Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
~Attention all Guild Members: Kitkumi Has A Proposition~ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitkumi

9,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:26 am
To any and all artists of the guild, I figured I would make the offer here and give you guys a chance to jump on it before going to the art threads of Gaia.

I'm working on a project for someone very dear to me for that upcoming halmark holiday; you know the one. Anyway, it involves me working and editing a story he had started writing when we first met, and I was hoping to hire some gaia artists to do quick scene sketches for it that I could add in as I edit it.

Now, I'm not asking for charity here; I plan to pay for any sketches done with items and gold.

What Kit is looking for

Bellow I will post a set of scenes (there are four sections of the story and I've only chosen five from the first section for now). They don't require anything fancy, and they just need to be black and white; like the kind of sketches you would see in a journal. Quick little things that can be from any point of view from the room/area of the scene (if that makes sense. Explinations aren't my strong point).

You can do as many scenes as you want; just please post the one you plan on doing so we don't get repeat images. If you are interested in this and all scenes have been taken, let me know and I'll add up some more from the second section of the story. Any questions or anything, just let me know by post or through PM.

Stuff I'm giving away

User Image

Plus a total of 3000gold, broken up in intervals.
(things that have been x'd out have been taken already)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:28 am
The main character, Leon/Gabriel is in his early twenties, he's a vampire by scene two, has black slicked back hair, and normally wears jeans and t-
shirts.

(please forgive my horrible attempt at trying to describe things XD any questions are more than welcome).

Scene 1

Seeing Leon laying in a hospital bed with the IV hooked up and monitors at the bed side would work here.

"It was here that I first noticed things slightly out of the ordinary. First I didn’t recall being cut but I was hooked up to an IV that was dripping blood into me. Upon questioning the nurse, it turned out they were as confused about my low blood level as I was because I didn’t have any wound when I was checked in."

Scene 2

Sebastian is an older man in his late 30's, 40's, also a vampire, short, straight hair. Teacher to Leon. A sketch of the exchange of the small gift box would work here.

“Here Sebastian. I got you a gift for being such a great mentor to me.”
“Well boy, I’d never expected such gratefulness from you. Albeit I believe I deserved it but never thought you would actually show it.”
With that Sebastian opened the small box I’d presented him with and recoiled in shock. The small chunk of pure silver that I’d had my friend put in there had done its job."

Scene 3
Done by the wonderful EMO_Shino

Scene 4

Vincent; demon hunter. Older male in his early 40's with scruffy hair, a bit smug. Having Leon pinned down on his stomach and with his arm twisted around behind his back.

"It was at this point that Vincent informed me in no uncertain terms that he was going to train me in hand to hand combat. I figured he had to be kidding, with the shape that he was in there was no way he was going to keep up with an eternal twenty year old. I was wrong; we had hardly started when he had me pinned to the ground about to break my arm."

Scene 5

This scene would probably be easier to draw from behind Leon, seeing him kneeling with Vincent in a trench coat holding his arms out in front of him.

"I didn’t feel anything, no pain, no burning sensation, nothing. I opened my eyes and Vince was standing in front of me with his arms spread wide. He’d taken the shot for me."  

Kitkumi

9,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

starmist100

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:19 pm
Good luck!!! mrgreen I can only draw chibis, so I'm not really useful...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:40 pm
Lol. well, if you want to draw chibis feel free ^^ I'm pretty much leaving this open to any style.  

Kitkumi

9,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

EM0 Shino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:12 pm
... If I can find time to draw....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:28 pm
Awesome ^^  

Kitkumi

9,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

EM0 Shino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:32 pm
Okay... I'm bored now...
-doodles-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:45 pm
everyone I've talked too today has been bored, lol. it must be an off day for every body.  

Kitkumi

9,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

EM0 Shino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:50 pm
I had school. = =
And it was boring today....
I was so bored enough that I drew PPN in a staring contest with Balmung....
Also... making a Haseo type of person....
Getting some fangirls going to me trying to grab... my Roxas picture that I drew... ; ;

That does sound like an usual day to me....

-doodles-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:13 pm
Are you going to post the haseo and staring contest pictures here in the guild? Yays for Roxas ^^ Kingdom hearts is a good game. Luckily I didn't have classes today, but I do have to go tomorrow. Ugh... getting up early sucks.  

Kitkumi

9,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

EM0 Shino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:23 pm
Yup...
Oh I finished scanning that scene with the sword/dagger. ><
Ugh...
The haseo one isn't finish though. I still need to work on the details.
The Roxas is in 'Shino's Collection' thread in the Fanart subforum in the guild. ; ;
It's drawn as if Roxas belongs to Loveless....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:37 pm
The scene looks amazing, thank you very much ^^ I'll have to bop over to the thread to see Roxas.  

Kitkumi

9,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Tsukasa5174

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:05 pm
i would love to help when do you need it done by