Welcome to Gaia! ::

The ~TRUE AND OFFICIAL~ Lucky Star Guild [OVA IN SEPTEMBER!?

Back to Guilds

Reply ~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild
Lucky Star Manga? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Satoshi-san05

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:33 pm
Is the Lucky Star Manga in the US yet? Is it as good as the anime? Graphic and Storyline wise.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:25 pm
Satoshi-san05
Is the Lucky Star Manga in the US yet? Is it as good as the anime? Graphic and Storyline wise.
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

No, it is not.

No, again. The art style is not very good, but the story is exactly the same as the Anime.

...at least you have influence.

Onicept
Captain

The_Great_Hero

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:33 pm
Onicept
Satoshi-san05
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

No, it is not.

No, again. The art style is not very good, but the story is exactly the same as the Anime.

Not necessarily the same; the manga is still running, is longer, has different scenes than in the anime in multiple sections, and the art style is more chibi-ish. The art style is good for a cute manga while the art style for the anime is good for a cute anime, so its rather equal depending on your preferences.

It might be at a Kunikoniya, although that's the best bet you've got. If they translate the manga, it might suck. Luckily, manga translations are better than anime dubs.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:52 pm
The_Great_Hero
Onicept
Satoshi-san05
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

No, it is not.

Not necessarily the same; the manga is still running, is longer, has different scenes than in the anime in multiple sections, and the art style is more chibi-ish. The art style is good for a cute manga while the art style for the anime is good for a cute anime, so its rather equal depending on your preferences.

It might be at a Kunikoniya, although that's the best bet you've got. If they translate the manga, it might suck. Luckily, manga translations are better than anime dubs.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

I don't think it is all that cute, actually. Not at all.

Also, that is wrong. Most dubs are better than the translated Manga.

Onicept
Captain

Satoshi-san05

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:34 am
I've seen some images of the manga that brought up my speculation for the graphics, for example, Konata's hair looks weird solid black.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:35 am
Thanks everyone. smile  

Satoshi-san05

The_Great_Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:46 am
Onicept
The_Great_Hero
Onicept
Satoshi-san05
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

No, it is not.

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Ah, whatever, to each their own. (Who said that? Its one of my favorite quotes.)

Although concerning dubs vs translated manga, aren't translated manga better because:

1. There weren't any voices there that might have been changed, so you can still convey the same feelings, just in a different language.
2. The characters are clear on the pages, allowing for better ability to be translated.
and
3. Dubs can change music associated with the anime, whereas there isn't any audio connected with a manga, therefore eliminating possible sound screwups.
...?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:16 pm
The_Great_Hero
Onicept
The_Great_Hero
Onicept
Satoshi-san05
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

No, it is not.

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Ah, whatever, to each their own. (Who said that? Its one of my favorite quotes.)

Although concerning dubs vs translated manga, aren't translated manga better because:

1. There weren't any voices there that might have been changed, so you can still convey the same feelings, just in a different language.
2. The characters are clear on the pages, allowing for better ability to be translated.
and
3. Dubs can change music associated with the anime, whereas there isn't any audio connected with a manga, therefore eliminating possible sound screwups.
...?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

1. Translated manga do not use voices, so you don't even have the feelings that are there, so they can't be changed. Dubs at least have feeling. Changed feeling [and it isn't really changed that much] > No feeling.

2. Dubbing companies have access to scripts, and therefore access to characters.

3. Dubs have access to background music, so there's no problem with that. Also, translated manga doesn't even have background music, so it loses in that regard. Background music > No background music.

I don't really have a position on this argument. I enjoy both. But I felt that your points needed to be argued upon.

GeebusKermas
Crew

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:13 pm
0ceanBlue
The_Great_Hero
Onicept
The_Great_Hero
Onicept
Satoshi-san05
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

No, it is not.

*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

and
...?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

1. Translated manga do not use voices, so you don't even have the feelings that are there, so they can't be changed. Dubs at least have feeling. Changed feeling [and it isn't really changed that much] > No feeling.

2. Dubbing companies have access to scripts, and therefore access to characters.

3. Dubs have access to background music, so there's no problem with that. Also, translated manga doesn't even have background music, so it loses in that regard. Background music > No background music.

I don't really have a position on this argument. I enjoy both. But I felt that your points needed to be argued upon.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Also, Translated Manga can also be prone to:

1. Being switched from Right->Left to Left->Format.

2. It is easier to edit things in a Manga cause all it requires is a artist, I know the FMA Manga has been subject to this due to references to Christianity (Whereas the Evangelion Manga was not changed due to references to religion, that shows you something eh?).

3. The context, story and even speech in Manga is way easier to twist from the original, there is no flaps to be matched and no background music to set the scene. All you have to do is digitally erase the speech bubble, or erase a character from a scene or even objects.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:59 am
You can read it on onemanga.com  

Nihilistic Rice

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200

Kazumi159

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:47 pm
I've seen a few
heres a translated link~
Clicky Please
it might not be accurate, I have some suspitions..  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:58 pm
The art looks pretty cute to me....And it is pretty much the same, much like aumanga Daioh

Vampire Esctacy

faryuu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:41 pm
You can go on eBay or Amazon and buy it, I've seen listings.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:37 pm
http://img34.onemanga.com/mangas/00000069/00000004/04.jpg :}P  

Princess Catnip

japanesefanforever

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:48 pm
i havent read it, but it is avalable in english.

i also know that the lucky star manga isnt an actual graphic novel its comic strips, like the azumanga daioh manga! domokun  
~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff