Welcome to Gaia! ::

History Huggers

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who do want to live in the past! 

Tags: history, historical 

Reply Main Forum
hi Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

roman-optio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:28 pm
hi im new to this guild. i love ancient history and im obsessed talking about roman history....whoever is the leader, i'd like to be an optio (second in command to a centurion, which is the commander of a roman army unit of 100 men called a century), serving under trajan, one of the emporers of rome, called roma in latin. I want to lead the 1st punic war against carthage in modern-day tunisia, called north africa, at that time. i used to be obsessed with the middle and dark ages like the time of william the conquerer, and the siege of acre, which was a seige in 2nd crusade...the whole 1,000-lasting series of war between byzantine empire (aka, western empire, originally achea, asia minor, and macedon, now being turkey, greece, and macedonia, with capitol, byzantium, aka, constantinople, founded by constantine the great), eastern empire (originally where the legends, roma and romulus allegedly founded rome, being roman kingdom, then turning into roman republic with sulla, then julius ceasar as dictator, senate, proconsul, propraetor, then consuls, and later, roman empire, then eastern & western empire.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:13 pm
consider me ur 2nd in command sire smile  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

shirofoxes
Captain

Business Gekko

3,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:18 pm
Hello there! Welcome to History Huggers!

Speaking of Ancient Rome...here's a random fact (which you may know but I feel like telling anyway razz )
The Roman historians used a system to date special events called ab urbe condita, meaning 'from the founding of the city'. I think A.D. 1 was 709 years ab urbe condita.
*end randomness*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:46 pm
i resaearch religion  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Yukimura D Sanada

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:53 am
User Imagesome days, some nights some live, some die in the way of the samuraiUser Image

i study religions and overall actions of mankind throughout history. i love all of history up untill the revolutionary war .. i hate american history :p tho i dont mind the civil war and stories about the western frontier.
and i do love some of the more sadistic parts of world war 2 such as the works of dr. mengele im fasinated by it and still in awe and wonderment about the thing he discovered that we still have yet to find ( due to him successfully escaping and destroying most evidence of his research)
my main interest in history is mythologys and ancient religions of world cultures and their ties into the paranormal :] if you dont understand that it pretty much means i beleive we werent created by a big bag or evolution but rather we were put here by alien life forms ... might just be my paranoia and will to beleive but i see proof of aliens and other unexplainable thing throughout history

User Imagesome fight, some bleed sun up to sun down the sons of a battlecryUser Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:02 pm
thank u for the welcoming...and sorry i talk a bit too much...oh and even though in the Roleplay im an optio serving under trajan, can i be originally from bylazora, where the greek philosipher, thales was from? and have u heard of opus reticulatum, the wall the later romans used, which consisted of diamond shaped stones against cement...oh and not only do i like learning about ancient rome, mostly about their society, government, mythology, and warfare, but i also like the same things about other ancient civilizations including carthage, if i didnt say about the punic wars on my first post....and here are some of the other civlisations i like learning about:

Knossos, Thebes, Numidia, Gaul, franks, huns, burgundians, alemanni, thrace, marathon, corinth, turks, ottomans, miletus (picture of miletus is in my profile), troy, rhodes, thracia, ostrogoths, phoenicians, parthians, sassinids, sumeria, babylonia, ancient persia (one of their kings being darius the great), Pontus, Assyria, Carthage, Numidia, Roman-republic (having julius ceasar and sulla as propraetor, consul, proconsul, senate, and then dictator) roman empire, byzantine, britons, iceni, visigoths, egypt, macedon, achea, vandals, alicanarsuss, bodrum, olympia, verona, venice, florence, nifa, stabaie, herculaneum, vulci, pompei, dacia, illyricum, timgad, etc.  

roman-optio

roman-optio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:06 pm
if u like learning about the world wars, then u might liek learning about manhatten project by albert einstein and about atomic bombing over japan after pearl harbor. oh and also the aircraft, zeppelin  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:09 pm
oh and i wrote a pretend letter to trajan in latin.  

roman-optio

LightMousy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:38 pm
nice, welcome to the guild, note im here now  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:18 pm
thank u.
[/ smile biggrin smile align]

roman-optio

roman-optio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:19 pm
oops that was my mistake. sorry.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:40 pm
roman-optio
if u like learning about the world wars, then u might liek learning about manhatten project by albert einstein and about atomic bombing over japan after pearl harbor. oh and also the aircraft, zeppelin
User Imagesome days, some nights some live, some die in the way of the samuraiUser Image

most of my interest in world war 2 is in the sadistic medical alchemy performed by nazi scientist such as mengele and the japanese men whose names i cant remeber XD

User Imagesome fight, some bleed sun up to sun down the sons of a battlecryUser Image

Yukimura D Sanada

shirofoxes
Captain

Business Gekko

3,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:17 pm
'Sadistic medical alchemy?" What kind of medical alchemy? What kind of stuff did he do?
You've gone and piqued my curiosity ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:14 pm
mine aswel  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items