Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.
Riiko Stinks! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:05 pm
SERIOUSLY! She is so selfish! I HATE how she keeps Shoji and Knight dangleing! scream  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:33 pm
What?! I love Riiko!! She's one of the few shojo heroines who doesn't totally piss me off!  

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

WelcometoNightmare

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:26 am
I don't like her.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:08 am
Riiko (like many other Yuu Watase manga heroines_ bothers me a lot. She grows up as the manga progresses (by the end I like her) but she is so selfish. And she's too obsessed with boys and her image.

I have way too many friends like that and it gets really annoying. "OMG! I've known this guy for a day and I love him!" Well...at least Riiko isn't that bad, but she's still annoying.

What really annoys me is that she actually wants a guy like Night. He's too perfect! Wouldn't that bother anyone? I couldn't be with someone who is that perfect, it's annoying. My boyfriend has to have a silly or some embarrassing trait for or something that makes him seem more human and lovable. But Night isn't human, so what can you expect really...

Fuyu Maiden

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:59 am
I don't like any of Yuu Watase's heroines either. I love the guys but HATE the girls! scream  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:35 am
Fuyu Maiden
Riiko (like many other Yuu Watase manga heroines_ bothers me a lot. She grows up as the manga progresses (by the end I like her) but she is so selfish. And she's too obsessed with boys and her image.

I have way too many friends like that and it gets really annoying. "OMG! I've known this guy for a day and I love him!" Well...at least Riiko isn't that bad, but she's still annoying.

What really annoys me is that she actually wants a guy like Night. He's too perfect! Wouldn't that bother anyone? I couldn't be with someone who is that perfect, it's annoying. My boyfriend has to have a silly or some embarrassing trait for or something that makes him seem more human and lovable. But Night isn't human, so what can you expect really...

I have to agree with that because.
I mean.
She's cute. but at times, she really did annoy me o_o;
Your right who does want a boy whos perfect. i mean night was HOT. but he's just like TOUYA. ya know from her older works, Ayashi No Ceres. NIGHT has no past. TOUYA doesn't. they only thing they got GOING for them is that there HOT. and that's not a good trait o_o; that doesnt attact me to a character at all.
When i say hot i mean i like everything, his persoanilty, the way he acts, and how he looks.

But anyway back to RIIKO XD;; Riiko is kinda selfish. i mean. i don't LURVE. riiko. but i don't hate her. its kinda so-so....
She does care about her image to much damnz.
She would never beat TAKIKO. from FY:Genbu Kaiden point blank.

KindledIiwi

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:46 pm
I just don't know what Night and Soshi see in her burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:28 pm
i cant say i hate her, but i dont care for her either. I just dont see why someone would pick a robot if they had such a wonderful guy in there life already. I dunno...she just pisses me off sometimes i guess >_>  

Bluluv6

6,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200

Fuyu Maiden

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:42 am
See? Exactly, why love a robot if there's already someone great in your life! I'm sure that Yuu Watase tried to get the same thing going that CLAMP did with Chobits. That you love who you love, even if they aren't real. Your emotions make them real.

But in Chobits Chii had flaws. She didn't know things, she made mistakes...she was imperfect (even though she was an incredibly powerful persocom). But Night...can someone name a flaw in him? No! Because Riiko designed his personality so that he'd be her perfect boyfriend. I can't believe that Riiko's "feelings" for a robot she specifically chose are supposed to be real. I just can't get it. I mean, by the end of the story I like Riiko (certainly more than in the beginning) but I don't feel sorry for her because her relationship was very...I don't know...but not real, I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:54 am
I hope Soshi finds another girl in Spain or something heart  

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

PerfectStranger_2-0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:16 pm
Fuyu Maiden
See? Exactly, why love a robot if there's already someone great in your life! I'm sure that Yuu Watase tried to get the same thing going that CLAMP did with Chobits. That you love who you love, even if they aren't real. Your emotions make them real.

But in Chobits Chii had flaws. She didn't know things, she made mistakes...she was imperfect (even though she was an incredibly powerful persocom). But Night...can someone name a flaw in him? No! Because Riiko designed his personality so that he'd be her perfect boyfriend. I can't believe that Riiko's "feelings" for a robot she specifically chose are supposed to be real. I just can't get it. I mean, by the end of the story I like Riiko (certainly more than in the beginning) but I don't feel sorry for her because her relationship was very...I don't know...but not real, I guess.

I know that Night have a huuuge flaw: he's stupid. Really really stupid.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:32 am
Arina Mizuno
Fuyu Maiden

Lol, agreed xd I still love him anyway though  

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

PerfectStranger_2-0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:57 am
maple_chan
Arina Mizuno
Fuyu Maiden

Lol, agreed xd I still love him anyway though

I really mean it. He is suuuper stupid. Besides, Soshi is MINE!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:38 pm
Did you see how Absolute Boyfriend ends? I won't spoil it, but suffice to say I went NNNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!! gonk scream stressed sweatdrop  

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Porcelain Rabbit Doll

The Committee Staff Genius

1,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:01 am
AGREE ON THAT ONE SISTA !!! I hated it when she did that , She didn't even care about Soshi's feelings at all !
Open your eyes Riiko ... stare  
.: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games