Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
cool christmas crafty... gifts Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:12 pm
lol. Couldn't think of a word for "gift" that started in "c". Totally killed the alliteration.

Anywho- get any awesome crafting gifts for christmas gifts? Or whatever holiday you celebrate in the winter with gifts (heck, I'm pagan, but its still christmas for gifts for me ^^).

Me? I got a new sewing machine- a Kenmore. I still need to try it out. And a new drop spindle. I'll post pics of both later. Oh, dont think I told you guys, but I learned to spin a few months ago and promptly PO'd my teacher by turning yarn on my second try better than her 6th yarn. ^^ I'm now proudly spinning naturally at sport weight with animal fibers and a 2 ounce spindle. Lurve.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:35 am
I received a $25 Joann's gift card. I'm going to have lots of fun deciding what to buy.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:01 pm
I got two skeins of baby ull, and some cool knitting needles with knobs that were painted in Russia, and the knitting book Knit two together. The fair isle mittens I made for my dad were a big hit.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:13 am
My daughter gave me 2 skeins of glow in the dark yarn. I love it. I have to decide what to make with them. Her suggestion was a pair of socks. I never made socks before so I think I start either with a hat or a small granny square afghan. I just had a thought of me driving at night with my glow in the dark hat. Any other suggestions?  

Little Skana

Flip-Flopper

44,900 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Task Accomplished 100

Demke

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:28 am
Normally I get a lot more crafty-type gifts, but this year all I go was a package of clay in my stocking. I'm going to make beads, I think.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:11 am
I got two skeins of lionbrand fancy fur in either bold black or stained glass I can't remember which and the knitting novel Chicks With Sticks (KnitWise).  

the_pink_ladies

Shy Shapeshifter

KiwiDragon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:57 am
I did not get a single crafty gift, unless you count cooking as a craft. But, that's ok. I don't think my family realizes that I am trying to be more crafty-or-they don't care, but again-it's ok. I'll just get my own craft stuff. You guy got some cool crafty materials though! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:58 pm
I got a $200 shopping spree. whee  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:26 pm
kochi~mochi

I'm green with envy, that blows my $25 gift card out of the water. Enjoy the shopping.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:55 pm
The closest thing I got to a crafting gift was this neato dvd that's for drawing. ^_^ (I also got a newer, bigger, better laptop w/ that has a rotating screen that I can close into a tablet pc for drawing and whatnot. biggrin )  

Chibi Kiku-chan

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:56 pm
I got a book full of knitting projects that use only one skein of yarn. biggrin Maybe now I can reduce some of my stash!

I also got a lot of cooking supplies, if that counts as a craft.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:09 pm
cool christmas crafty creations???

I got two skeins of Noro silk garden  

fashionista468

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:22 pm
ForestGreen
kochi~mochi

I'm green with envy, that blows my $25 gift card out of the water. Enjoy the shopping.

It didn't all go to the crafting, but i did get myself a nice big 36x24 cutting mat. My daddy decided to be even nicer and tell me that i could get my costume stuff without blowing my shopping spree, so i got myself everything i needed to make a lolita dress. And some other cute things. i think i have like $40 left on my shopping spree, since i spent alot on cloths and stuff.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:29 pm
kochi~mochi
ForestGreen
kochi~mochi

It didn't all go to the crafting, but i did get myself a nice big 36x24 cutting mat. My daddy decided to be even nicer and tell me that i could get my costume stuff without blowing my shopping spree, so i got myself everything i needed to make a lolita dress. And some other cute things. i think i have like $40 left on my shopping spree, since i spent alot on cloths and stuff.

Rock on the shopping spree. My grandma gave everyone checks this year cause of gramps heart attack, so I spent my $300 on a new HP printer that prints up to 13x19 (inches). I bought on the 25th and got it today. Super speedy!  

Silver Mist

.~RyuLuna~.

3,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:29 pm
Lol, all the stuff I got from X-mas was crafty. I got a new sewing machine, and all the goodies that go with that. A TON of fabric, and a sewing basket with sewing googies in it. Patterns, and thread, and a lot more. My family really went all out on me this year!  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff