Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
New Forum RP coming soon. Seeking players now. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Senshi's parents were....
  The Gods of mythology
  Another idea you have (please post it)
View Results

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:52 pm
The older forum RP kinda died on us, so I am going to make a new one and am now searching for players who will be able to keep the commitment to play when it's done. The theme is going to be Silver Millennium and I will be using Canon and my own characters as playables in the RP. There is a minor dispute about the identities of the Senshi's parents, especially Princess Serenity's father. My idea is that we could use characters inspired by the gods of antiquity (primarily Greek). If anyone wants in on this RP , but doesn't like that idea, please say something and tell me how you would do it. We'll come to consensus by the time the RP is set up. I need to know what you think!

After the RP is set up, then we will officially allow made-up characters on the individual level. The Senhi aren't born yet, so they won't be available until the next part.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:15 am
There will also be a limit of two RP characters per player (and only one of those two can be canon).  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:52 pm
There's a down side to that list you have, Rush. A lot of people have their own ideas of who the past kings and queens were. It would probably be better to leave that blank.

It's actually hard to fill up roles like that because you already have an idea of how they're suppose to be.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:55 pm
Meh... you've got a point there... I'll put up a poll to see what poeople think, and go from there.  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Lunar Scion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:08 pm
Heyas~ Long time no see wink

I agree, I would enjoy to play the Silver Millennium but I'd prefer to make up my own background if I were to play a char wink

^^v Hope you guys are well!

<3 Selenity  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:52 pm
As would I and I would definitely play-my- version of Nehellenia.

But, yes I would rather make up my own background and character. Mostly because it's better and it makes it more interesting when different people come in with different ideas of who and what the senshi's parents were.

And, most importantly, where they came from.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:40 am
Okay, Rei.... I'm all ears. Tell me how you would do it and who the parents would be. If I can't use my story ideas, then I have to get ideas that everyone likes.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:15 pm
Tell the truth, I would leave it to each player who wants to sign up. I would let -them- make up the names and histories of their own personal characters.

And quite honestly, I think the better time-frame would've been when Q.Serenity was a teenager. It has more room for imagination. Or when she just arrives in the Sol system and is trying to build a home on the moon.

*shrugs.* I'd leave positions open under the names of

: King/Queen of Mars- *insert blank*

There are many possibilities to go off the beaten path.

Plus, my only other guideline -especially with Technology (As most don't have the concept down pat) is to think of it some what like the Ancient Greeks or the Babylonian.

They -had- technology. They had automatic doors, I'm pretty sure wiring was also around then too.

Socially, I would think all the worlds are somewhat stunted in a way. *but then again I'm thinking Earth Terms but Earth terms are what created this world.*

<< That and I researched a little and I figured the time line for the Millennium, would be in the BC, verses AD as the actual timeline was never presented within the Manga -or- Original Anime.

*Thoroughly ignoring Dub.*

Ah, got carried away...

But yes, I think that the Parent of the Originals should be -entirely- made up by the individual Player.

Like for me, If I played Queen Serenity- her husband would most likely be Orion or Hyperion or better yet- Don't go Greek.

Queen Serenity, for me, would be married to King Cavillaca. (That's an actual Moon God from another culture.)

(Even though I originally paired Serenity with Orion in my fan story, I've learned to be flexible.)

And Even though Nehellenia isn't a relative of Serenity's at all (though there's a contradiction but that's for another time..) I've made her one through the Greek Mythology of Hyperion and Theia who's children were Selene (Serenity), Helios (Yes, -our- Heilos that is the priest), and Eos (I made Eos to be the sister of Hyperion so Nehellenia would be Serenity's first Cousin. *Yeah I did write that down and posted it somewhere*)

But, Nehellenia herself is based off of both the gemstone AND a Celtic Goddess.

I've changed her father's name and whether her mother was a senshi or not depending on the storyline of the plot.

I've never made her inherently evil.

But..yes...that's how I would've done it. And if we did add the originals, they're names would really be Venus, Mars and ect. Because that is canon. 'course you could also make it that the individuals playing the Solar Princesses -could- make up their names. But officially they would be called Princess *insert Planet Name*

Eh, does that sound confusing?  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:37 pm
Not nescessarily... no. In fact, it sounds plausible and kind of what I was getting at in the first place.

If we were to make it like when she first arrives in our system,well, common sense would tell you that (going by canon) that she would be mistaken for a goddess to the prmitive Humans on Earth... Using Earth as an example, Endymion's parents would obviously not be originally from our system, either, so......... Well, the lost Continent of Atlantis could well function as the landing site and centre of power during the period. The War between Earth and the other planets would be what caused it to disappear according to legend. You see, my idea was to incorporate mythology into the story, just like Naoko-sensei did (and I'm not just using Greek... I use a little bit of everything that fits together well).

But I am a bit perplexed as to how we would do it with Serenity as a teenager... In my story, that would mean we get to see her homeworld and I'll have to come up with some details... Provided we aren't going with someone else's idea.

Let's see how many other ideas we get before a decision can be made. *has a bit of a headache*  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:50 pm
I think it would be really fun to just build off the canon storyline and let each RP'er play out their own backgrounds and such wink Instead of trying to mould everyone's chars off someone elses fanfic, let everyone create their own little fanfic. smile

As a side note, according to canon at least one of Endymion's parents is from the ruling family of Elysion, The Golden/Sun Kingdom.In Mythology Elysion is the land of Paradise (see Elysion /Elysium Fields, Elysian Plains etc.) This world would kind of be like the Astral Plains, and it's also linked to the gates of Hades. I have a whole kind of storyline centering around that section of mythology... Morpheus, Hades, Nyx, Endymion and Selene, Phobeter, Icelus... and others..

In my version Selene would be with one of the dream gods due to soooo many allusions in the mythological realm of the moon goddess and the dream god. (Dont have time to write them out right now, but PM if interested)

I'd really like to do something with Endymion's parents/ancestors^^ if noone minds wink But I think we should all do it our own way, building off the canon and each bring in our own little piece of fanfic with our char backgrounds. I think it will make for a much more diverse and robust storyline rather than trying to play within the constraints of someone elses' "box".

<3 Selenity  

Lunar Scion

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:27 pm
That's exactly what I was going for Megami.

And if we did do a bit where Serenity is a Teenager- that would actually be a lot of fun.

Though, I think you're on to something with the Golden Kingdom. Endymion-er...Mamoru did state in the Manga (my issue is 3-maybe 4) where he looks over the land and says 'Earth's winds once blew here'. <- or something along those lines. It seems to indicate that Elysian was physically present on Earth.

o.o That would be interesting wouldn't it?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:47 am
I'd be willing to help. I've been looking for an RP Game, since hardly anyone has gotten on the Guild lately.
I've already got one chracter made up and some of her background. I thinks its quite unique, so it might fit in for your standards.  

White Reiin

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:44 pm
x3 I can't wait to see her, but what standards? XD *Haven't had any for a little while*  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:06 pm
Just a thought... IF it were centered around Queen Serenity when she was a teenager, well she COULD be Sailor Moon. ^^ Since, technically, Usagi-chan "stops" being Sailor Moon in the future (Since she's Neo-Queen Serenity by then) and Chibi-Usa kinda gains that title, ne? The same could be done with Queen Serenity as a teenager. Or something like that. I dunno, just a thought. whee

I've been wanting to RP since a while. It's actually been more than a year since I was in one anyways. eek sweatdrop

Oh, hello everyone, by the way. xd  

Radical Shadow

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:28 pm
Well technically Usagi wasn't meant to be a Sailor Senshi- neither was Q.Serenity either.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff