Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Crafting Resolutions for 2008 Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pirate Dirge

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:49 pm
Since the New Year is upon us, I was wondering if anyone else is making crafting resolutions for the coming year.

Like many other knitters, my big resolution for 2008 is to stash-bust before I can buy more yarn.

I also bought a beautiful cross-stitch I want to work on and will likely take me the whole year to do.

What about everyone else? =)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:05 pm
Well, one of my resolutions is to stash-bust as well, and another one is to actually organize my yarn pile... It's pretty much a mess, since I haven't worked on a few projects...  

Sugar Bandit

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:21 am
I want to finish my first knitting book and try sending it out for publication. I'm going to need some test knitters though....*hint hint*  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:23 am
My new years resolution...
Sewing is to get my lolita dress done before fanime, get my prom dress done before prom, and to organize all my crafting crap. xp I really want to get all my patterns usable (all my sewing patterns adjusted to fit me and stuff).

Knitting/crocheting is to get everything organized, and finish my grandma's hats, and work on my girlfriends christmas 2k8 present, which is gonna be another blanket.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Pirate Dirge

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:34 am
knitting_needle_ninja
I want to finish my first knitting book and try sending it out for publication. I'm going to need some test knitters though....*hint hint*
=o That sounds neat, what kind of a knitting book?

Wow, nice to see other people have resolutions besides me. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:39 pm
My crafting resolutions for this year are to find the rest of my yarn and to actually get out my sewing machine and make a project.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:27 pm
Like many other posters: I will knit with the yarn I have before I buy more.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:08 am

I'm going to get more organized and actually get my act together and work on the projects I've been wanting to do.

And since I dont have a real huge stash of yarn (I've just started knitting) I'm going to buy some more awesome yarn. : ]

I also want to get all my stuff together in one bag. I'm a huge mess when it comes to organization.

-old cupcake-

Sparkly Darling

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:14 pm
I tend to do crafts because I think they will please other people, so my crafting resolutions is to do crafts simply for me. I've started with a crocheted sweater (the "Cupcake" sweater from Stoller's Happy Hooker book).  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:10 pm
Brunette_Star
I tend to do crafts because I think they will please other people, so my crafting resolutions is to do crafts simply for me. I've started with a crocheted sweater (the "Cupcake" sweater from Stoller's Happy Hooker book).

That sounds like a great resolution!  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

bytcheniss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:28 pm
This year I'd like to finally finish crocheting my daughters baby blanket. She's five. redface I also need to get started on my pile of sewing projects, finish embroidering the pillow I have been working on for my sister, and get through all the jewelry re-designs I have sitting around. I also should probably strip, and re-finish my daughters dresser this summer, but have been putting it off because it is huge, and a pain to move.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:56 pm
I resolve to sort out my beads into organizers by color and type. This will take a while.

I also need to buy more needles and crochet hooks. I only have a couple sizes of each, and now that I've gotten into more serious projects where the gauge actually matters, my collection is sadly inadequate.  

bookaholic

bookaholic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:57 pm
knitting_needle_ninja
Ooh, pick me! Pick me! I'd love to try.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:45 am
My resolution is to actually FINISH a project instead of losing interest halfway through....  

SaelensFrozenFlame

Chaotic_Mind

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:49 am
Momo wants it to be present time already,
Make my cosplay, knit the sweater I have all that gorgeous yarn for, and make more clothing in general.
And you should too...

Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces