Welcome to Gaia! ::

History Huggers

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who do want to live in the past! 

Tags: history, historical 

Reply Main Forum
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shirofoxes
Captain

Business Gekko

3,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:47 pm
Welcome, one and all, to History Huggers! I thought we should all have a chance to let people get to know us a bit better! You can use the list I have below, or make up your own.

A Little About Me

Nickname(what you would like to be called): Shiro

Favorite era of history: Middle Ages/Dark Ages
Favorite Historical Figure: Ooh, it's a close one between King Arthur and Alexander the Great.
Ideal RP character: a traveling minstrel or a Druid.

Favorite color: purple
Favorite food: milk chocolate ^_^
Favorite book: Hmm...at the moment I'd have to say the Vampire Chronicles
Favorite movie: The Lion King. Don't you dare laugh. *looks menacing*  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:56 pm
Nickname:syn

Favorite era of history: 3rd crusade era
Favorite Historical Figure: 2 many
Ideal RP character: a wandering swordsman/sage

Favorite color: black
Favorite food: don't have 1
Favorite book: mostly satire
Favorite movie: starwars trilogy,300  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Jake Evermore
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:24 am
Nickname: Lance

Favorite era of history: Civil War,WW II
Favorite Historical Figure: King Arther
Ideal RP character: Ranger or Mage

Favorite color: Green
Favorite food: Shrimp
Favorite book: Dragon Lance
Favorite movie: Gettysburg  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:21 am
Nickname(what you would like to be called): You can call me Josephine or Jo. Whichever you prefer!

Favorite era of history: I love pretty much anything ancient, but Mesopatamia and Egypt are my favorites. If I have to pick a specific time, I'd say the Golden Age of Piracy (Late 1600s to early 1700s). The Victorian Era is great too. Ultimatly, I love to study many different eras. It all just depends on my mood.

Favorite Historical Figure: King Tutankhamen is at the top of the list. When I was really little, I had a book about when his tomb was found by Howard Carter and it fascinated me. That was my first real interest in History. I also have a lot of pirates that I like: Sir Francis Drake, Anne Bonny, Henry Morgan, Blackbeard... 3nodding

Ideal RP character: Ooh, I don't know. Probably a Caribbean Pirate of some sort. I can probably adapt to any role play.

Favorite color: Red, Black, Green, and Blue.
Favorite food: Any kind of bread.
Favorite book: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Twilight. I also really like manga.
Favorite movie: Pirates of the Caribbean, The Terminator, and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

Josephine Falnor

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

radio paste
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:54 am
A Little About Me

Nickname(what you would like to be called): Radio

Favorite era of history: Soviet History and The Cold War ;D
Favorite Historical Figure: Charles Darwin. Some people have told me he shouldn't count as a historical figure, but he completely shocked a Western world that accepted the Bible's explanation of the origins of man. I think he pretty much set the ball rolling on what has been a continued secularization of the world. Pretty drastic change in thought patterns, I think it's as much a part of history as it is of science. Meh. XD If he doesn't count, then Karl Marx. I love me some communism.
Ideal RP character: Any sort of revolutionary soldier or a civilian in the midst of a revolution. Or civilians doing what they can to avoid detection and persecution for illegal activities under an oppressive Iron Curtain. Or a soldier in a battle, since it seems like most of the people in this guild prefer Middle Age or ancient history. x3

Favorite color: Orange surprised
Favorite food: Buffalo chicken XD
Favorite book: Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (GO READ IT!)
Favorite movie: 28 Days Later. XD Any good zombie movie. o.o;

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hey, hey~ cool
I am the one and only EtsukoNino but you can call me Etsuko, Etsu, Nino, EN, or Eskimo.
My favorite era in history...? As lame as it sounds, I'm actually very fond of US History in general. I am sick and tired of learning about the Declaration of Independence though. If you wanna keep me interested, let's talk wars and disaster, reguardless when and where.
I do not have a favorite historical figure, though I am fond of that man on the hundred...
My ideal role play character is someone different <3 My normal role playing characters are emotional and spiteful.
Despite the color of the fonts, my favorite color is orange! Why? The way I see it, no one really likes or cares for the orange crayon. But when you open the box there's this beautiful point that looks at you like >D.
I can get fat and die happy eating korean food and ice cream. I really, really hate sodas and candy.
My favorite book is my Snapple Book of Real Facts.
Classic Disney! movies never get old! A Bridge Too Far and Band of Brothers was great too <3
My US History teacher this year is a lewzur.
I am a GEMiiNii and a ram.
I'm a frickin` band geek-- I even wear that dorky marching band uniform. Laugh and I'll shove my flute down your throat.

machiaveski

WeHappyFew

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:06 pm
A Little About Me

Nickname(what you would like to be called): I don't really have one

Favorite era of history: Anything really ancient, like the golden age of greece, rome, mesopotamia, spain, egypt and china.
Favorite Historical Figure: I don't knwo if he counts, but i LOVE jules verne, and if he doesn't count I also love people that thought out of their time frame, like Socrates and jules verne
Ideal RP character: anything really that doesn't have any violence, and i get to travel?
Favorite color: blue
Favorite food: Spinach canaloni
Favorite book: The mysterious island by jules verne
Favorite movie razz irates of the caribbean2 and 3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:37 pm
Nickname: Mightyenapup or MP is fine. ^_^

Favorite era of history: Ancient Egypt. Though, apparently I have a mutual attraction to the 17 and 1800s, as several of my dreams seem to take place then...
Favorite Historical Figure: Hmm... Hard one, there... I'll get back to you on that.
Ideal RP character: ME! >D

Favorite color: Blood red.
Favorite food: Mashed potatoes. <3
Favorite book: White Fang, Sabriel, and Dragon's Winter. And of course, I Am America (And So Can You!). TRUTHINESS FTW!
Favorite movie: Not sure... I have very many that I like. One of my favorites is National Treasure! <3 *prods history*  

Mightyenapup

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Doctor_Orc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:44 pm
Nickname(what you would like to be called): Doctor Orc, or Dr. Orc, or just Orc (DOrc is funny, but it gets old really fast)
Favorite era of history: Every era has a special feel to it. A “je ne saie qui” that makes it special. But medieval times were interesting, all over the world, but to be really specific, I would go with The Great Age of Discovery.
Favorite Historical Figure: This is a bit unfair, to place a lot of people of different walks of life in a single bag and then choose one. Viriato is a great one. But to choose one, a complete man, I would have to go with either Fernão Mendes Pinto or Infante Dom Henrique.
Ideal RP character: normally a tank. Someone take speaks his mind, gets into a lot of trouble but’s whiling and able to pay the price.
Favorite color: Blue!
Favorite food: I created my favorite dishes by taking ideas from other dishes. There’s a dish I make with by stir frying spaghetti in olive oil with some vegetables (mainly mushrooms, pimentos, onion, garlic and some chili peppers) tomato sauce and some sliced chorizo. Or to be fancy, some thinly sliced pork fillet stir fried in olive oil with Timorence sauce, adding in the end some champignon and cream; accompanied with French fries.
Favorite book: “The Count of Monte Cristo”, “Les Miserable” and a lot of reference books on history and history of religions. I also love Myths, legends and folktales.
Favorite movie: Rocky Balboa, Ben Hur  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:58 pm
Nickname: Karenie (nobody uses it, period)

Favorite era of history: WWs I & II/ Ancient Egypt
Favorite Historical Figure: Queen Elizabeth I of England
Ideal RP character: Ruler of some random country

Favorite color: blue
Favorite food: almost any kind of fruit
Favorite book: Harry Potter series(only time where I buy the whole set)
Favorite movie: Sound of Music <3 Julie Andrews' voice  

toolate88

8,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Yukimura D Sanada

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:46 am
User Imagesome days, some nights some live, some die in the way of the samuraiUser Image

Nickname(what you would like to be called): Yuki or yukimura

Favorite era of history: sengoku period (japan)
Favorite Historical Figure: *points to username* obviouslty yukimura sanada and a close second for uesugi kenshin and third for his rival and yukimuras leader takeda shingen.
and i cant forget the devil king who terrorized them all oda nobunaga :]
Ideal RP character:God level 5 :] haha yeah umm i dont RP much so you dont have to worry about me godmodding hah but most of the time ill play the role of a god

Favorite color: purple,green,teal
Favorite food: chinese food or anything healthy for you 3nodding
Favorite book:samurai deeper kyo(manga) book book= a clockwork orange
Favorite movie: current love= zatoichi: the blind swordsman

User Imagesome fight, some bleed sun up to sun down the sons of a battlecryUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:45 pm
Greetings and Salutations!

Nickname(what you would like to be called): Kia

Favorite era of history: I find it all interesting, but especially the history of the Oregon Territory. Linguistics, anyone?! I also enjoy Art history and Antiques. Egypt is cool.. so is Scottland.

Favorite Historical Figure: Ben Franklin
Ideal RP character: I'm not much of a RPer, but a witch/healer/wisewoman sort of thing would work for me.

Favorite color: purple
Favorite food: ice cream
Favorite book: I couldn't choose.. but I'm reading "A Cartoon History of the United States" by Larry Gonick, and enjoying it very much.
Favorite movie: Still couldn't choose... The last movie I saw was "The Pirates of Silicon Valley", which was a very interesting documentary about the early history of the personal computer and the Apple / Microsoft rivalry. I highly recommend it.  

KiaKitty

3,650 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Gaian 0

Vampire-x-Goddess

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:20 pm
Nickname(what you would like to be called): Shay

Favorite era of history: Roman Empire or before; anything ancient
Favorite Historical Figure: Cleopatra (she's my number one fave) but is followed by Hephaestion (Alexander the Great's general/closest friend/possible (probable) lover
Ideal RP character: Either a sorceress (think Dark Ages/King Arthur stuff) or an Ancient Egyptian noble.

Favorite color: Blue
Favorite food: cheese
Favorite book: How about a series? The Vampire Chronicles.
Favorite movie: Interview with the Vampire or Pirates of the Caribbean  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:16 pm
Salutations!

Nickname: Soleil or Eternity, either works.
Favorite era of history: The Victorian Era probably, but pretty much I just love the history of Europe. It's so fascinating. I tend to be more interested in specific events in History, though, as opposed to eras.
Favorite Historical Figure: You've got to be kidding, I can't choose.
Ideal RP character: Some sort of mage or witch. I'm into the magic thing.

Favorite color: Green
Favorite food: Umm... Would you laugh if I said tofu?
Favorite book: Currently... Good Omens. Excellent book. ^_^
Favorite movie: I don't know... I don't want movies much. Surf's Up probably, because it's the one I've seen most recently.

WhisperingEternity

Aged Bibliophile

14,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Qwenloswen

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:23 pm
Nickname: Qwen

Favorite eras of history: There are a whole bunch...pre-history, Egyptian, Greek/Roman, Middle Ages, Crusades, Renaissance, Napoleonic Wars, American 1920s Prohibition, WWII, Cold War, etc.
Favorite Historical Figure: If you thought the eras list was bad you don't want to see this one.
Ideal RP character: An adventurous female that manages to avoid the rules of decorum and can preferably handle herself in a fight.

Favorite color: Jewel tones, cool colours, silver and black.
Favorite food: Chinese and sushi
Favorite book: Mostly myths and dystopian novels...history-wise Temeraire (historical fantasy I know but still somewhat history) and Earth's Children. There are tons more but that list would be even worse than the eras and figures ones; I read too much. (Also a nod to Eternity on her book choice, it's hilarious.)
Favorite movie: V for Vendetta, Stargate, Lord of the Rings...suffice to say a whole bunch

Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff