Awesome!
  Bad!
  Its was ok
  It was inaccurate or stupid (comment)
View Results

xStephanx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:13 pm
Goth [stereo]Types

An excellent little website! I abselotely loved it, it cracked me up.

I especially love the Baby Bat, Cyber-Goth and Hippie Goth descriptions.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:33 pm
Oh wow. xD I love the little pictures.  

nerdlover08

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:16 pm
Oh I know that artwork. I think that is Trellia's work, she does the goth stereotype pictures and she is on deviantart. I'm so happy they made a site for the stereotypes. I love her artwork.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:24 pm
It's pretty cute, but a metalhead isn't a Goth.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Poetic Witch

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:35 pm
You want to know to know an awesome goth store oh, and there is another one in Ottawa that is so wicked.

www.FairyGothMother.com  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:30 pm
Tuskiyo, this site isn't really a store, but thanks for the suggestion. However I never buy Gothy or cybery clothes from outside the UK since I'm only a trainstop away from Camden, which has everything from The Black Rose to Cyberdog and roughly 8 or 9 other Goth, rave and cyber stores.

spooky_sez

I'd agree, but it was included probably as a attempt to clear up the constant confusion. A lot of metalheads dress like Goth's, and I've even met one in first year of university who got assy when I said he wasn't Goth (he wasn't listening to anything apart from metal and rock).  

xStephanx

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:04 am
xStephanx

spooky_sez

I'd agree, but it was included probably as a attempt to clear up the constant confusion. A lot of metalheads dress like Goth's, and I've even met one in first year of university who got assy when I said he wasn't Goth (he wasn't listening to anything apart from metal and rock).

But on the other hand, the two groups do have enough similarities (particularly in a tendency to wear black and a love of things dark and spooky)

Last time I checked, us metalheads weren't about the spooky, more about the BRUTAL, EPIC, and POWAH!

But I see what you mean, it tries to resolve the issue, but instead just leaves it ambiguous, one of the main differences included should be;
"The key difference is in attitude, metal heads tend to react in a more aggressive manner, rather then the considered passive manner in which goths (except rivet heads and baby bats) will react.

I.e. If someone was to insult a metal head the typical response would be:
"Come here, so I can rip your arm off and beat you to death with the soggy end."

Where as the goth my respond, often with a clever witticism or such."

Well that aside my oldest sister could be described a corp goth, however I'm slightly disturbed by the fact the male corp goth image looks like me at work.

Also is it slightly wrong I can put each member of my family into the appropriate category on that site?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:09 am
Hahaha! i Liked it...it was amusing....

i actuaLLy fond a site once that was reaLLy good with aLL the stereotypes...but i can't remember it right now...grrr....!  

LelandStanford

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:04 am
Rellik San
xStephanx

spooky_sez

But on the other hand, the two groups do have enough similarities (particularly in a tendency to wear black and a love of things dark and spooky)

Last time I checked, us metalheads weren't about the spooky, more about the BRUTAL, EPIC, and POWAH!

But I see what you mean, it tries to resolve the issue, but instead just leaves it ambiguous, one of the main differences included should be;
"The key difference is in attitude, metal heads tend to react in a more aggressive manner, rather then the considered passive manner in which goths (except rivet heads and baby bats) will react.

"Come here, so I can rip your arm off and beat you to death with the soggy end."

Well that aside my oldest sister could be described a corp goth, however I'm slightly disturbed by the fact the male corp goth image looks like me at work.

Also is it slightly wrong I can put each member of my family into the appropriate category on that site?

My best friend is a metalhead. He always wears black (apart from his jeans) but there is no way in hell you'd ever mistake him for a goth. Ever. Observe, Willy-

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:32 am
spooky_sez
Rellik San
xStephanx

spooky_sez

My best friend is a metalhead. He always wears black (apart from his jeans) but there is no way in hell you'd ever mistake him for a goth. Ever. Observe, Willy-

User Image

Black doesn't always mean spooky though, I'm sat here in black jeans and a a black shirt. ^^ Also is he rolling a joint? Or just a regular roll up? biggrin  

Rellik San
Crew

destructive emotions

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:35 am
xStephanx
Goth [stereo]Types

An excellent little website! I abselotely loved it, it cracked me up.

I especially love the Baby Bat, Cyber-Goth and Hippie Goth descriptions.
lol, i am more like the medievil or the victorian.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:32 am
I lol'd at that site.  

MediaclCunt

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:38 am
Yeah, found that devART profile on a Myspace group once... favorited the TradGoth.

EDIT: That guy in the picture looks like a friend of mine xd (minus the shades)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:13 pm
Very fun website.  

GilAskan
Crew

-Isel-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:43 pm
Quote:
Visual Kei bands vary hugely in sound. They can either take the form of heavy metal (eg. Dir~en~Grey) or something more like cheesy Euro-pop (L’Arc~en~Ciel, Malice Mizer)

Is the way Dir en grey is typed and the fact that she said L'arc is visual kei and that Malice Mizer sounds like euro-pop part of the joke too?  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff