Reply Zombies. Seriously.
a 12 guage id say Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EmpressMotoko

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:13 pm
yup good allround antizombie weapon but there are times you want something diffrent.
also hihi plate!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:29 pm
The problems with a shotgun are mag size and ammo size/weight. If it's just one zombie, sure. But if they start piling up, you want something with a bigger magazine.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:14 am
Fresnel
The problems with a shotgun are mag size and ammo size/weight. If it's just one zombie, sure. But if they start piling up, you want something with a bigger magazine.

STREET-SWEEPER!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:34 am
Fresnel
They're also all right if you're in a group.

A loner with just a shotgun can lead to issues, but in a group of five or six, the shotgun can become quite useful.  

OO23OO

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:35 pm
A hunting rifle with a good scope and a magnum and you're invincible.

With a hi-power rifle and a lot of ammo you could hold back a city of zombies as slow as they go... And if any got close enough you could just pop them in the head with a 200 grain slug from a 6" barrel.

Pfft, zombies.

Aliens--that's where the challenge lies.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:51 pm
ArmasTermin
A hunting rifle with a good scope and a magnum and you're invincible.

With a hi-power rifle and a lot of ammo you could hold back a city of zombies as slow as they go... And if any got close enough you could just pop them in the head with a 200 grain slug from a 6" barrel.

Pfft, zombies.

Aliens--that's where the challenge lies.
What happens when your shoulder shatters like glass?  

OO23OO

I am an eggplant
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:06 pm
Aside from a Desert Eagle, shotties might be the worst choice possible

They're heavy, cumbersome, slow to reload, have limited capacity, have limited range and armor penetrating capabilities, and would be a PITA to shoot for extended periods.
Besides, how much ammo do you think you could hump?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hunting rifles a few of the same problems (except your shoulder isn't going to "shatter like glass")

The ideal zombie/looter weapon would be an AK clone or AR variant.
I seriously expected more from you guys.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:56 pm
SierraBT

The ideal zombie/looter weapon would be an AK clone or AR variant.
I seriously expected more from you guys.
User Image
SLR 106. One of the better 'AK' varients.

And I know a shoulder won't actually shatter, but if you spend all day shooting a 30.06, you shoulder isn't going to be happy about the next day.  

OO23OO

-GP-ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:25 pm
shotguns have good stopping power against a zombie so it can slow down a zombie.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:14 pm
Saiga 12 gauge.
2 5 or 8 round capacity, removable mags?
http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh07-e.htm

00023000;
Earlier this summer I spent all day shooting off my Mosin Nagant M38. I got a wicked bruise but my shoulder felt fine the day after... after I had two of my codeines left over from my route canal...

If you think the 12 gauge is a bit much, they have a Saiga 410.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:51 am
OberFeldwebel
Saiga 12 gauge.

00023000;
Earlier this summer I spent all day shooting off my Mosin Nagant M38. I got a wicked bruise but my shoulder felt fine the day after... after I had two of my codeines left over from my route canal...

Yeah, but for the same size magazine, how many more .223s could you fit than .410s? That number really adds up.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:55 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Saiga 12 gauge.

00023000;

Yeah, but for the same size magazine, how many more .223s could you fit than .410s? That number really adds up.

Yeah I know that, but if you need stopping power a 12 gauge is what's needed. That or a big handgun.  

OberFeldwebel

OZ -BS13-

Tricky Werewolf

14,740 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:16 pm
lol. If you want to kill a zombie first of all you'll need a large collection of weapons on u at all time getting right down to it. carrying 2 hand guns And as much as I hate to say it a 9mm works perfect against the un-dead! Only cause it works, these little kickback when u fire it and ammo is VERY easy to find when your running low. your rifle, semi auto or shotgun should have the lowest kickback when your fighting a hoard of zombies. It is not fun if your constantly fling our arms around after u fire it... It will start to slow u down! what u need is something like an automatic (of your choice) where u can fire and move at the same time! And as for your finale weapon it should be a long blade such as a Machete. When all else fails you can hack your way threw them till u are the only one left.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:50 pm
.22lr

small, but does the job, quantity over quality with zombies, large capacity, works in both pistols and rifles and you can carry alot  

tokarov

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:01 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Saiga 12 gauge.

00023000;

Yeah I know that, but if you need stopping power a 12 gauge is what's needed. That or a big handgun.
Define "big"?  
Zombies. Seriously.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces