Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Dotting the Letter "I" with a HEART isn't cute! :> Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever taken artisic license to your writing?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Kuo51

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:05 pm
Sometimes kids in Middle School & High School like to take artistic license with the Latin/Roman alphabet system. Instead of dotting the "I" they use a heart (heart) or a little biggrin . (smiley face)

What do you think question  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:25 pm
Dude, you just killed the thread on the first post. Give us something to discuss, please.  

santas cumming

Niccea Majeare

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:46 am
I think it is cute. Granted, I've never done it because I wasn't that type of girl, but it is much better than writing in "txt tlk" or leet.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:57 am
santas cumming
Dude, you just killed the thread on the first post. Give us something to discuss, please.

OK! I changed the prompt. mrgreen  

Kuo51

HERO Lissuh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:32 pm
Personally, I can't stand it. It takes twice as long to write, and looks rather sloppy in my taste. It looks... too young as well. You see high school students doing it to look cute, but in actually it looks like they're trying too hard to be adorable. It's fine for other people, as long as I don't have to read what they're writing.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:17 pm
Personally I think it depends on the ocassion. When I was a few years younger, I used to dot the 'I' im my name with a heart, But I did not dot all of the I's that way. Unforunately, I still put a heart instead of the dot under the exclamation mark.

I also think that it should'nt matter as long as the handwriting is clearly ledigable and written neatly.  

Shoko-Howlette

-x x kyoxtohru x x-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:39 pm
Cause a thousand words,
Call out through the ages,
They'll fly to you,

I agree with Shoko.
At times, it's a bit unnecessary. But, I still use hearts in my exclamations sometimes, and sometimes dot my I's with hearts.
But, I very rarely do that.
^^;

Even though I can't see ,
I know they're reaching you,
Suspended on silver wings.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:24 am
For middle schoolers, the dotting of i's with hearts isn't so annoying. In high school, it is. Well, most of the time. I do it occasionally. redface

It's unnecessary for everyday writing.  

Kaizoku-sensei

Sachiko13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:27 pm
I've never done it, and never will. It's hard enough to read my handwriting as it is, and I don't need to be doing anything to make it worse. I've never had a problem with other people doing it, because I don't really know anybody who does.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:44 am
I don't do it in actual normal writing, but sometimes if I'm writing a name on a drawing or something, I might add a heart instead of the regular dot. I think it's too much of a hassle to use normally.  

chrystalclear

Abnormal Munchkin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:38 pm
Somehow, even being who I am, I went through that phase. However, it was only when I signed my name, which was good.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:19 pm
Well, from what I can recall... The last time I've used a heart or a smiley face ontop of an "I" was in Kindergarden.. Or so I remember. I don't really like doing that though. It makes you look a little bit... "Kiddy," I should say. It's also too much trouble to use in essays, homework, ect. confused  

AirPoof

Skilled Datemate

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:49 am
Well, I think it's okay, but, there are occasions when it just gets annoying.

In my math class, for example, there's this girl that, when she writes problems on the board, puts hearts all over the place...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:41 pm
User Image
I used to dot my I's with a heart in Secondary School but I got it drummed out of me so to speak by my English teacher, who was not impressed and made me re-write my whole essay then gave me detention as I was a day late in handing it in, because she made me re-write it.
User ImageSpread Your Wings....and Fly.User Image

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100

Sister_Lenore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:52 am
I've never done it and I never will.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]