.

So $2.50= 17K, thus 150k= about $22.50

$22.50 for a commission doesn't seem like I'm really charging that much. Though with as many sealeds as you buy every month Fog I'm surprised you don't feel you can afford my art.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:40 pm
FogSage

I wish I weren't so cheap, but the art I want isn't complicated and I don't want it to be excessively expensive.

Most of us are extremely busy outside of Gaia, or even outside of the furry fandom. I raise my prices high so that it can make up for the time lost doing other things. Also, a lot of times, artists dont particularly enjoy doing other characters, they enjoy the revenue they gain from it.

lost2darkness

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:56 pm
CoffeeFox
You expect too much imagination from the furry community. A fox or wolf is a good starting place for a fursona, mainly because they're common and social. I know that I had just joined the fandom, I wouldn't want to be something exotic and out-there like a Eastern dragon or a scorpion-kangaroo mix. Even within the fandom, there is prejudice. The nail that sticks up gets hammered down, ya know?

No..it's just once and awhile it would be nice to get something else besides the same old same old..It doesn't have to be something outrageous like a 6 headed hydra with bat wings and curved ram horns.

Oh, implying that I'm being predjudice just because I'm getting kind of bored with a particular subject and would like to try something else is being a little judgemental here. Sometimes some of us just want a break from the norm and do something different.

I have never told someone that I refuse to do their commission just because they have a wolf/fox fursona.  
Art / Writing show and exchange!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff