Welcome to Gaia! ::

Daft Robots of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Daft Punk, Transformers, Gundam, you name it! It's a guild for robots. 

Tags: Daft Punk, Transformers, Gundam, Techno, even Gir 

Reply .:Fan's Community Room:.
Your first experience with Daft Punk. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:41 pm
Open up your mouth hole and tell us all how you found out about the greatest house musicians on this plain of existance.

My first experience with Daft Punk was quite a while ago. I was in that 7-10 range when every kid loves action cartoons so I was a huge fan of Cartoon Network's after school Toonami block. (Don't lie, at 7 you loved DBZ and Sailor Moon too hehehe.)

Every great once in a while Cartoon Network would air music videos, and one day I was making a sandwich at my great grandma's house, when all of the sudden I looked over at the TV and I saw something amazing. The first music video that had ever caught my interest. It was Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk. The video was the clip from Interstella 5555. For a couple years I didn't see that video again and I didn't even remember the song, but I would hear it every once in a while.

Then a few years back I found Daft Punk. I loved their music and started looking up more and more untill I found that song on the internet. I did some searching and found Interstella 5555. Then I found that video from my first experience. I didn't even know that my favorite band from then was my favorite band now.

TOP THAT!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:52 pm
my first experience was when i was hanging out with friends of semi-important internet people. a friend of mine knew Evil Zug..who created Work it...a combination of River City Ransom with Daft Punk's music. that's really when i caught onto it...

i saw the toonami crap, sure. but i didn't have cable, so i just heard the commercial sample and thought: "i might be growing out of rock"

so after zug, i found around the world. and then i discovered...discovery. bought it at Best Buy...and boy, did i show off that album. i think i was the only person in my school who knew about them...

the only thing i hate more about being the only one knowing about something great is when everybody likes it only after it hits cmmercials and jumps on the bandwagon...after the technologic commercial, everybody at my school liked them and pretended that they were just emerging. i was so pissed that they were being undermined by these tasteless assholes.

<<
>>

yeah, i'm kinda open about this kinda stuff, cause i loves my peeps (you guys)  

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100

Mushywaffles
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:06 am
Owwin

My first experience with Daft Punk was quite a while ago. I was in that 7-10 range when every kid loves action cartoons so I was a huge fan of Cartoon Network's after school Toonami block. (Don't lie, at 7 you loved DBZ and Sailor Moon too hehehe.)

Every great once in a while Cartoon Network would air music videos, and one day I was making a sandwich at my great grandma's house, when all of the sudden I looked over at the TV and I saw something amazing. The first music video that had ever caught my interest. It was Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk. The video was the clip from Interstella 5555. For a couple years I didn't see that video again and I didn't even remember the song, but I would hear it every once in a while.

Minus the part about the sandwich ^^ That is pretty much how it when for me XD I then pretty much forgot about them and I didn't even know they were called Daft Punk..i just liked that song.

It wasn't until later, I think it was 2003, that I joined Newgrounds.com., I loved that site and ALL of it's user created content...even the s**t XD One day in 2005 a flash was oushed into the spotlight of Frontpage. Daft Punk Collab. I was like...ok, and I watched it. There it was...the song from my past that left a mark so unforgettable i remembered my feelings while hearing the song for the first time. The flash was pretty funny too ^^ (I heart Danielsun) After that I was like...."oh that's DAft Punk' And proceeded to get every song that was floating around on the Gnutella Network.

And here I am today.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:33 pm
Erekayu
my first experience was when i was hanging out with friends of semi-important internet people. a friend of mine knew Evil Zug..who created Work it...a combination of River City Ransom with Daft Punk's music. that's really when i caught onto it...

i saw the toonami crap, sure. but i didn't have cable, so i just heard the commercial sample and thought: "i might be growing out of rock"

so after zug, i found around the world. and then i discovered...discovery. bought it at Best Buy...and boy, did i show off that album. i think i was the only person in my school who knew about them...

the only thing i hate more about being the only one knowing about something great is when everybody likes it only after it hits cmmercials and jumps on the bandwagon...after the technologic commercial, everybody at my school liked them and pretended that they were just emerging. i was so pissed that they were being undermined by these tasteless assholes.

<<
>>

You know Zug? THAT is how I rediscovered Daft Punk. His video. I freaking love that video. Him putting that video on loop was the best thing on the internet ever.

I try not to get mad at people who like something after it goes more mainstream in an area. There are those who like it because it is popular, but the music is popular because it is good, so people are bound to like it when mass media gets ahold of it. Plus the more people who like Daft Punk, the more people buy their albums. That means more money, and more motivation for them to do more albums.

Don't think of them as tasteless assholes. Think of them as pawns, and the more there are the more music Daft Punk gets to make. The best part is as a mighty back piece you don't have to talk to the pawns.  

Owwin

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:30 pm
Owwin
Erekayu

<<
>>

You know Zug? THAT is how I rediscovered Daft Punk. His video. I freaking love that video. Him putting that video on loop was the best thing on the internet ever.

I try not to get mad at people who like something after it goes more mainstream in an area. There are those who like it because it is popular, but the music is popular because it is good, so people are bound to like it when mass media gets ahold of it. Plus the more people who like Daft Punk, the more people buy their albums. That means more money, and more motivation for them to do more albums.

Don't think of them as tasteless assholes. Think of them as pawns, and the more there are the more music Daft Punk gets to make. The best part is as a mighty back piece you don't have to talk to the pawns.

Knew Zug. kinda lost touch with him after summer break.

he was a bit too perverted for me, i think he misses the 80's.

and why it pisses me off is because when it goes mainstrem, about 80% of the listeners who only got hooked by mainstream don't bother finding the other songs or think the other songs by the artist are lame, and ergo, drop it....

which is--hey!--what happened in my school. thats why i call them tasteless assholes, cause the treated it like a fad.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:58 am
Mines plain and simple.

My older brother just downloaded the music.  

Dannyxcores

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:19 pm
dannyxcorekid
Mines plain and simple.

My older brother just downloaded the music.

crying
your perilous journey of how you came to know them made my chest wound weep.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:39 pm
My first experience was when One More Time first came out in 2000, they played it on Kiss FM and I have loved it ever sense. (I never heard it on the radio after that)

I played that song in my head at least once a week and found out who played it in 8th grade when I met a guy on msn checkers whom I became close friends with. One day he sent me the song Face to Face, and, being an awsome song, I demanded to know who it came from. He told me it was DAFT PUNK and then sent me One More Time. I went insane and had him send me all the songs he had. I did searches on them and looked for them in stores, but being more of an underground band ,couldn't find anything. But I've always loved them and I always will!

You know what, I honestly thought I was the only one in California who knew who they wre, everybody I asked looked at me like I was insane.  

Angel Cutter

Charwells

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:15 am
My first experience was with One More Time as well. but I believe that it was with the original maker. I am not sure, but anyways. Ever since I heard the song, I had been looking for it everywhere. Finally, I cam upon Daft Punk's "One More Time". I gave it a listen...and orgasmed...It was amazing.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:46 am
I love these stories. They have all everyhing a story needs. A beginning a middle and an end. Awesome. xd

Seriously though. Most of these have a common theme of finding them, losing them and then finding them again. It crazy how after one appearance Daft Punk will disappear from people's lives for a while. They are such teases.  

Owwin

Charwells

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:10 pm
I know right?
But whats humorous was that at the same time I was absolutely in love with Busta Ryhmes "Touch it"...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:58 pm
Okie.

Well I discovered Daft Punk like this:

I had a friend named Anthony last year. He was like the awesomest guy I have ever known. He always talked about Electronica/Video games that kind of thing. Then one day, I told him I adored anime. And he was like:

"Oh, well. The most amazing animated film I have ever watched was Interstella 5555"

At the time I was like Okay, I will watch it. So then I watched it last summer. And then forgot about it for a bit. But when I watched it again, I was like HOMG, MUST BUY ALBUM.

So I went all ::Mustdownloadeverythingfromthem:: And came across the Daft Hands video on Youtube.

Yeah. Tisnt that amazing, But I have loved them ever since. ^^;  

Empress Raven Vulcana

Angel Cutter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:52 pm
Owwin

Seriously though. Most of these have a common theme of finding them, losing them and then finding them again. It crazy how after one appearance Daft Punk will disappear from people's lives for a while. They are such teases.

It only makes us want them all the more *lust*  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:31 pm
First expericance was me hearing HBFS. It was played through a flash called Daft Punk Collab, on Newgrounds.com Maybe some of you have seen it. Really great, that's basically what got me started.  

penguinmasterofdoom

X3LA

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:13 am
My first experience with DP was a LOOONG time ago, back when Yu Yu Hakusho was on Cartoon Network at night.

Anyway I think I was like 6 or something and I saw the video for One More Time on Toonami. A few years later I was on a quest to find the song because I had forgotten about it. Then when I finally found it I fell in love with it! I still was into Alternative music and stuff at the time though. Then after seeing all of Interstella 5555 I became a near full Daft Punk Fan...

And thats meh today mrgreen !  
.:Fan's Community Room:.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces