Submit

Yes?
  no
  yes
  maybe
View Results

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:53 pm
Is Twilight becoming too popular to a point where it's not as much of a big deal any more?
I know, that sounds like blasphemy, but it's becoming huge, and it's sort of bothering me.
sad
Anyone else agree?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I know exactly what you mean.
I read Twilight in January 2006 so abou about 4 months after its release and back then hardly anyone knew about it and I was happy. Now like everyone has heard about the Twilight series.
I was in a bookstore in america a week ago and literally every aisle I went through had a stack of TWilight/New Moon/Eclipse. I was like, wtf? When did it become THIS popular??

It's bothering me as well that it's becoming this huge but I guess if it wasn't, it wouldn't have gotten the movie deal..
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

KiraLight
Crew

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:05 pm
KiraLight
I know exactly what you mean.
I read Twilight in January 2006 so abou about 4 months after its release and back then hardly anyone knew about it and I was happy. Now like everyone has heard about the Twilight series.
I was in a bookstore in america a week ago and literally every aisle I went through had a stack of TWilight/New Moon/Eclipse. I was like, wtf? When did it become THIS popular??

It's bothering me as well that it's becoming this huge but I guess if it wasn't, it wouldn't have gotten the movie deal..

i know
it doesn't seem so original any more
but the movie might totally make the book look dumb..
they better do a good job on the movie
but then it'll be even more popular
when the movie comes out..
geez..  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:05 pm
No, I don't think Twilight itself is too popular, but I do think that vampires are. Ever since Stephanie wrote her book, there's been a "rash" of vampire fever across the nation. This poses 2 problems for me:
1. The whole vampire popularity thing will be history right as I get my book finished and no one will wanna read it XD
2. If there are any real vampires around, they're either walking around claiming to be vampires while a lot of humans are so that they can blend in OR they went into hiding cause they're scared of us. I think the first option scares me more though... makes me a little paranoid. Who knows what/who we're really walking around with every day?

*covers up i heart vampires t-shirt and goes to the closet*
Come on Jasper, you don't need to hide out forever... no humans are gonna hurt you. Look, I've got a blood cookie! Come on Jassie, come get it! *gets tackled* Off. Good boy!! Such a good wittle vampire!! xd blaugh  

6vampire6mistress6

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:07 pm
6vampire6mistress6
No, I don't think Twilight itself is too popular, but I do think that vampires are. Ever since Stephanie wrote her book, there's been a "rash" of vampire fever across the nation. This poses 2 problems for me:
1. The whole vampire popularity thing will be history right as I get my book finished and no one will wanna read it XD
2. If there are any real vampires around, they're either walking around claiming to be vampires while a lot of humans are so that they can blend in OR they went into hiding cause they're scared of us. I think the first option scares me more though... makes me a little paranoid. Who knows what/who we're really walking around with every day?

Come on Jasper, you don't need to hide out forever... no humans are gonna hurt you. Look, I've got a blood cookie! Come on Jassie, come get it! *gets tackled* Off. Good boy!! Such a good wittle vampire!! xd blaugh
haha
that too
vampires are becoming popular which is making them almost uncool
i guess i'm kind of a freak b/c i like to be individual
and if something becomes too popular like AFI
used be my favorite band
but then everybody was singing miss murder and i saw the music video on MTV and i stopped liking AFI
i don't want that to happen with twilight though sad
it makes me wanna cry  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:13 pm
xbookxwormx
6vampire6mistress6

haha
that too
used be my favorite band
but then everybody was singing miss murder and i saw the music video on MTV and i stopped liking AFI
it makes me wanna cry
Wow, I know how that is. Especially, when we get noobie fans who read the first 2 pages and think thwy know everything about the book(and also skipping In New Moon*mumbles* cheaters)  

Zirumi

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:17 pm
Zirumi
xbookxwormx
6vampire6mistress6

haha
that too
used be my favorite band
it makes me wanna cry
Wow, I know how that is. Especially, when we get noobie fans who read the first 2 pages and think thwy know everything about the book(and also skipping In New Moon*mumbles* cheaters)
yes! god
and then go around going omgsh i'm so like a vampire
omgsh i'm so a vampire
omgsh i'm sooo like alice
omgsh i'm soooo like bella
no you're not
go to hell-o!
geez..
this is what happens when i pms..  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:19 pm
xbookxwormx
Zirumi
xbookxwormx
6vampire6mistress6

haha
that too
used be my favorite band
it makes me wanna cry
yes! god
omgsh i'm so a vampire
no you're not
go to hell-o!
geez..

xd  

Zirumi

6vampire6mistress6

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:22 pm
I know, I hate that!!!!! *bites noobies* Shoo, off with them! Actually...my friend skipped reading Twilight because she loves werewovles more and she wanted to read about the protectors >.< Of course I took New Moon from her and held it for ransom unless she read Twilight.

I also hate it when people at the Stephy tours/talk sessions try telling her what to do with her book. Suggestions are cute and stuff but they don't need to keep pestering her about what they think. I mean, come on, let the poor lady work!!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:23 pm
Zirumi
xbookxwormx
Zirumi
xbookxwormx
6vampire6mistress6

haha
that too
used be my favorite band
it makes me wanna cry
yes! god
omgsh i'm so a vampire
no you're not
go to hell-o!
geez..

xd
haha
but i'm glad i'm not the only one that gets annoyed with people who post bulletins like "I just figured out a way i'm like a vampire"
wow
good for you
nobody cares..  

xbookxwormx

Circle the Sky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:23 pm

its totally becoming too popular.
in a bad way.
...and the movie! i am so hoping that magicly doesnt happen.
it'll ruin the magic, that the book makes.
i like picturing edward and all the other characters on my own. he is perfect in my head.
but when a movie comes out, there will be characters and those will replace the characters my imagination made.
...twilight, new moon, eclipse will just become another harry potter series.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:24 pm
6vampire6mistress6
I know, I hate that!!!!! *bites noobies* Shoo, off with them! Actually...my friend skipped reading Twilight because she loves werewovles more and she wanted to read about the protectors >.< Of course I took New Moon from her and held it for ransom unless she read Twilight.

I also hate it when people at the Stephy tours/talk sessions try telling her what to do with her book. Suggestions are cute and stuff but they don't need to keep pestering her about what they think. I mean, come on, let the poor lady work!!
*chorus of fans* YEAH  

Zirumi

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:25 pm
6vampire6mistress6

geez..
if i heard someone tell her what to do
i'd freak out
it's her book
not ours
if i was her and someone said hey you should do this
i'd be like hey you should go die smile
but she's nice though
haha  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:25 pm
Circle the Sky

in a bad way.
i like picturing edward and all the other characters on my own. he is perfect in my head.
but when a movie comes out, there will be characters and those will replace the characters my imagination made.

I'm not completely surprised by this, but Twilight took Harry Potter down. I feel bad for that series it used to be huge. And its been around longer  

Zirumi

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:26 pm
Circle the Sky

in a bad way.

yes!
i was going to say that
but then i didn't want people to freak out at me and come find me and kill me
b/c they're such hardcore fans..
but it's true!
geez  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers