Greedy Giver

8,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:05 pm
So... Christian denomination.

-Which denomination do you practice?
-What makes you follow that certain denomination?
-Why are there different denominations even though they all share in one ultimate belief?
-Do you practice one denomination but share many aspects of others?

I myself have never really favored one denomination over another. I share many beliefs and aspects of all the Christian denominations. And I study them all aswell. So many denominations and yet they all share one thing in common...they all believe in the Lord-and-Savior, Jesus Christ.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:56 pm
Quote:
Catholicism

Quote:
Matthew 16:18-19; John 20:22-23;1 Timothy 3:15; "The uncaused cause"
Quote:

-Why are there different denomination's even though they all share in one ultimate belief?
The refusal to accept that there is a single interpreting Authority established by God.

Quote:
-Do you practice one denomination but share many aspect's of other's?
As a Catholic, I believe that all other denominations take from Catholicism, so yes.  

fagon

Jenova Loves Mello

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:13 pm
I am LCMS! yay! 4laugh
im a luthren cuse thats what my parents are and i havent done much exploration yet.
some people want the Bible to work the way that benifits them the most, but lotsa people just intrepert the Bible differently.
I share a few ideals with the ELCA but like i said i havent done much exploring in the relm of Christianity yet...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:33 pm

I practice Christianity (or, to be more precise, I guess it'd be....Protestant, maybe? ^^; )

The beliefs match mine.

-Why are there different denominations even though they all share in one ultimate belief?

Maybe we all have a basic belief, however some details are undefined and kind of hard to actually translate.

I'd say 'sort of'.  

Retermined

Soup Opera

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:18 pm
...Hmm... I go to a Pentecostal church, so am I Pentecostal? I don't know. I love my church, so I haven't been anywhere else. Without a drivers license, it's not like I have much of a choice anyways. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:11 am
a follower of God.
GOD! biggrin
Must be because people think differently.
Not sure about this but I'd say I may have.  

Kezel

Miss Abigal of Lenox

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:51 am
Good morning, I must be the oldest one in this guild. I does my heart good to hear that so many of you young people have given your heart to our Lord, as far as a denomination goes, I don't think it matters what denomination we are as long as they teach about Jesus and they follow the Bible. I myself am a Baptist, my grandparents were Baptist, my parents too. Not all my children are Baptist, I let them decide that for themselves, and praise God, they are all beleivers, that's the important thing. We have to beleive in Jesus, he said, "I am the truth, the light, no man cometh unto the Father except by me", so beleiving in Him is so important. I'll let you in on a little secret, there won't be any denominations in heaven, we'll all just be His. God Bless  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:50 am
i'm a baptist
i follow it because of my parents.
i think that because in the bible some thigs aren't said out in the open their more shrouded in mystery and people think of things differently and come to different conclusions and all that. thats why i think there are different denominations((sorry if that made no sense at all, alot of people don't understand me anywayz sweatdrop ))
umm.... idk i haven't realy been to other churches so.....  

animefreec

Seint7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:59 pm
Which denomination do you practice?
I'm a Baptist.

What makes you follow that certain denomination?
I follow it because it because it just seems to be the closest to the early church.

Why are there different denominations even though they all share in one ultimate belief?
Some just interpret the Bible differently.

Do you practice one denomination but share many aspects of others?
A bit of Catholicism and Presbytrianism, I suppose. I'm old school. rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:28 pm
Kezel
a follower of God.
GOD! biggrin
Must be because people think differently.
Not sure about this but I'd say I may have.

xd
I like your answer best whee  

Beth Turner
Captain

Beth Turner
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:28 pm
punkanimefreec
i'm a baptist
i think that because in the bible some thigs aren't said out in the open their more shrouded in mystery and people think of things differently and come to different conclusions and all that. thats why i think there are different denominations((sorry if that made no sense at all, alot of people don't understand me anywayz sweatdrop ))

No, that's very understandable.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:34 pm
punkanimefreec
i'm a baptist

That makes perfect sense. I understand what you're saying.  

Lord Rhapsody

Greedy Giver

8,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100

Follow the Wolves

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:23 pm
I'm a Jesus Man.

That's really all that matters.

I don't owe allegiance to Christianity, I owe allegiance to Jesus.

That's why I don't hold myself to a specific denomination. (Which ironically makes me non-denominational)

To further stress this point, it's because I don't have any allegiance to Christianity. I'll curse Christianity in an instant if Christ tells me to.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:33 pm
The Blessed Resistance
I'll curse Christianity in an instant if Christ tells me to.
confused sweatdrop  

fagon

Follow the Wolves

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:56 pm
fagon
The Blessed Resistance
I'll curse Christianity in an instant if Christ tells me to.
confused sweatdrop

Christianity is Salvation as Religion.

We shouldn't owe allegiance to religion.

While there's nothing wrong with religion by itself, it should never be our first priority in the spiritual process of things.  
Questions and Answers

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff