Reply Super Smash Bros. Guild
The Reason behind the SSBB Delay Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gear Sage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:22 pm
The reason is because the developers are ACTUALLY putting sonic in brawl! i know for those of you who didnt know its surprising, but (most likey the majority of you DO know already), for those of you that want proof here's a short youtube video on his appearance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpTlg-TSQRc&feature=related  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:32 pm

You are SO late. Seriously, guy, Sonic's Brawl appearance was confirmed a full TWO MONTHS ago. Even then, I doubt that that is the reason for the delay of Brawl. Remember, there is a third, still unknown, third party character. I don't even think that the two month delay was caused by any addition in particular. They just didn't want to rush the game like they did with Melee.

Talwar126

Mana Spirit Luna

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:06 pm
late indeed, but thats not the reason behind the delay >.>

i played as sonic at E for All and i have to say he wasin't that great of a character. i don't see why people are all hyped up about him.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:59 pm
I agree with talwar with everything you say except that there is another 3rd party character we don't know about. Why do you think there is another 3rd party character? I mean, there could be, but you kinda state it as fact.  

avantgardewaffle

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:37 am

It's generally taken as a fact
because Sakurai mentioned at some point
that there would only be about three third party characters.

I still haven't been able to find the source of this, though,
which I would like to see so that I can know exactly what he said.
3nodding

Does anyone have a link to the source?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:20 pm
actually i've known about it for quite a while and i posted this in case anybody didnt know about it. and the only other 3rd party char. that i know of is solid snake.  

Gear Sage

Talwar126

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:51 pm

You see, but there was already a Sonic thread posted by Yossy and you're incorrect in your assumption that Sonic is the reason for the delay. Sonic was the tool they used to soften the blow, not the cause for it.

1up states that, after Snake, Sakurai assures us that there will be one or two more third party characters. I'm sure that they won't leave it at just Snake and Sonic. That'd be anti-climactic. I'm sure there is a third third party character waiting in the wings to catch us off guard.

Anywho.... I'm off to bed. ::Whistles as he walks away::

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:51 am
it could be that they are trying to perfect the Online Mode
it is pretty much Nintendo's first time on a console to bring it online
that's what most of my friends thought  

Mister Ken Masters

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:06 am
Talwar126

You see, but there was already a Sonic thread posted by Yossy and you're incorrect in your assumption that Sonic is the reason for the delay. Sonic was the tool they used to soften the blow, not the cause for it.

1up states that, after Snake, Sakurai assures us that there will be one or two more third party characters. I'm sure that they won't leave it at just Snake and Sonic. That'd be anti-climactic. I'm sure there is a third third party character waiting in the wings to catch us off guard.

Anywho.... I'm off to bed. ::Whistles as he walks away::

Oh!
I forgot that it was me who first posted the Sonic thread.
xd

And thank you very much for the 1up link,
it's exactly the article I've been looking for!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:23 am
Link--Hero of Time
it could be that they are trying to perfect the Online Mode
it is pretty much Nintendo's first time on a console to bring it online
that's what most of my friends thought

'Cept it's not... Several DS games are online and Mario Kart: Double Dash!! was, technically, capable of online play.

You might be right, though, but for the wrong reason. It could be because of their desire to perfect online play but not because of "inexperience." It's hard to get a Fighter online because any lag ruins the fast paced experience. Any lag also makes it hard for people to play more than casually since timing of button presses would be off.

I think, though, that the delay is just for polish. Melee was rushed out the door and developers were tweaking it even then. That was the reason for glitches like the Ness Jacket, the Black Hole, and even Wave Dashing.

Talwar126

moose_tail

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:24 pm
Wasnt one of the reasons that it is delayed
is that they are still working on it ... ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:04 pm
Talwar126

You are SO late. Seriously, guy, Sonic's Brawl appearance was confirmed a full TWO MONTHS ago. Even then, I doubt that that is the reason for the delay of Brawl. Remember, there is a third, still unknown, third party character. I don't even think that the two month delay was caused by any addition in particular. They just didn't want to rush the game like they did with Melee.

QFT  

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150

Nevobac

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:47 pm
if anyone knows me they would know that i dont really take the time to read posts so if you said it then oh well, yell at me.... im pretty sure it was delayed because of wifi  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:31 pm
I thought it was delayed because they didn't want smash to interfere with SMG's release?  

Zerotar

moose_tail

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:46 pm
Zerotar
I thought it was delayed because they didn't want smash to interfere with SMG's release?

Either that or they are still working on it...  
Super Smash Bros. Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff