Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Polls...lol
  Pole Whore!!!
View Results

addykaye

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:41 am
I have only read two that have stuck to me ever since I read them and they are both from the same person...Warren Miller...

"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do."

"Don't take life too seriously, because you can't get out of it alive."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:07 pm
“Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.”
Oscar Wilde

Oscar Wilde has the best quotes, I swear.  

CaprinaePsi

Je Suis La Vie

Liberal Millionaire

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:10 pm
"The purpose of life is to be Happy."
HH the Dalai Lama heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:47 pm
My favs:

"To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die,
but he can never know that he is dead." -Samuel Butler

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul,
Wisdom is better than silver and gold."
-Jimmi Hendrix  

cxnthebxtch

Daily Night

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:00 am
We are born naked, wet, and hungry, then things get worse.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:45 am
Life is just one damned thing after another. - Elbert Hubbard  

Nephrastar

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:00 am
I like many quotes. So much that I can never remember most of them. Once in a while they would appeared in front of me (either in spoken language or text forms) then I will remember them, else I will just go back to imdb and search my favourite movies' quotes from time to time and hoping each time I will remember more and more.

these two are what I like quite a lot, can't choose favourite:

Memory's a wonderful thing if you don't have to deal with the past. - from Celine in Before Sunset (film)

My mom told me once that when you're afraid of something, what you want more than anything else is to make it go away. You want your life back to the way it was before you found out that there was something to be afraid of. You want to build a high wall and live your old life behind it. But nothing ever stays the same. That's not your old life at all. That's your new life with a wall around it. Your choice is not about going back to the way things were. Your choice is about hiding, or about going right to the heart of the thing that scares you. - from Allison Clarke in Taken  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:17 pm
I have a few.

To live is to suffer; to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering. -Roberta Flack

Life becomes fully understandable only the moment we realize that we are all mad. -Mark Twain

Many people would sooner die than think. In fact they do. -Bertrand Russell

While there's life, there's hope. -Ad Atticum

My life has no purpose, no direction, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right? -Charles M. Schulz

Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone. -Pablo Picasso

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. -Robert Frost  

Mal-0

Dangerous Lunatic

3,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200

hiddlestoned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:20 pm
'A foolish traveler was on a journey. He was stupid because he was easily tricked. The townspeople took advantage of him. On that journey, he was tricked into giving away all his mmoney, clothes, and shoes, But the traveler was foolish, so when the townspeople lied to him, tears would stream down his face....and he would sat "Please be happy." When he gave away his last belonging, he was naked and ashamed to be seen. So he decided to travel in the forest.Then he met monsters wholived in the forest. They wanted to eat him, so they tricked him with clever words. Of course the traveler was fooled and he eventually was reduced to a head. He gave his eyes to the last monster. As the monster ate his eyes, he said, "Thank. I'll give you this in return." and left him. But that was a lie too. His 'gift' was a piece of paper with the word 'fool' on it. But the traveler cried and cried, saying "Thank you, thank you. This is the first time anyone's ever given anything to me. Thank you, thank you." While he was crying....he died.' 'Everyone laughed. While they laughed, I closed my eyes and thought about the traveler. And I thought....how lucky he was. Loss...suffering...it's pointless to think about them. The traveler didn't. That...might be stupid to others, but not to me. i won't trick anyone, even if other people thinks they deserve it. I just want to make them happy. Do you think that's really stupid? When you close your eyes, what do you think?'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:04 pm
that last quote was from Fruits Basket :3

"Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep."
- Carl Sandburg  

kakteed

Fashionable Hunter

S u g a h b o p

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:25 am
      I have quite a few, but I really like the scene in Donnie Darko where they are discussing Watership down. -

"Why should I mourn for a rabbit like he was human?"
      "Are you saying that the death of one species is less tragic than another?"
      "Of course. The rabbit's not like us. It has no... keen look at something in the mirror, it has no history books, no photographs, no knowledge of sorrow or regret... I mean, I'm sorry, Miss Pommeroy, don't get me wrong; y'know, I like rabbits and all. They're cute and they're horny. And if you're cute and you're horny, then you're probably happy, in that you don't know who you are and why you're even alive. And you just wanna' have sex, as many times as possible, before you die... I mean, I just don't see the point in crying over a dead rabbit! Y'know, who... who never even feared death to begin with."

Another one is from Oscar Wilde -
      " One's real life is often the life that one does not lead. "

Oh, and the last one ( this one is my favorite ) is again from Donnie darko [: -

" Is the search for god absurd? "
      " It is if every-one dies alone. "

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:34 am
"I believe in the old saying, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." What I find beautiful another person could find repulsive. You cannot specifically define beauty."-Me

"Without work, all life goes rotten. But when work is soulless, life stifles and dies."-Albert Camus

".. love what you do, do what you love. If you're not, do something different .."

"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh."- Magus

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, cause sinners have much more fun, ya know that only the good die young."-Only the Good Die Young, Billy Joel

"Not all who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

"More people have been killed in the name of God than for any other reason"-George Carlin

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is completely optional."

"World is trouble. Man needs a little madness or else he dare not cut the rope and be free."-Kazantzakis

"Heaven's not a place where you go when you die, its that moment in life where you actually feel alive."

"The less you know, the more you believe." Bono

The Human Equation-Power+Emotion=Weapon  

Kothlim

Angry_Poppa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:25 pm
“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.” -Marcus Aurelius

“Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.” -Marcus Aurelius

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” -Marcus Aurelius

pretty much, anything Marcus Aurelius says is amazing  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:30 am
"An eye for an eye makes everyone blind" -Ghandi.
"We are the unwilling, led by the unqualified, doing the unecesary, for the ungrateful"

"Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.". Michel de Montaigne.

"I am not one of those who in expressing opinions confine
themselves to facts.". Mark Twain.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
Mark Twain.

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.". Mark Twain.

The most beautiful adventures are not those we go to seek.". - Robert Louis Stevenson.

uPrincess Bubblegum

xBea Maria

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:11 pm
"Do not do on to others what you do not want them to do on to you".
---- By Confucius, one of the great philosophers of China!

"The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth"
also by Confucius i think biggrin

"I'll never give up, I'll never give in, Never let a ray of doubt slip in, and if I fall... I never failed I'll just get up and try again"
Win, I'm not sure who wrote it sweatdrop  
51: Philosophy.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces