Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply The Twilight Movie
Robert Pattinson officially cast as Edward Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think he'll do a good job
  Yes!! Cedric love <3
  Yeah..I guess..whatever
  He can act the part, but doesn't look it
  He looks the part but can't act it
  NO!UGH, this sucks!!
View Results

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:12 pm
ALL THE FOLLOWING INFO WAS TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM STEPHENIEMEYER.COM.

***December 11, 2007 Update*** (Official Press Release)

Robert Pattinson joins the cast of Twilight

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Los Angeles, CA December 11, 2007 – Summit Entertainment announced today that Robert Pattinson will star as “Edward” in the highly anticipated feature film production TWILIGHT opposite Kristen Stewart. The thriller-romance, based on Stephenie Meyer’s publishing phenomenon, is slated to begin production in February 2008 with Catherine Hardwicke directing a script by Melissa Rosenberg (STEP UP). Karen Rosenfelt (DEVIL WEARS PRADA) and Greg Mooradian will produce along with Mark Morgan via his Maverick Films banner.

Erik Feig, Summit Entertainment’s President of Production, stated, “It's always a challenge to find the right actor for a part that has lived so vividly in the imaginations of readers but we took the responsibility seriously and are confident, with Rob Pattinson, that we have found the perfect Edward for our Bella in TWILIGHT.”

Robert Pattinson most recently starred in LITTLE ASHES as the young Salvador Dali. Pattinson is best known for his role as Cedric Diggory in the recent box office successes HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX and HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE.

***A note from Stephenie about the casting of Robert Pattinson:

I am ecstatic with Summit's choice for Edward. There are very few actors who can look both dangerous and beautiful at the same time, and even fewer who I can picture in my head as Edward. Robert Pattinson is going to be amazing.

UPDATE @ 7:47, PACIFIC TIME.
TAKEN FROM STEPHENIE'S MYSPACE BLOG.

I'm sorry the original post here was so terse! I got the call that I was allowed to post the news literally two minutes before I had to leave for an appointment. I just got home and I've been reading through some of the commentary around the fandom about Robert Pattinson.

I want you to know that I am really very pleased about this choice. Robert hasn't been one of the popular fan choices whose faces pop up on my comments page all the time, so I'd never really thought about him in the role before. When I got the news, it took me a little while to consider it (like a lot of you, I was pretty attached to the first person I'd cast in my head as Edward, so I had to readjust for a minute). I looked at all the pictures I could find, finally got around to watching HP4 (which I own, but had never seen before), and I read through the script picturing Robert in the role.

By the time I was done with my research (writing: a line of work where you can legitimately call drooling over hot boys "research."), I was kind of shocked that I'd never considered Robert before. Aside from my dearest Henry, Robert is truly the first person I've pictured in the role who I think can pull it off. The boy just looks like a vampire.

Also, I hear very encouraging things from the people who watched his auditions. They've been at this for months now, you know, reading Edward hopefuls day after day. Robert knocked their socks off; once he read for the part, the search was over. In other good news, apparently there is excellent chemistry between Robert and Kristen (they have all the major actors read together to make sure they fit), his American accent is flawless, AND he's read all three novels!

So YAY! for Robert Pattinson!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:08 pm
I screamed so loud when my friend posted the announcement on another one of my Twilight sites. Honestly, I've never squeaked so loudly in my entire life.

Now...I'm not saying that was a good squeak. Or a bad squeak. Just a shocked one...at first. Then I saw Stephenie's website and though, "...they need a better picture."

My two cents:
- The only acting I've seen him do is Cedric Digory, and I quite liked him because of his friendly atmosphere.
- HOWEVER, I do believe there were better choices so far as looks go (coughColton crying cough).
- Let us all keep in mind that it's not that impossible to change your accent. Henry's done it. Emily's done it (and quite damn well, might I add; I would have never found out she was Australian if not for an interview on YouTube).

@Kira: Did you delete the other thread that was up earlier?  

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:15 pm
I'm so f*cking PISSED!
Like I said to Kira a minute ago, I want to run to whoever thought it was a good idea to cast him, cut their stomach open, shove a copy of Twilight in there, scream "READ IT, MOTHERF*CKER!!", and run away, of course.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:23 pm
Okay, when I fist saw him I thought...hmm, not my first choice looks wise....but I went to his fan site and said to myself he might be okay.
I'm not familiar with his acting so...I dunno what to expect.
I REALLY want them to pick Alice and the rest of the Cullens REALLY soon!  

Aqua Anjel

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I'm sorry. It was totaly an accident I deleted it crying I meant to just click on the 'Twilight Movie' link at the bottom but I hit the delete thread button instead and automatically pressed okay. I'm sorry to whoever made that thread sweatdrop

But yeah, I was looking at the picture thinking they need a better one. But then I looked around..that was the best picture of him..

I think Robert Pattinson is a good actor just..ugh..I still can't believe they casted him. I agree totally with Kraken..
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:54 pm
I made an update to Kira's first post! Seems Stephenie had more to say about Rob being cast ;D

I'm watching Harry Potter as I type this, actually...
That was random. But! Wait, what was my point...
Oh forget it.

Anyway, the boy gets major points for reading all three novels. And for giving it his all at the audition. At first I couldn't really imagine him and Kristen together as Bella and Edward...but now I'm curious. Insanely curious. Like...I need footage of his audition. Now.

And, Kira dear, it's fine. No harm done :]

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

PurpleDuckyXD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:44 pm
I don't like him. He has an accent, he's ugly, and he looks hobo-ish. Drew Fuller = Edward

But no one can absolutely perfect the part of Edward because he's just too amazing  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:46 pm
I also would like to add....it's awesom he read the books!!!  

PurpleDuckyXD

ohemgee x meow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:13 pm
At first I was a little upset, but then I realized that they could have chosen a worse actor, and actually, I sorta like this guy!
I personally have only seen him in Harry Potter, but if he would just get a haircut... and wear makeup.... and maybe lift some weights... he might do okay.
Besides, just think about all the magic hollywood can make happen (I sound like an advertizement XD).
And another thing, the picture used on Stephenie's website really doesn't do him justice. It's really not the most flattering of pictures. So I googled him, and I found one that I like a lot better. Whatchu think?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Not to bad. right? I can actually see him as Edward a little. Like I said though, I think he needs to do something else with his hair.

In Conclusion: I really don't think we can judge him until after we see him in the movie.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:27 am
I actually think he's fairly close to how I pictured Edward... I think he'll do a great job. Why? Because I didn't have any particular actor stuck in my head as Edward for months and months. I came in with an open mind.  

FlixiePixie

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:20 am
No..I still believe he's ugly.

Although, I'm quite happy to hear he can pull off an American accent and kudos him for having read all three books.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:19 am
crying they make me cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy crying ..... wanna heart gaspard heart ... crying  

yohkomano

Zirumi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:06 am
I really dont think he looks the part, but I feel better knowing he read the books  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:05 am

I'm. Not. Pleased.
All the actors I had heard before would have been better than him.
He's good looking, sure, but he's not Edward quality.
He does score major points for having read all 3 books, but I'm still not pleased.
It's just that...in my mind, he will always be Cedric.

OpalGirl

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • Voter 100

Hime_ookami

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:59 pm
When my friend tld me the bad news all i had to say was "NO!". then my other friend started saying that she thought he'd be good and I turned to her and i just yelled at her "No! HE would not be a good Edward!"
I will admit that it's pretty awesome he's read the series though.  
The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff