Reply Buying and Advice
Walther P22 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dante Faust

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:03 am
Well, seeing as how all I have to really call my own is just a Savage .22 mag bolt action rifle(Not a bad rifle), and I'm still waiting for my SKS, I've been looking into getting myself a handgun. After hearing a good deal of good things about it and checking it out, I've started to take a liking to the P22. While from what I saw look pretty good, I'm still sort of a noob when it comes to guns. Seeing as how a lot of you are very knowledgeable of all sorts of fire arms, can you tell me some of the good points and bad points of the P22 and if it's worth purchasing?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:15 am
I'd say pass. They are very picky when it comes to ammo and require a decent amount of maintenance to keep running.  

I am an eggplant
Crew

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:29 am
From what other members have written about consumer grade Walthers, I would pass on them. Between the long term reliability issues and the fussy maintenance already mentioned, look elsewhere if you want a solid gun.

A perfect first .22 pistol can be selected from the Ruger line for about the same price.

Revolver or semi-auto, they've got the history and reliability to invest in.

Ruger Mark III semi-auto lineup

Ruger Single Six revolvers  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:33 pm
Floyd
From what other members have written about consumer grade Walthers, I would pass on them. Between the long term reliability issues and the fussy maintenance already mentioned, look elsewhere if you want a solid gun.

A perfect first .22 pistol can be selected from the Ruger line for about the same price.

Revolver or semi-auto, they've got the history and reliability to invest in.

Ruger Mark III semi-auto lineup

Ruger Single Six revolvers
Good old Rugers. After looking at the Mark III, I'm starting to like that one a lot. Though I still want a little more input on the P22, I might end up getting one of those instead.

Thanks for your help guys.
3nodding  

Dante Faust

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:45 pm
SierraBT
I'd say pass. They are very picky when it comes to ammo and require a decent amount of maintenance to keep running.

I thought you got the first generation of the p22 therefore yours is overly picky...

back to thread topic: I wouldn't get one because I am a big kid, (6ft 1-2in) so my hands are way to big for that little thing. However, if you are a small guy, this might be a good pistol for plinking.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:47 pm
Freak_090
SierraBT

I thought you got the first generation of the p22 therefore yours is overly picky...

back to thread topic: I wouldn't get one because I am a big kid, (6ft 1-2in) so my hands are way to big for that little thing. However, if you are a small guy, this might be a good pistol for plinking.
I'm around 5ft, 9in, but I got a small build. The one thing that I did like about it was that it fit in my hand perfectly.  

Dante Faust

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:00 pm
Dante Faust
Freak_090
SierraBT

I'm around 5ft, 9in, but I got a small build. The one thing that I did like about it was that it fit in my hand perfectly.

don't forget, it also has a lot to do with age, that pistol may fit your hand perfectly now, but what about in 2-3 years?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:18 pm
Freak_090
Dante Faust
Freak_090
SierraBT

don't forget, it also has a lot to do with age, that pistol may fit your hand perfectly now, but what about in 2-3 years?
That is something I should have thought of. I haven't grown much these past few years, but I kinda don't want to trade in a gun I like all because it's like a toy in my hands. That is something to be taken in to consideration.  

Dante Faust

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:28 pm
Dante Faust
Freak_090

That is something I should have thought of. I haven't grown much these past few years, but I kinda don't want to trade in a gun I like all because it's like a toy in my hands. That is something to be taken in to consideration.

how old are you?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:54 pm
Freak_090
Dante Faust
Freak_090

how old are you?
Turned 18 July 5th.  

Dante Faust

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:18 pm
Dante Faust
Freak_090
Dante Faust
Freak_090

how old are you?
Turned 18 July 5th.

in that case it shouldn't be a big deal, you MIGHT grow a wee bit but not enough to really affect your compatability with the P22.

(you grow five inches over night...)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:12 pm
Freak_090
Dante Faust
Freak_090
Dante Faust
Freak_090

how old are you?
Turned 18 July 5th.

in that case it shouldn't be a big deal, you MIGHT grow a wee bit but not enough to really affect your compatability with the P22.

(you grow five inches over night...)
Hmmm... While I can't say I shouldn't be too concerned with growing out of it anymore, I say right now I should look more into the previous problems with the gun.

Still looking into the Ruger Mk. III as well. So far so good.

Dante Faust

tokarov

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:36 am
if you want a .22 semi, get a ruger mark 2 or 3

personally id get a .22 revolver, like an arminius er something

but first handgun should probably be a .38 special, like an armscor, rossi, or smith would be fine

hold old you is, ya cant buy pistols till your 21  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:38 pm
Don't have to worry about the age thing much, all I got to do is give dad the money and he'll take care of it.

And those Rugers have my interest quite a bit now. >.>;;

Dante Faust

tokarov

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:40 pm
Dante Faust
Don't have to worry about the age thing much, all I got to do is give dad the money and he'll take care of it.

And those Rugers have my interest quite a bit now. >.>;;
they are a very good plinking/sporting/whatever

hell, i know people who have even carried them before they got a better gun

accurate as all get out  
Buying and Advice

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items