Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Male
  Other!
View Results

xStephanx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:40 pm
I've been thinking about this - how many Goth guys are there to Goth girls? Is it about even, or does the ratio tip slightly in favour of one gender?

In the UK club scene it looks about even to me. Some subgenres are predominated by more guys - the rivethead subculture for example is mostly male, while the darkwave following seems to lean towards female (although not the artist base for some reason). The Cybergoth scene is about even. The Elegent Gothic Lolita (EGL) is almost entirely female.

What would you guess the ratio as?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:50 pm
With no facts to back up anything I say, for some reason I think there would be more girls that guys.

But I could be wrong! And I kinda hope I am, Goth guys are hot.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

ShadowLotus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:52 pm
Here in Colorado I see many more girl goths than guys, but I do not know any real numbers for sure.
Just my observation...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:11 pm
I've Googled and stuff looking for any ratios anyone might have collected, but I haven't found any. I honestly don't think that information exists anywhere, like no study was ever done on it.  

xStephanx

ShadowLotus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:05 pm
xStephanx
I've Googled and stuff looking for any ratios anyone might have collected, but I haven't found any. I honestly don't think that information exists anywhere, like no study was ever done on it.

Yah I'd guess no such survey has been done, at least on a large scale. I am curious myself but I do not know how it would go about... I would think it would be near impossible to pin point and ask each goth, especially the ones that do not like to go in public.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:09 pm
With my cant towards the internet, I'd think the best way to start (although there's no doubt the information would be biased) would be to ask on a forum. Or put a poll on this thread and keep it on the front page until there's at least a hundred votes.  

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200

xStephanx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:15 pm
Lord Charlemain Richards
With my cant towards the internet, I'd think the best way to start (although there's no doubt the information would be biased) would be to ask on a forum. Or put a poll on this thread and keep it on the front page until there's at least a hundred votes.

Good thinking! Lets do that. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:23 pm
xStephanx
Lord Charlemain Richards

Prince of darkness only here to help.  

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200

ShadowLotus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:47 pm
Lord Charlemain Richards
xStephanx
Lord Charlemain Richards

Prince of darkness only here to help.

Heh that really is a great idea ^~

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:24 pm
Well the pole is here...Have people mention what they see on an every day basis, more of a male goth population or more of a female one. Where I come from, there are more female goths, of all types.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

DioRte

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:28 pm
I'M A DUDE! =D  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:16 am
DioRte
I'M A DUDE! =D

Dude, where's my Goth?  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:03 pm
From my limited goth scene (only 3 goths within 20 miles of me) there are an overwhelming majority of female goths (2/3 of them are female... I'm the male.... wheee?) But I think I know why. Males tend to be filled with testosterone, and go after the heavier stuff... say death metal, and thusly wouldn't be classified as goth.... I like the creepy though, so bring it on.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:12 pm
Kaishi Kyouki
From my limited goth scene (only 3 goths within 20 miles of me) there are an overwhelming majority of female goths (2/3 of them are female... I'm the male.... wheee?) But I think I know why. Males tend to be filled with testosterone, and go after the heavier stuff... say death metal, and thusly wouldn't be classified as goth.... I like the creepy though, so bring it on.

Dunno what you mean....
*turns up Man O War*  

Rellik San
Crew

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:37 pm
Rellik San
Kaishi Kyouki

Dunno what you mean....
*turns up Man O War*

Manowar! Born to live forever more!!!!!!!!!!  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff