Height Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:06 pm
Alright, so I was in US History last week and my teacher made a point that people were a lot shorter a hundred years ago.
Five and half feet was tall for a person, right? Well hell, take a look at Edward. He's 6'2" and was born in 1901. He would have been billed as a giant by the time he was sixteen.
Carlisle, too. He's the same height as Edward and was born in the 1640's. He would have towered over everyone in his home town.
Makes you think, huh?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:08 pm
That does make you think.
Maybe Stephenie didn't know that and just wanted Edward to be the hottest guy imaginable.  

LiskasaurusRex

digdogs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:15 pm
maybe growth is part of the process of becoming a vampire. We know that people become incredibly strong and attractive when they are turned into vampires, so maybe getting taller is part of that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:24 pm
very interesting and insightfull
thankz for the qrious info 4laugh edward the giant 4laugh  

mascaracachimba

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:25 pm
Artemis Cullen vampyre
Maybe Stephenie didn't know that and just wanted Edward to be the hottest guy imaginable.
Hah, dunno, maybe.
@Digdogs: I think that's a bit unlikely, considering the fact that Stephenie said that the vampires are frozen in the state that they were changed in.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:26 pm
mascaracachimba
very interesting and insightfull
thankz for the qrious info 4laugh edward the giant 4laugh
Oh gawd, I may just start calling him that now.  

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

Zirumi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:28 pm
The Kraken
Artemis Cullen vampyre
Hah, dunno, maybe.
@Digdogs: I think that's a bit unlikely, considering the fact that Stephenie said that the vampires are frozen in the state that they were changed in.
I remember her saying that, but pointing to a different prospect. Like if you were pregnant you would never have the baby. But with the way your putting it, that cant be true. What about when their features are changed to become more beautiful?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:45 pm
Zirumi
The Kraken
Artemis Cullen vampyre
Hah, dunno, maybe.
I remember her saying that, but pointing to a different prospect. Like if you were pregnant you would never have the baby. But with the way your putting it, that cant be true. What about when their features are changed to become more beautiful?
Well no, they change while they're going through the process, but once it's complete, their physical features can't really change.  

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:20 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Well, it's not really that their appearance change and become different, but they're just altered a bit so they look more attractive. The vampires probably looked like they did when they were humans but with a bit of photoshopping XD
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:33 pm
Your killing catgirls biggrin (anytime you drag reality into a discushion about a fantisy story you kill a catgirl (genraly comics))  

kgirl1992

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:44 pm
kgirl1992
Your killing catgirls biggrin (anytime you drag reality into a discushion about a fantisy story you kill a catgirl (genraly comics))

1. Learn to use the correct homonyms
2. Learn to use the space bar correctly
3. Learn to spell
4. Where do you get the whole "killing cat girls" thing?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:45 pm
KiraLight
Well, it's not really that their appearance change and become different, but they're just altered a bit so they look more attractive. The vampires probably looked like they did when they were humans but with a bit of photoshopping XD
Yeah, pretty much that.  

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

kgirl1992

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:26 pm
The Kraken
kgirl1992

3. Learn to spell

1. What are you even talking about?
2. I do.
3. I try.
4. Another forum.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:04 pm
They could have just been tall. Tallness runs in my family; I have a first cousin once removed who's like 6'8. It wouldn't have been impossible, even back then, for them to be that tall.  

PurpleViolinist

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:29 pm
kgirl1992
The Kraken
kgirl1992

3. Learn to spell

1. What are you even talking about?
2. I do.
3. I try.
4. Another forum.
A homonym is a word that is spelled/pronounced the same as another but has a different meaning.

And I'm going to have to ask you the same question you asked Kraken, what are you talking about? Where the heck did "catgirl" come from?

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff