Welcome to Gaia! ::

Daft Robots of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Daft Punk, Transformers, Gundam, you name it! It's a guild for robots. 

Tags: Daft Punk, Transformers, Gundam, Techno, even Gir 

Reply .:Daft Recycling Bin:.
Clash Daft Punk Interview Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mushywaffles
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:46 pm
here
It's a kickarse interview with Daft Punk by Clash mag outta the UK ^^

once again Guy Man sneaks in with an awesome quote at the end! XD

i think it's really interesting how they discuss the robots as separate from themselves, and i really like that.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:43 pm
Really you guys should read it.
neutral  

Mushywaffles
Vice Captain

Dannyxcores

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:08 pm
That was really interesting. I never knew they had the masks for 10 years.....  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:01 pm
To be honest...this interview scares me.

when asked about the french music scene thomas said:
To me the problem is that electronic music today is very hard to innovate as the music has been so accepted and so it’s not part of the counter concern anymore.
At the same time I think there is a generation of producers today that are bringing a very high quality of music; in a very fresh way but at the same time I don’t think I would be making electronic music if I was 20 years old because there’s a level of controversy of the destruction of an existing system and I don’t really find interest in this process of making music rather than really try to destabilise the previous order of things.

The reason I basically worship Daft Punk is because of their genius. They pushed electronic music into a scene where it wasn't accepted especially in France. Before the public even got used to it they started breaking the definition of the genre with their incredible skills of innovation. Da Funk and Rollin' and Scratchin' for example, WAY DIFFERENT from Revolution 909. Every derivative of electronic music you can define, Daft Punk basically did it first. The difference between HOMEWORK, DISCOVERY and HUMAN AFTER ALL are almost palpable. Now that their tour is over they DESTROYED and redefined the live show. Easily the craziest live act to catch in 2007 was Daft Punk. People will be talking about Alive 2007 for years now. Thing that scares me is Daft Punk in their interview with radio 1 said that Alive 2007 was the culmination of the last 10 years of work.

You guys. I think Daft Punk is very very close to being done.

What else can they do? How else can they innovate?
sad  

Mushywaffles
Vice Captain

Dannyxcores

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:46 pm
If they stopped or split I would cry. But I don't expect that happening yet beucase they always create new sounds and rithyms. I just don't see it happening, they wouldn't do that to us. And if I'm wrong than i'll drive into a wall =] jk. But seriously, that would suck if they just stopped. I think they have more inside them though.
(did i spell rithym wrong?)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:37 pm
Mushywaffles

To me the problem is that electronic music today is very hard to innovate as the music has been so accepted and so it’s not part of the counter concern anymore.
At the same time I think there is a generation of producers today that are bringing a very high quality of music; in a very fresh way but at the same time I don’t think I would be making electronic music if I was 20 years old because there’s a level of controversy of the destruction of an existing system and I don’t really find interest in this process of making music rather than really try to destabilise the previous order of things.

The reason I basically worship Daft Punk is because of their genius. They pushed electronic music into a scene where it wasn't accepted especially in France. Before the public even got used to it they started breaking the definition of the genre with their incredible skills of innovation. Da Funk and Rollin' and Scratchin' for example, WAY DIFFERENT from Revolution 909. Every derivative of electronic music you can define, Daft Punk basically did it first. The difference between HOMEWORK, DISCOVERY and HUMAN AFTER ALL are almost palpable. Now that their tour is over they DESTROYED and redefined the live show. Easily the craziest live act to catch in 2007 was Daft Punk. People will be talking about Alive 2007 for years now. Thing that scares me is Daft Punk in their interview with radio 1 said that Alive 2007 was the culmination of the last 10 years of work.

sad

If you won't stand for our troops....

I couldn't have said ie better myself.

And yes. It'd suck if Daft Punk broke up.

Heroes are forgotten.
Legends are remembered.
Daft Punk is forever.

....then go stand in front of them..

FireIRaver

Mushywaffles
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:17 pm
I will follow them as long as they are making music, whether it is collaborated or individual endeavors. It would be exceedingly depressing for me were it the latter.

It's kind of unavoidable though. All bands break up over time but I feel even though Daft Punk has done so much...they still have a lot in them.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:38 pm
Now you got me upset

I will follow them till the day they die

I will visit their grave and bring them offerings

But if they stop making music

I'm pretty sure they'd be tending my grave

Angel Cutter

Empress Raven Vulcana

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:10 am
Mushywaffles

sad

That.Was.Beautiful.

Indeed, it would be quite sad if they ended their greatness.

They are the gods of my music. And I wouldnt have it any other way.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:31 pm
here's what i would do:

still worsdhip them

you guys act as if this would be new. c'mon, if they break then what would we really do? worship what we have and cherish the memories like any fan would really do.

if you guys say that you would die then you aren't truly fans. true fans worship what they hold dear and they support who they love no matter what, and thats what i'm going to do...  

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100

Mushywaffles
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:29 pm
Course I would still worship them when they break up! I'll just mourn over their parting for a while. Don't tell me im not a true fan for that kayu.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:38 pm
Mushywaffles
Course I would still worship them when they break up! I'll just mourn over their parting for a while. Don't tell me im not a true fan for that kayu.

I know. I shall be sad that they parted. But then I shall be happy, because they can live their lives, just like us =D  

Empress Raven Vulcana

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:04 pm
the real daft punk isn't the band members, its what we make of it, and what we keep in our hearts...and i know I'll keep you all in my hearts, and this guild...

hopefully you all would do the same.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:28 pm
^^ .
Of course great leader Kayu-Sama.

*SNICKER*  

Empress Raven Vulcana

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100