Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Texting pizza orders?! Why? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
  How could people be that lazy?!
  Eh, no biggie. In fact, I think I'll do it too.
  Nu, I'll have a lrg piz w/mush lol
View Results

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:56 am
Read it and weep. The new trend for ordering pizzas

Papa John's now takes "texted" pizza orders.

Is this convenience or laziness? You decide.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:19 am
Actually I would say it is convenience. I remember when online ordering just came out. It was great because you didn't have to rely on the guy on the other end to get the order right. The order is posted up the right way. Kind of getting rid of the middle man. And they can have their favorite orders preselected. Sure it is a bit lazier than calling or even ordering online, but it is convenient at the same time.  

Niccea Majeare

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:48 pm
Niccea Majeare
Actually I would say it is convenience. I remember when online ordering just came out. It was great because you didn't have to rely on the guy on the other end to get the order right. The order is posted up the right way. Kind of getting rid of the middle man. And they can have their favorite orders preselected. Sure it is a bit lazier than calling or even ordering online, but it is convenient at the same time.

Hm. Never thought of it that way. I prefer online ordering only because a.) I'm usually too busy to pick up the phone sweatdrop b.) when I do call, they can't really hear me because my friends are clamoring to be heard, and c.) It's easier on them.

Texting...is just something I can't really conceive as anything but laziness, but I guess you have a good point. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:10 pm
What the h*ll?! Are they kidding us?! I don't even own a cell phone nor do I know how to text and it certainly does not appeal to me! I am offended with such a generalization! See this is why I hate cell phones and little internet phones and sh*t! You just get lazy and stupid! --deathly glare- I am proud to not be the owner of a cell phone and I'm certainly proud I don't text much less know how to text! I feel innoect and free! -smile- yay!  

sayaandtenshi

Friendly Conversationalist

5,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Amaya84

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:09 am
I would kill somebody! I work at a major pizza chain, and it's bad enough when we get the internet orders, but text messages? I would seriously come unglued if we started that!
As to what Niccea Majeare wrote, you'd be amazed at how many people screw up an internet order. I don't see how you can order something, then call and claim that what we gave you was wrong when it was exactly what they wanted. Also, customers like to put down disconnected phone numbers for some reason. So how are we supposed to call and get directions for a driver, or if we're sold out of something change your order?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:32 pm
Please don't label cellphones as evil because they spawned texting. They are very convieniant. At my college calling home, which is only 30 minutes away, is a long distance. But it is free with my cellphone. I know that cellphones aren't for every one (My Myth teacher said he lost his cellphone in a lake and not by accident), but it doesn't make them evil to be avoided.  

Niccea Majeare

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:28 pm
I do own a cell phone, which is the way that my friends contact me, and also, students who need outside tutoring. It's not evil, though it's funny that someone would think it would be.

I am guilty of the online ordering, as said before. But texting is a step too far, in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:44 am
Well. I don't order pizza and I don't have texting on my phone. We mostly just call anyways at my house. My mom is horrible at remembering user names and passwords. If I want a pizza, my school cafeteria serves it every single day. I eat pizza too much as it is to merit ordering something from a real chain.  

Niccea Majeare

Nicholas Kaze

Friendly Prophet

16,625 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:58 pm
I couldn't do it. I own a cell phone, and I text (though not in 'l33t-sp33k') but, if you own a cell phone, you can CALL THEM. Right? Please tell me they haven't come out with a texting-only cell yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:06 pm
Nicholas Kaze
I couldn't do it. I own a cell phone, and I text (though not in 'l33t-sp33k') but, if you own a cell phone, you can CALL THEM. Right? Please tell me they haven't come out with a texting-only cell yet.

I never text (due to the fact that I currently do not have such a service).

If I want to order pizza for me and my Code Geass C.C. hand puppet, I'd do it the old-fashioned way and call them up. xd  

Natsuri

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:48 am
Natsuri
Nicholas Kaze

If I want to order pizza for me and my Code Geass C.C. hand puppet, I'd do it the old-fashioned way and call them up. xd

Yay, a Code Geass fan! whee

I barely text at all, to be honest. But calling has become more of a burden than online ordering nowadays. There is still that chance that they mishear something. And there is that random chance your call will be dropped due to no signal or something. Then again, the same concept applies to the internet, well at least on wireless.

Best way? Go in person and ask xp  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:03 pm
Dameon_Patron_of_Healing
Natsuri
Nicholas Kaze

Yay, a Code Geass fan! whee

I barely text at all, to be honest. But calling has become more of a burden than online ordering nowadays. There is still that chance that they mishear something. And there is that random chance your call will be dropped due to no signal or something. Then again, the same concept applies to the internet, well at least on wireless.

Best way? Go in person and ask xp

That's even better.

P.S. C.C.'s just so darn adorable! 4laugh  

Natsuri

Swell Sundae

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:15 pm
Like Niccea Majeare said, it seems convenient- for the customer, that is. 3nodding

Sucks for the worker (probably), mainly because they (or some other poor soul) has to pray that the person texting their order will have it be literate, or else it'll take an hour to even decipher it- HALFWAY. And if they mess up the order... gonk (I'd blame it on the customer for not making it easy to understand, not the worker being unable to read it. And if the worker gets blamed, then *excuse me for this* I'll be damned. neutral )

Good thing my family doesn't have to order out for pizza whenever we feel like it though. We already have good relations with the owner of a pizzeria at the shopping center near my house! xd  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:40 am
I love the idea. I hate talking to people. I'd much rather text.  

egginaframe

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:24 pm
Queen of the Highway
I love the idea. I hate talking to people. I'd much rather text.

As I'm somewhat shy of speaking, it would seem like a good idea. The only issue I have with this is that there aren't any assurances that text talk won't dominate this.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff