Welcome to Gaia! ::

GAIA! It's Heaven's Hell!!!!

Back to Guilds

A Place where people have fun, with occasional Events! 

Tags: Role playing, Spam, Event, Competitions, Games 

Reply GAIA! It's Heaven's Hell Major forum page!!!
For The Safety Of Gaia Members Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate hackers?!?!?!?!?!?
  Yes!!
  No, I like them!!
View Results

rayciel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:09 am
Hey, so as you know some people in Gaia Online got hacked (like me sad ). So
what I am trying to do here is to prevent people to be hack. Some people believe there are such a thing as "Free gold generator" or whatever, but there are no such a thing as that! Here is what I am trying to say, DON'T GIVE OUT YOUR PASSWORD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sometimes, you can't provide a hacker because some hackers, they use a program so they can login you without knowing your password or whatever. Be really, really careful! Good luck, GAIANS!!

rayciel <3  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:14 am
heart User Image User Image User Image heart
hey there random comment!!!
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I can't say i have shared the same experience, but i almost lost this account to a hacker, from those PMs asking for your account details, good thing i kept the PM and reported it i wasn't happy for a month cause i got scammed and i had to change my password everyday for 3 months just in case that person ever tried to hack into my account!!!!

My suggest Change your password into a code eg: H3ll0, and make it long so people can't get it also if you have more than 1 email account, change your email account as it'll make a difference, and be sure to that the email password follows the same password setup but make up another coded password for it. and change passwords as often as you can!!!!!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Telstel
Captain

Newbie Noob

9,200 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500

rayciel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:59 pm
Good suggestion! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:45 am
I periodically rotate my passwords in and out I never use the same one twice. Gives me a head ache to remember 20 or so passwords that are 20 or more alpha-numerically (Numbers and Letters) long, but hey it keeps the hackers off my accounts.

Somewhere on the site is a page to specifically report you've been hacked, I want to say under the contact them section but not positive.

The Program they use to log you in is called a key-stroke logger. Usually it means you clicked a link on some page and accidentaly downloaded it. If your constantly getting hacked and don't know why, I'd suggest Running an anti-virus and an Anti-Spamwear software. I use Norton Internet Security myself. I hate McAfee <-- no offense to it's other users.

Hopefully I haven't confused anyone but myself with this.  

gailenstryker

Naruto Uzumaki Gogetta
Vice Captain

Skilled Combatant

6,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:08 pm
BUMP
and
Random Comment!!!
lol

so thats how it works, huh rayciel get Norton and it should help out and use the firefox web browser and you should be fine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:26 pm
gailenstryker
I periodically rotate my passwords in and out I never use the same one twice. Gives me a head ache to remember 20 or so passwords that are 20 or more alpha-numerically (Numbers and Letters) long, but hey it keeps the hackers off my accounts.

Somewhere on the site is a page to specifically report you've been hacked, I want to say under the contact them section but not positive.

The Program they use to log you in is called a key-stroke logger. Usually it means you clicked a link on some page and accidentaly downloaded it. If your constantly getting hacked and don't know why, I'd suggest Running an anti-virus and an Anti-Spamwear software. I use Norton Internet Security myself. I hate McAfee <-- no offense to it's other users.

Hopefully I haven't confused anyone but myself with this.

Thanks for that! ^.^  

rayciel
Vice Captain

rayciel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:27 pm
Naruto Uzumaki Gogetta
BUMP
and
Random Comment!!!
lol

so thats how it works, huh rayciel get Norton and it should help out and use the firefox web browser and you should be fine

I use firefox, it's much better..  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:33 am
rayciel
what I am trying to do here is to provide people to be hack. Some people believe there are such a thing as "Free gold generator" or whatever, but there are no such a thing as that! Here is what I am trying to say, DON'T GIVE OUT YOUR PASSWORD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sometimes, you can't provide a hacker because some hackers, they use a program so they can login you without knowing your password or whatever. Be really, really careful! Good luck, GAIANS!!

rayciel <3

i think it's "prevent" not "provide"
am i right?

well...i got hacked once...i lost about 400k...so sad...i wanted to quit gaia...but my friends asked me not to...many ppl helped me out...=)  

Carrie aka The Honeybuns

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Profitable 100

Adean_x killer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:07 am
Personally if u cannot tell the diffrence in pm's then just put ur account prefrences to friends only that way u can just talk to ur friends whom u trust and keep following gaia's Rules Easy peasy  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:07 am
oh...cool......  

Carrie aka The Honeybuns

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Profitable 100

Pandicles
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:12 pm
That happened to me also.
But it wasn't a big deal since I hardly go on Gaia anymore...
Just once in awhile to check pms, comments, and posts.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:47 am
I had a hacker posing as a security bot asking for my password, i reported him and immediately changed my password.  

dragon_master_243

600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

dragon_master_243

600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:58 am
Ok guys, wanna know a program that no hacker has gotten passed. It's Linux, it was created by hackers to prevent hackers from infiltrating it, just like the iMac is rarely hacked, which is what i use. If you use a Microsoft computer then you're pretty screwed cause that is a number one target of all and I mean ALL hackers. Linux has around 100 firewalls that prevent hackers from getting pass and screwing you over, iMac was created by Bill Gates best friend who Bill eventually screwed over just so he could make more cash, the iMac that I use has 250 gigs of memory, two dual core processors, and a dual core brain along with having the best video cards. And if you're also wondering, hackers mainly use Macs and Linux systems when they do their dirty work.

Hope this information helps ya guys out.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:30 pm
carrie911017
rayciel
what I am trying to do here is to provide people to be hack. Some people believe there are such a thing as "Free gold generator" or whatever, but there are no such a thing as that! Here is what I am trying to say, DON'T GIVE OUT YOUR PASSWORD!!!!!!!!!!!!

rayciel <3

i think it's "prevent" not "provide"
am i right?

well...i got hacked once...i lost about 400k...so sad...i wanted to quit gaia...but my friends asked me not to...many ppl helped me out...=)

Ohh, yeah! Thanks! I must have typed the wrong word...  

rayciel
Vice Captain

rayciel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:30 pm
dragon_master_243
Ok guys, wanna know a program that no hacker has gotten passed. It's Linux, it was created by hackers to prevent hackers from infiltrating it, just like the iMac is rarely hacked, which is what i use. If you use a Microsoft computer then you're pretty screwed cause that is a number one target of all and I mean ALL hackers. Linux has around 100 firewalls that prevent hackers from getting pass and screwing you over, iMac was created by Bill Gates best friend who Bill eventually screwed over just so he could make more cash, the iMac that I use has 250 gigs of memory, two dual core processors, and a dual core brain along with having the best video cards. And if you're also wondering, hackers mainly use Macs and Linux systems when they do their dirty work.

Hope this information helps ya guys out.

HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?  
GAIA! It's Heaven's Hell Major forum page!!!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games