Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
DON'T EXPECT TO GET ANY MORE ANIME IF YOU LIVE IN THE U.S.A Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Black Thorn Moon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:55 pm
The company Geneon (and they own pretty much every company that puts out anime) pull out of the U.S because not many people are buying anime there finding it online and saving it on there computer and burning it onto disk. So because of a-holes that are CHEATING THE SYSTEM and too CHEAP to buy anime in the stores, everyone else has to suffer.

WE NEED TO START COMPLAINING PEOPLE
TO GENEON
OR WILL NEVER HAVE ANIME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND IF THIS COMPANY DOES COME BACK TO THE U.S PLEASE STOP FINDING THE ANIME ONLINE. JUST BUY IT.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:37 pm
umm does that count for the Caribbean too? cause if that's true I have to kill a buddy of mine for doing that  

FantasyFollower

Black Thorn Moon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:39 pm
No just the U.S  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:06 pm
Actually that's not true. Just because Geneon has pulled out doesn't mean we aren't going to be getting any more anime. Whatever projects Geneon were putting out may be picked up by one of the other companies. It may take some time, but if they were popular (or they believe they will be), they'll buy the license for them and retranslate and then redub them. It's not going to be the end.  

cesiarath

Interesting Raider

chibihotachan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:56 pm
They haven't completely pulled out of anime, they just decided to stop selling dvds. ADV and Funimation are also having issues. Exactly what that means for the future of anime remains to be seen. What it will likely mean is that there will likely be fewer series being dubbed. It is very difficult to make money on dubs and probably only between 5-10% make money. Things to do that are especially important is to support them. Try and convince them that we want shows and will support things like the anime network and support there online offerings. It is the most likely way for us still to get lotsd of anime, and encourage them to continue dubbing shows (and even if you don't care about dubs, support there efforts because it will bring more shows).  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:41 am
zodiac_star333
The company Geneon (and they own pretty much every company that puts out anime) pull out of the U.S because not many people are buying anime there finding it online and saving it on there computer and burning it onto disk. So because of a-holes that are CHEATING THE SYSTEM and too CHEAP to buy anime in the stores, everyone else has to suffer.

WE NEED TO START COMPLAINING PEOPLE
TO GENEON
OR WILL NEVER HAVE ANIME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND IF THIS COMPANY DOES COME BACK TO THE U.S PLEASE STOP FINDING THE ANIME ONLINE. JUST BUY IT.

Hate burst your bubble, but Geneon doesn't exist anymore. Poineer cut it off beacuse it was financial "dead-weight". If you want Sailor Moon, get it online. ALL merchandise, not just anime and manga, is out of print. You might find a rare collectable at a convention or some media, but good luck getting it before another Moonie does.  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:16 pm

Well, maybe anime distributers should take that cue
and give the DVD's they're selling reasonable prices!!

No WAY am I spending $30 for two episodes.
stare

I promise you sales would increase
as prices decrease.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:47 pm
Well, I went to Jacon this year and I bough A fan-subbed sailor Moon Stars box-set for $40.... Not too bad a deal, if you ask me.  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Demonlady33

Unbeatable Hunter

10,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:46 am
Magical Girl Yossy

stare

as prices decrease.
no kidding. it applies to manga as well. (i brow all my manga and anime from the local library because i'm poor and can't afford to be spending that much money on it.) I maybe get to get one disc not even a box set, just one disk that has 3 eps on it a year. all the manga i own i only got because i got lucky and found it at a used book store.

If you really look for it and are not too picky in what the anime is (or have a wide taste for it.) and what order you get the disks in you can some times find it in bargain bins at wal-mart or Zellers.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:16 pm

Wonderbooks sells manga for $5 under its marked price.
Good stuff!!

Also, I've seen the VHS episodes of Sailor Moon at Wonderbooks, too.

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Chaos_Vampire_X

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:35 pm
i hate how high the prices are for all the anime and manga  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:19 am

Yeah... you'd think the distributors would notice
the correlation between selling price and declining sales,
but apparently they're blaming the Internet instead.

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Elf Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:39 pm
I buy dvds but I watch online too, because U.S Gets stuff wayyy late AND some stuff they never get, so, it wouldn't be the end of the world unless JAPAN stopped making anime.. then I'd die gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:27 pm

The only way that this will change is if people stop downloading anime to watch.

Most people don't care about this though, which is unfortunate, but it's the main reason why anime is so expensive. It's popular enough now that it should be cheaper, but thanks to the mass majority of downloaders, it's not.

Mystery Ceres

Shirtless Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Team Edward 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Mystery Ceres

Shirtless Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Team Edward 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:17 am
Magical Girl Yossy

stare

as prices decrease.

I agree. It's a real turn off to see a $30 dvd that has only 3 eps on it. But, this wouldn't be NEARLY as big a problem if it weren't for the fact that most series have like, 26 episodes, so at that rate, it usually spans on 8 dvds. Now, do the math: $32 (don't forget that tax!) x 8= $256.

That is a LOT of money for only 26 episodes. And considering that many anime fans right now are high school and college age, there are not the type who are going to be able to afford that (in general) never mind the price of that several times a year. So what are the options if you want to see it?

Well, you could either borrow it from a friend if they have it (which is most likely not the case) or you can choose to not see it, or you can see it via downloads.

I think the anime market would do much better if they sold all of their anime for less and advertised it much more. *cough*and better dubs too*cough*

And don't tell me they don't have money to hire good voice actors. There are plenty of fresh out-of-college talents who would be begging to have this job for not much.

Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff