Reply Zombies. Seriously.
Weapons for the Zombie Invasion Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheOtherGuyYouHate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:28 pm
These are a few of my Favorites and some of there background info.

Mossberg Model 590 Mariner
The Mossberg M590 is one of the few production shotguns to withstand the rigorous tests of the U.S. military forces. This thing is a serious piece of hardware. It's a nine-shot (8+1) 12-gauge pump-action with a 20-inch smoothbore barrel. The Mariner is covered with a nickel-teflon coating that provides serious corrosion protection. Its short length makes it ideal for home-defense and the super-capacity provides more than enough firepower for anything you might go up against. This was my first shotgun purchased.
Franchi SPAS-12
The appearance of the SPAS-12 speaks to me of both beauty and elegance, as well as deadly ferocity. This is a weapon whose appearance alone makes it quite clear you don't want to be on the receiving end. It is a semi-automatic shotgun, but it can be worked as pump-action if necessary, like when firing specialized ammunition that might not be powerful enough to work the gas-operated autoloading mechanism. This is a personal favorite of mine among the shotguns. The folding stock also sports an optional special hook device which wraps around the users forearm, allowing the weapon to be fired and carried single-handedly (but be careful of broken wrists).

Pancor Jackhammer
The Pancor Jackhammer looks like something out of a Star Wars movie, possibly carried by a group of irate Storm Troopers. It is sleek, compact, black, and quite deadly. Its frame is made out of a hardy new plastic, reinforced with glass fiber, making it one hell of a tough character. The Jackhammer utilizes a gas-operated design, like used in most assault rifles. The drum cassette, which can be loaded with standard 12-gauge shotgun shells, clips in just behind the grip, in a bullpup fashion. With a firing rate of 4 rounds per second, the 10 shells that it holds might not last very long, but so what? The Jackhammer is capable of firing on full automatic, making it one of the nastiest customers around, great for when your surrounded by brain hungrey zombies.

Taurus Magnums
Taurus is quickly becoming one of the market's premiere gun manufacturers. While originally dealing in a line of licensed Beretta automatic-clones, they've stepped into the revolver trade and Taurus revolvers are some of the hottest new items available. Many of their models are tried and true designs, but they've also brought to the world compact 5-shot snub-nose .357 magnums, as well as a 7-shot .357 magnum. Most of their revolvers are available with an integral compensating system, like those found on custom target shooting weapons, to reduce felt recoil and muzzle flip. The Taurus M44 (chambered for the yummy .44 Magnum) was listed in Guns & Ammo's Best Buys of '95.
Taurus' newest magnum revolver is the Raging Bull, an extra-heavy barreled double-action revolver chambered for the .454 Casull. WOW! Talk about your big guns!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:21 pm
Mmm, problem is some of those are impractical, one example is the jack hammer. The drums are hard to find, and the gun itself is expensive.  

Old Lord Brocktree

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:43 am
Old Lord Brocktree
Mmm, problem is some of those are impractical, one example is the jack hammer. The drums are hard to find, and the gun itself is expensive.
You can find a Jackhammer? Hell, I thought they hadn't even entered this half of the world.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:46 am
Fresnel
Old Lord Brocktree
You can find a Jackhammer? Hell, I thought they hadn't even entered this half of the world.

Exactly, they're raaaare. I doubt they're even past the prototype stage.  

Old Lord Brocktree

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:32 am
I've got an AR-15 and a Buckmark .22. Anybody know of any guns with more common ammo? I don't. Common and powerful... that's good enough for me.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:59 am
.22 and a 9mm.

That's more common.  

Old Lord Brocktree

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:44 am
Old Lord Brocktree
.22 and a 9mm.

That's more common.
Ah, well... I suppose you're right, but what about rifle rounds? The Buckmark is a .22 pistol, but I can't think of a more common rifle round than .223/5.56 (excepting .22).  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:36 am
Fresnel
Ah, well... I suppose you're right, but what about rifle rounds? The Buckmark is a .22 pistol, but I can't think of a more common rifle round than .223/5.56 (excepting .22).

Granted that both .223 and .22 are very common rounds, but you overlook two of the most common rounds still in production and sadly overlooked.

The .30-06 and .30-30 are both still in wide use in many states in the US and around the world. While superseded by more modern ammo, both calibers are still in demand and easy to obtain.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

tokarov

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:41 pm
http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh10-e.htm

Quote:
The Jackhammer automatic shotgun was developed by the US firearms designer John Andersen, who requested patents for the basic design of this shotgun in 1984. Since that time and until the late 1990s he continued to develop and improve his basic design but as far as I know failed to attract any serious buyers. In fact, only few working prototypes of the Jackhammer were ever built. Some sources stated that only two fully automatic prototypes are exist, and the Jane's Defense Library 2000 stated that the development is complete but production never began. At my opinion, the Jackhammer is a solution that still to have a question, and it possess some questionable features that can distract any serious military or police buyer. But, anyway, it is interesting design and well deserves its place both here and in the general firearms history.

jackhammer aint really around

now, "streetsweepers" are, and soon to be this thing but good luck getting either

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh29-e.htm  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:42 pm
Floyd
Fresnel

Granted that both .223 and .22 are very common rounds, but you overlook two of the most common rounds still in production and sadly overlooked.

The .30-06 and .30-30 are both still in wide use in many states in the US and around the world. While superseded by more modern ammo, both calibers are still in demand and easy to obtain.
To be honest, I expected .308 to be before .30-06, and I didn't know .30-30 was still really widely used.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Old Lord Brocktree

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:50 pm
Fresnel
Floyd
Fresnel

To be honest, I expected .308 to be before .30-06, and I didn't know .30-30 was still really widely used.

No, 30-06 would be before .308.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:56 pm
Fresnel
Floyd
Fresnel

i got one, they make great ranch rifles  

tokarov

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:59 pm
Old Lord Brocktree
Fresnel
Floyd
Fresnel

I guess it's the military influence in my friends. Everybody I know uses M14s and Garands, not .30-06's.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:02 pm
Fresnel
Old Lord Brocktree
Fresnel
Floyd
Fresnel

I guess it's the military influence in my friends. Everybody I know uses M14s and Garands, not .30-06's.
dont garands shoot the 30-06?

ohh by the way i think the a marlin 30-30 won last years (2006) rifle of the year  

tokarov

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:47 pm
tokarov
Fresnel
Old Lord Brocktree
Fresnel
Floyd
Fresnel

dont garands shoot the 30-06?

ohh by the way i think the a marlin 30-30 won last years (2006) rifle of the year
s**t, I think you're right. stressed  
Zombies. Seriously.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces