Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy IX
Zidane: the face of arrogance Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sephiroth5432

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:17 pm
I have to say that he's pretty arrogant. But of course, the fangirls can disagree. HE really wasn't one of my favorite characters. I didnt like his attitude. He was tolerable, but i still didn't like him. So...........................does anyone else not like him?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:23 am
User Image
NarcissusOfDeath

~*~

Of course I am going to disagree. I would like to know what makes him arrogant though. That will help me from understaning your views a whole lot better. And his attitude is not enough of a reason to say he is arrogant.

~Narcissus of Death

~*~

Narcissus of Death

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:15 pm
Hm... He does act a little arrogant sometimes, but mostly he's just messing around. When it comes down to it, he really is a caring person. "You don't need a reason to help people." I really liked him... As much as I love Cloud and Squall, it was a nice break from the emo-ness.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:44 pm
Sure he may act that way but he really isn't a bad guy. If he were truly like that then I wouldn't bother playing IX. But at least he isn't emo like Cloud, and Squall. Among most of the main guys I got to know he is unique.  

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0

tetrasmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:09 pm
User ImageI totally disagree. There are way more times Zidane is thinking about others, rather than himself.
He's a bit of a flirt, but that doesn't make him arrogant.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:47 pm
hmm...i dunno...there are a few times where he is a little less observant of others feelings, when he only cares about dagger...then towards the end he decides to be all emo & leave everyone in danger & almost kill himself because he feels useless or whatever....but i wouldn't call him "arrogant" because he's not that way the entire game....but he can be, just like everyone else...that's what's makes him different, he can be like everyone else, imperfect. he's not this big, spiky hair guy from the future who does all this stuff no one can do. he's not super-human like a lot of the final fantasy characters (which i don't mind, it's just a nice change)....anyways, whatever. KUJA ROCKS!  

Jadekaij

Roel22

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:30 am
I dont like him he is just weird and not very cute at all....  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:44 am
I liked zidane, he was different from alot of the other previous main characters. So it was just a nice change!  

True_to_Fear

Meta-Nate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:56 pm
What!?!? Zidane is awesome I man he wasn't even a human he was just awesome not to mention he was a pimp, getting Ruby and Garnet(Dagger) also he flirted with Freya. You can't say he's arrogant because he's just awesome.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:58 am
I think Tidus is more arrogant than Zidane.....  

Elisabell-angel enraged

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:18 pm
I don't see any arrogance in Zidane.... I didn't like him, I don't why but I didn't.... but I know he wasn't arrogant.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:57 am
i for one LOVE zidane. many of my friends disagree tho but pffffffffffffft hes awsome  

wittyalic

Klous d-Arc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:57 am
Arrogant? Did I miss something the whole time I was playing the game? I could have sworn Zidane was anything but. I suppose I'll be getting told next that Kuja was actually a nice, friendly guy xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:42 pm
I liked him. He is probably the most cheerful of the males characters (even more so than Tidus, if you think about it), which is why I think the typical FF fangirls (of the oMfgee!1! variety) prefer Cloud, and Squall. Cloud, because most seem to be obsessed with FFVII and therefore love Cloud regardless of how much of an a*****e he can be at times and they love Squall, who is just as much an a** as Cloud can be, because he's moody like Cloud. Enter upbeat, optimistic, caring Zidane and they immediately hate him.
I think Zidane is probably the most caring FF male protaganist. Heck, he practically died trying to save a guy who had just tried to kill him.
He acts like a ladies man and has been described as one...that could be perceived as arrogance. And he's mean to Steiner, but Steiner gives as good as he gets.
Just because he doesn't hate himself and the world around him and doesn't give a damn about anything doesn't make him a bad character smile .  

LaLa Thats Me

Reels

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:12 pm
I adore Zidane. The only times I remember him being arrogant was when he was either trying to be tough, like with Steiner, or just kidding around.  
Final Fantasy IX

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff