[PRV] Not my idea of company.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:58 pm
Al-Hattal lay comfortably on his back in the shade of a small tree, eyes shut and all but dead to the world. Sleeping was his ideal way to spend the days, considering the effect the sun had on his dark form. Oh, sure, being completely black was striking, but it was also a pain in the a**! Some days he was almost sure he was going to melt away into nothing! So he tended to opt on the safe side and spend his days in the shade, saving the nights for being productive.

The large male's dreams were pleasant, full as the usually were of pretty, willing females. He'd been particularly enchanted with cheetahs lately, after his encounter with the slender Alcyone. So small and delicate and refined...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:03 pm
Narindima'moyo trudged through the unclaimed territory on weary paws, head low as the sun beat down on his back. This business of finding lions and lionesses to bring back and join his mother's pride was more difficult than he'd thought! He spent so much time just wandering around, and so little actually talking to anyone! He'd never imagined it would be so hard to just...meet people, but they seemed to be few and far between. He knew he could find some in pridal lands here or there, but that hardly seemed like a good plan! They'd already have a pride, after all.

But what was that...? Narrowing his eyes, Nari drew closer to get a better look at the dark shape resting beneath the tree. It was certainly big enough to be a lion! And there was the telltale bulk of mane, too. Seizing the opportunity, he trotted closer, calling out "Hello there!"

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:06 pm
When a distinctly masculine voice interrupted his dreams, Al-Ha kept his eyes stubbornly shut, as though he hadn't heard. He had no interest whatsoever in his fellow males, except when it came to stealing their ladies. He wasn't on held territory, either, so he wasn't worried about someone coming to drive him off. His only concern was to get back to having sweet dreams. Maybe if he pretended to still be asleep, the stranger would go away and leave him alone. Surely he had something better to do!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:09 pm
Huh! A heavy sleeper, apparently. Though he felt a little bad about trying to wake him up, his mother had given him a mission! She wouldn't be fussed about rousting him from sleep to get it done. "Hello? Excuse me!" Nari tried again, coming to within a few feet of the other male. "I'm sorry to disturb you, but I was hoping I could talk to you...?"  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:12 pm
No! He was supposed to go away. He didn't want to talk, he wanted to go back to sleep! Couldn't this guy take a hint? Still refusing to open his eyes, Al-Hattal groaned and rolled onto his side, so that his back was to the stranger, then wiggled a little to get comfortable. He was still asleep, dammit, and he wasn't going to wake up! Give it up!

It would take someone seriously impolite to continue to try and wake him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:16 pm
Unfortunately for Al-hattal, though Nari wasn't a rude lion at heart, he was determined. This was the first lion he'd seen in days, and he wasn't going to just walk on by! Mother was counting on him, and he wasn't about to let her down by slacking off.

"Wake up!" he demanded, reaching out to put a paw on the dark male's shoulder and shake him. "Come on now, just wake up! It won't take long, I promise."

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:22 pm
Was this guy stupid? Hadn't anyone ever told him to let sleeping lions lie? As much as Al-Ha wanted to get back to sleep, this stranger clearly wasn't going to just go away.

"Screw off, kid!" he growled, esyes still shut "I'm tryin' to sleep here! Go find someone else to bother, why don't you? I haven't got the time."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:26 pm
Oh...oh dear! He was a grumpy one, wasn't he? Just in case he might get even testier, Narindima'moyo backed off several paces. No matter how dashing scars might make him look, he wasn't particularly sure he actually wanted any. He didn't give up though, not yet! He knew the other lion was awake now.

"Sorry, but you really have to hear me out! I'm part of a pride, you see, and we could really use some new members..." He trailed off a little, recruitment skills still rather lacking.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:28 pm
"Pride?" Al-Hattal huffed. "You woke me up because you want me to join your pride? Hell no, kid." He was assuming, based on the bovious stupidity, that this lion was younger than him. "I don't do prides. Don't like 'em, and I don't want in one!"

"Happy now? You talked. Now go away."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:30 pm
"But sir, I haven't even told you about it yet! You might like this one better! It's great, it really is. We live with the vijini, you see, in the swamp!" Nari was grasping at straws, saying whatever came to mind. "You could always leave, if you decided you didn't like it."  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:33 pm
"Unless it involves an unlimited supply of pretty lionesses - and from the sound of things, it doesn't - I really don't care." Ever stubborn, Al-Hattal curled up, still intent on getting back to sleep once this kid went away. A pride in a swamp, hah! As if he'd want to live in a swamp.

"I don't want to. All I want is to get back to sleep! So bugger off and leave me alone already. I'm done talking, and I'm sure as hell done listening."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:36 pm
But...but he'd tried so hard, looked all over! How could it not work? This lion was clearly not going to come with him, though. With a heavy sigh and a slump of his shoulders, Narindima'moyo walked away to sulk for awhile. He was so bad at this. Mother was going to be so disappointed with him!  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces