Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Is this wierd to any of you?? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:13 am
I was planning to "Take my time" in the sims on my next family, so in my little head, I think that I should do as much as I can with this first family.

Except, does anyone else "Take their time" in the sims. I end up getting married, like, two days within my adult hood, and by the time they turn an elder, Iv'e done everything I needed, such as like, seven kids, three husbands.... you know?

Anyone actually "take their time" And WIAT to get married and actually WAIT for have kids....??
Just curious...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:56 am
Well, I've waited until like, four days before the woman becomes an elder, and had the fear "Grow old and never Marry" So I quickly got her married within two days xD

I guess I do take my time...in a way, but, the second the woman has a kid, they go try for another :Rofl: I'm trying to actually FULFILL The husbands want to have ten kids XD

Needless to say, maxmotives will be used a lot XDD  

MarianasLlama

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:05 am
geekstinkbreath;;

Nah.
I furnish the house and things, then immediately try to get the female married/pregnant/etc.

-----

twisted retro maggot

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:24 am
I guess I take my time. I only start to rush if there are things I want them to do that they can only do in certain age groups. I don't usually start a house with a whole family. Just normally a single Sim and I usually take my time finding them a partner. If there is a large age gap between them then I get the older Sim in gold aspiration and get them to drink the elixer of life.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Hello Soma

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:45 pm
I usually take my time with my favorite families with aging off. I carefully plan their wedding and leave little gaps between kids. Lately I've been doing the Prosperity Challenge where I create a brand new neighborhood and populate it and I've been trying to rush through that, since I have four families to play. However, I do try to find them mates as opposed to just sperm/egg donors. It's tough though. @___@  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:52 pm
I always take a lot of time. I hate pairing my sims with townies, so if I don't make two houses at the same time with a pairing in mind it can be hard to get the 'intended' together.

Also I have kids pretty far apart so the parents can focus on one at a time.

Then there's trying to get them promoted which for some reason I find impossible to do fast.  

o0-foxpuppet-0o

Xperian

Sparkly Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:17 am
I can end up waiting for a very long time when I use the Elixir, I can always make up the price by finishing wants in the extre days it gives you. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:04 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I try to take my time, but I always end up rushing. I can't really explain it. I guess I'm afraid if I don't hurry up and get stuff completed, I'll run out of time. 3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

kitten kapoodle

Fossil Tape

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:04 am
I have one of my sims going really slow, and then I had one sim flirt with one of the same gender for the lolz. I nearly got them to woohoo at the end of the day.
I actually had to turn ageing off, so I can make some ambrosia. I need to get a few skill points in cooking, though...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:02 am
There's just not enough time to go slow in sims 2. gonk
And I don't want to download an aging hack.  

Demon Days

Oh Em Jesus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:04 pm
I am SO slow at getting my sims married and things like that, I wish I could do it all faster. XP  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:40 pm
Not really.
I pretty much jump the gun and try to get married the first day.

Rarely I'll turn off aging and actually take my time.  

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:50 pm
yeah one of my character adopt a kid 4 days before he turned into an elder lol I was trying to "take my time and be relaxing"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:17 pm
As far as the sims 2, I always try to increase my sims' skill as fast as possible so that way when they are adults they can get to the top of their careers before having kids that way the mother can get paid a lot during maternity leave. If they have kids before reaching level 10 of their job I'm all anxious for them to go back to work and get promoted. Sometimes I don't bother with a job, though and sticks with crafting stuff to sell like paintings, robots, toys, etc. Of course I drank gallons and gallons of the elixer of life. I know there is a cheat code to turn aging off but I don't like cheat. I prefer manipulating the rules to my advantage without bending them.

For the sims 3 I switch aging off until I accomplish everything I've wanted everything I wanted everyone in my neighborhood to do for their current age. Of course I haven't been able to do that yet so I started another neighborhood in which I have one guy eat life fruit to stay young while the rest of the neighborhood ages. After I've had him reach the top of every career I'll go back to the original neighborhood I started.

Emradrig

Aged Healer

9,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50

hobbles1010

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:12 pm
well i take my time building the house and setting everything up, then level up my people as fast i possibly can, then i slow down, get bored, and then get the woman married/pregnant/divorced etc.  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff