Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Online .Hack mmo Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sin the son of hades

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:07 am
Well, on a site, http://cyberconnects.com/bbs/portal.php , it says
that a .Hack mmo based on The World R:2 is coming out December 24th.
I know that on this site there used to be a The world, based on 1st series, mmo. But there is supposed to be one, with game-like graphics, and
you are allowed to customize your characters, and have all classes from GU.

To me it sounds too good to be true.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:28 am
Oh it's true all right. how do i know? because i'm a guildmaster of "Liberation" in the game hosted by that site. we have about 19-20 members which is quite a large guild for CC. 3rd largest in the community i think.

R:1 right now is experiencing the end of the world. it's complicated because it seems like the EU's have already been chosen, rebirth has already happened, (site was down for two days saying nothing but "rebirth" on it) cubia has definately been defeated (there's a youtube vid someone caught of the fight) to sum it up in a nut shell, r:2 invaded R:1 on CC. if you want to look for me on CC i'm under the same name too.

and R:2 is definatly underway. The screenshots look pretty good. And character costumization is top priority because in a vote that the forums held, everyone wanted max character customization most of all. i voted for it too. but the dungeons look godly >3 (imma be a harvest cleric too btw)

the site isn't very friendly to n00bs, they hate threads made just to ask questions. so if you have any questions might as well send me a pm here on gaia, i can explain quite a good bit having been a part of the community since march.

and yes it's coming out dec 14th 2007. the exact same day R:1 came out after pluto's kiss if your looking at project .hack timeline. ^_^  

Samsayia

Sanus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:30 pm
User Image

HOLY CRAP
YOU'RE SERIOUS, RIGHT?
THIS ISN'T SOME KIND OF JOKE.
IT'S REALLY COMING OUT SOME TIME THIS MONTH.
*Faints*
OH LAWD. I'VE BEEN WAITING YEARS FOR THIS.

EDIT: I looked at some screenies. They look alright, but REALLY aren't what I was expecting. I was thinking that the graphics would be more like SRO's or Sword of the New World's. Buuut, the screenies up right now are from the beta, right? In the actual version they're releasing to the public, will they be better? Or still blocky and rather Runescape-y?
emo

We're in The Worldz, PKin' ur playerz.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:01 pm
Oh God. Runescape is a good game, but I feel that the
graphics fail horridly. I wouldn't hope for much improve-
ment. Though, it could be interesting if we had chibi
claymation figures like Final Fantasy VII...

The Slate Scholar
Crew

Puppetry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:18 pm

Honestly, I'm not sure if "The World" would actually be as fun when I'm not playing as Kite or Haseo D:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:25 pm
I really don't think it could be technically interesting for
a sustained amount of time. Similar to Runescape and
Maple Story, the only point of the game is to get stronger
and stronger, and when you are the strongest, then what?
The World loses its appeal once the players are excluded
from events and even when everyone has access to the
events. For example, how fun would it be if EVERYONE
had a bracelet, EVERYONE could fight AIDA, EVERYONE
had an avatar. Then think of it conversly. If no one had
any of that. Then it just becomes another MMORPG.

.hack//IMOQ and G.U. games were interesting because of
chance, random, data abnormalities in the systems. How-
ever, if these were progammed to appear, and were able
to be defeated, it would lose its appeal. It is truly fated to
become another MMORPG with no outstanding feature,
especially if the graphics blend in with Runescape.

The Slate Scholar
Crew

Zeinzu Randoso

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:23 pm
well not everyone would get an avatar hopefully! domokun domokun domokun  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I'm not sure if I want to play it or not. I have a feeling it's going to be terrible like their R:1 game.  

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

Samsayia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:08 pm
i can't release any info about the EU's. but no, not everyone will have aida or a bracelet or an avatar.

but everyone could fight cubia XD i unfortunately missed the cubia battle this time.

guys the game isn't made by some company, it's made by college people. It's made using AC3d and realm crafter. now, it'll be a bit like runescape graphic wise, but a bit better textures and a whole lot better interface.

it's got full screen interface similair to wow's. it also has 1st and 3rd person veiw, and HMD's will be usable. as for R:1...it's actually fun, but...you have to want to meet people. if you try to play R:1 and just be solo the whole time, you'll get very bored very quickly.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:19 am
This better be true because there are tons of rumors floating around.  

Triple Time

Sanus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:06 am
Samsayia
i can't release any info about the EU's. but no, not everyone will have aida or a bracelet or an avatar.

but everyone could fight cubia XD i unfortunately missed the cubia battle this time.

guys the game isn't made by some company, it's made by college people. It's made using AC3d and realm crafter. now, it'll be a bit like runescape graphic wise, but a bit better textures and a whole lot better interface.

it's got full screen interface similair to wow's. it also has 1st and 3rd person veiw, and HMD's will be usable. as for R:1...it's actually fun, but...you have to want to meet people. if you try to play R:1 and just be solo the whole time, you'll get very bored very quickly.

User Image

Wow... a bunch of college kids just got together and made it? That's pretty cool. But wouldn't that be infringement on copyrights or something since they're publishing it? :/

I probably won't end up playing this though, at least not at the stage it's at right now. I'm a sucker for high graphics, 'cause they're half the gaming experience for me. (Probably due to the fact that I'm a graphic designer... well, aspiring graphic designer that is =P) Of course, it has to have a good AI and story and all that jazz, but without nice graphics, I have a lot of trouble enjoying the gameplay. Half the reason I think people play these games is to get lost in another world, but with low graphics it makes that more difficult because they're less realistic.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:34 pm
Deus De Saturnus
Samsayia

User Image

Wow... a bunch of college kids just got together and made it? That's pretty cool. But wouldn't that be infringement on copyrights or something since they're publishing it? :/

I probably won't end up playing this though, at least not at the stage it's at right now. I'm a sucker for high graphics, 'cause they're half the gaming experience for me. (Probably due to the fact that I'm a graphic designer... well, aspiring graphic designer that is =P) Of course, it has to have a good AI and story and all that jazz, but without nice graphics, I have a lot of trouble enjoying the gameplay. Half the reason I think people play these games is to get lost in another world, but with low graphics it makes that more difficult because they're less realistic.

it's actually not copyright infringement because Bandai granted Jstacko (president of CC corp) rights to make the game. The graphics rly aren't that bad. it's alot better than runescape, it's probably a few steps down from WOW graphics, they're rly not that bad at all, i was kinda surprized with i saw Hidden Forbidden Holy grounds. it looks rly rly big though.

and the point of any game is to have a bit of an escape. the escape is influenced by fandom. and i think Rott_ has been working on making an ai. so far in R:1 he's developed a character named "AI0" and it can switch owners, you can make it walk around and say stuff, and you can take it to Bulwark, Arche Koeln, and Hulle Granz. think he's working on getting it to megan fi.

and correction on my first post guys. i said 14th but thats a typo, it's coming out on christmas eve. if you do happen to play the world look around for Liberation members ^_^  

Samsayia

Rukoga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:14 am
Meh theres been threads bout CC Corp in the Game assitance you know try looking there too xD

I too am a long time member of the site (( names _Subaru_ ))

I remember Joe Saying they arent gonna add EU's cause it would fck the game up bigtime = if they show up at all ((thatsa BIG IF)) it would only be admins holding a spiecal Event hell they might make it so you can fight EU's for the lost weapons ((pretty sure they are being added not positive))

Just try not to be copycats when you join R:2 ((no haseo,no kite or any .hackers)) Im pretty much gonna pk and destroy anyone who looks like a copycat of .hackers I only chose _Subaru_ on R:1 since people stole names I was gonna use =p but since R:2 is gonna be a fresh start I can use my names <3

~Meiu The Lord Partsain~ ((probably misspelt the LP job name Dx)) but yeah this isent a sick joke its a real game the graphics in the demo movie **Chara** arent the ones the staff are going to use if you want information please use the search funtion on the site and save Lady Ciel ((Forum/Game Admin)) alot of trouble **has to lock posts that have already been answered or something =**

longest post ive ever made on here X_X  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:14 pm
cyber connects? just a pixle graphic game. until the 3D/R2 one comes out...ill pass. though i did try it.  

Lan94

Puppetry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:59 pm

I agree with Deus and Slate. When I think about playing The World, I think I'm there for the pretty, almost realistic graphics observed through an M2D, like a virtual reality rather than a simple mmorpg.

@Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff