Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Does anyone actually like the English dub? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the dubbed English Sailor Moon at all?
  Yes, but only seasons 1 and 2
  Yes, but only seasons 3 and 4
  Yes, all seasons
  Indifferent
  No, but I wouldn't mind a better dubbing
  No, it's terrible
  No because I'm strictly a subtitles kind of person
  No opinion/I haven't seen Sailor Moon yet/I've only read the manga/I've only seen the Japanses version
View Results

Mystery Ceres

Shirtless Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Team Edward 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:59 pm

Certainly, my ultimate Sailor Moon preference is the subtitled uncut version, which is hands down, the show in it's highest version.

However, I still think that those first two seasons of the cut Sailor Moon dubbed in English are funny and amusing in a different kind of way, and I personally thought that some of the voices were very fitting of the characters and or cute, especially Sailor Moon's. This may just stem from the fact that this version is a little nostalgic to me because it was the version that I first saw. In addition, I also thought that the little "Sailor Says" sequences were hilarious.

The subbed uncut version is by far the best and my favorite, but I still like the first two seasons of the dubbed Sailor Moon. I can't say the same for after that...Usagi's English voice actor is TERRIBLE season three onward.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:07 pm
The voices in the english dub of any anime freak me out. I can't stand to watch them.  

Lena-AngelEyes

8,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

DragonicFlames

6,550 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:28 pm
I hated the dub after I watched the entire seasons in Japanese and read what was -actually- being said.

Though I wouldn't mind if all the seasons (and I do mean all of them) were redubbed and made to fit the teenager audience. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:41 pm
I can't watch Sailor Moon in English dubs anymore...After watching the whole series in Japanese, trying to watch Sailor Moon Supers (my favourite heart ) pains me so much :<
Fisheye sounds sooooo much like a girl it really hurts, and the Amazon Trio are awesome in my opinion. Tigerseye voice makes me want to punch him, only Hawkseye has the voice which suits him.
On that note, I thought Zirconia was suppose to be an "old hag", but they give her a Yoda voice /facepalm.

Well, it's not like I didn't "try" to listen to Sailor Moon in English, it just kills my braincells so I never finish the episode razz  

Demon of Cute

Princess Makoto Kino

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:03 pm
Since I can't see well , and some of sub titles are done HORRIBLY with certain anime I tend to avoid subs, unless I've watched an episode enough times that I don't need to concentrate on reading them. Honestly though I forget what season was but I saw an episode in Japanese and I rather dislike the higher voices that were used , I kind of found them annoying >< . Although I do prefer watching the uncut version.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:30 am
I haven't seen any sub yet, but I love the dub. I know it's not exactly what it's supposed to be, but it's the Sailor Moon I grew up with. When I was little, it was perfect.  

LuluCat

Mystery Ceres

Shirtless Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Team Edward 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:01 pm
LuluCat
I haven't seen any sub yet, but I love the dub. I know it's not exactly what it's supposed to be, but it's the Sailor Moon I grew up with. When I was little, it was perfect.

That's how I feel about it as well, and that's why I LOVE the dub for the first two seasons. Like, everyone's voices were so cute. And it was what I grew up with, so I love it also for that reason.

My goal this year is to complete my Sailor Moon dvd sets and also get the English dubbed sets as well. I feel that my Sailor Moon collection would be incomplete without them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:17 am
Well. I was exposed to it as a dub. it was my first anime EVER!! So I LOVED IT!!! I just HATED how they changed the voices.. grrrrrrrrr thats what made me get into the subs.. and plus I could finally see the 1st seasons uncut. xp  

Elf Dynasty

SailorX2

4,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:37 pm
the dub could be better but it was that way for younger audiences  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:54 pm
Seriously...in english dub it sounds terrible...I prefer with subtitles..I prefer to watch anime in japanese but with subtitles.. biggrin  

Kaman-chan

Pixelated Nanka

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:00 pm
I can't stand the English dub because the voices don't go well after you've seen the japanese sub :3  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:53 pm
Only thing I liked was the first and second Season of the Dub and the music.

Otherwise- it suxz royally.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

MikiSohma

Gracious Giver

8,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:22 pm
I have to agree, I loved the season 1 and 2 voices... I grew up with them and I feel they agree with the character.. except for a few (Molly is one of them...) I must say that after watching the subbed, I felt that the very first voice of Serena was the closest to the japanese voice... I hated when they changed hands and the change in voices... Just.. didn't agree... I did like the Amazon Quartets voices, they were cute but other than that...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:05 pm
they made usagi nd more airheaded and tried to change genders of some of the charachters in the dub  

SailorX2

4,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:15 pm
ALL seasons and arcs need to be redubbed geared towrads teenagers like it was originally and then brought beack to America under this new dub...  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff