Reply Avatar Talk
How many of you are happy with the current AT? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jibo Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:24 pm
I like the people I've gotten to know well enough and I learned to skim through tektek threads to find them gems, so it is starting to feel like home again. I was just wondering how everyone is feeling about the AT these days?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:26 pm
[ I've been doing the same as you, peering though the horde of avatar simulation threads for something actually about real avatars. But I'm not very happy with the AT currently, I don't like how I have to hunt for a half-decent rate me thread. Rate backs are really common now, and I don't like them much, I find they will create a bias.

There's also a lot of people just throwing around numbers for rates without a reason.

I like the AT, just not all the filtering I have to do. crying
]

<3

[ Pyrite ]

FrozenFyre
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:59 am
eh, it's not as bad as i thought it was.
but i'm very frustrated.
it seems like no one takes the time to rate. ever.
and when they do, it's crazy biased in favor of clutter matching avis
opposed to simple matching avis
or non-matching avis.

someone needs to re-teach AT that not matching perfectly is okay some time, for the sake of a theme.

also, this might just be my biased point of view
but it seems like non-tektek contests are getting completely ignored.
at least mine is. for the secret santa event.
i'm giving away at WTF hat for first prize, but i have very few contestants so far. and i bet it's because i'm not letting them use tektek.
or maybe it's just because everyone's lazy XD
i really don't know.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:55 am
FrozenFyre
eh, it's not as bad as i thought it was.
but i'm very frustrated.
it seems like no one takes the time to rate. ever.
and when they do, it's crazy biased in favor of clutter matching avis
opposed to simple matching avis
or non-matching avis.

someone needs to re-teach AT that not matching perfectly is okay some time, for the sake of a theme.

also, this might just be my biased point of view
but it seems like non-tektek contests are getting completely ignored.
at least mine is. for the secret santa event.
i'm giving away at WTF hat for first prize, but i have very few contestants so far. and i bet it's because i'm not letting them use tektek.
or maybe it's just because everyone's lazy XD
i really don't know.

Whoa! Whoa...Whoa...
WTF as a prize!?
-seeks contest-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mister 32

Jibo Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:56 am
I have to say "filtering" can be a pain since it leaves you with only a few options to go in and hang. I try to go into the crap threads sometimes to correct them on the rules in hopes that telling them they need to read will scare them off.

My pain is that some ATers make threads like "Most of Your Avatars Suck!" and b***h publicly about how they hate the influx of tekteks and new people, but that's all they want to do is b***h. I think ranting is better saved for guilds sometimes when you're insulting the majority of people who might be reading it in the forum. I also feel like if you aren't doing anything to help, then you have no right to complain.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:12 pm
I think it's a litttttttttllle better than recent before when it really was just all tek tek threads. There's still a lot, but i feel like there's less >> then again maybe I've just learned to filter them out and i just don't see them anymore. hahaha.

I do agree the rating threads have diminished quite a bit :/ And though there's still a semi family going on there, it's not as tight knit as the olden days. I still love the people there though and overall think the AT's a unique place in all of gaia 3nodding

midnight kiss

250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

Jacob is awesome

Adored Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:49 pm
It's getting better and better.

Like Frozen said it's hard to find thoughtful
non-bias rates. And also to get decent suggestions.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:02 pm
Saturday nights in neon lights, Sunday in the cell.
Pills enough to make me feel ill, cash enough to make me well.

I feel guilty about it... but I scan the forum for names I recognize first, and go into those threads. If I can't see anyone I recognize, off I go to the Art forum. redface

Take me, take me to the riot.
Take me, take me to the riot.

Maudire

MabTheQueenMTG

Anxious Fairy

19,815 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:23 am
I think people are just getting lazy...
Hell... I spent a week looking for a good rate on an outfit... And offered 20k for the best one... And I only got maybe 15 worth looking at. sweatdrop

On the plus side... About half of them were from people in the AT I didn't recognize... There's hope for the next generation of ATers yet. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:30 pm
To be honest, I sort of miss the drama in the AT. Without the whole drama, the AT is just another place to hang out.

Then again, could the whole Tektek thing be considered the new drama? sweatdrop

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

Fyrae

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:19 pm
I only started posting there again recently... and it's not as bad as the last time I left, but I still think there are far too many tektek threads. I've also found that it can be hard to get more than a small handful of rates if you're not a. wearing something expensive b. offering something in return or c. well known.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:50 pm
<.< Just wish people would reuse their Tektek threads instead of dumping then making a new one.

Enkyubus

Timid Lunatic

iokia

Shirtless Elder

19,225 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:29 pm
I love the AT, really. It's the only board I've ever felt people might remember me in. >_>

Only complaint is all the friggin tektek threads. 2/3 of the board are tekteks and avi contests. When you combine the two, I'm sure to skip right over it. It's not as bad as it was months ago (people are making rating you threads again! huzzah!), but it still needs a lot of filtering to get to the good stuff.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:28 pm
I browse the AT mostly.. there's an a**-ton of "Tek tek me!" threads in there, which can be pretty annoying.  

Thanks 4 All the Fish

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Medalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

`Monox!de

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:24 pm

I agree 100% with Fyre and Maudire. xd ;; But it sucks for me because all the people I know are migrating out of AT, which I am also doing. o 3o; I guess it's obvious that I don't like it much anymore? xd ;;

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games