Marth
Meta Knight
Mr. Game & Watch
Ness
Princess Peach
Pikachu
Pikmin & Olimar
Pit
Pokémon Trainer (Squirtle, Charizard, Ivysaur)
R.O.B.
Samus Aran (Zero-Suit)
Solid Snake
Sonic the Hedgehog
Toon Link
Wario
Wolf O'Donnell
Yoshi
Zelda (Sheik)

Well, that's the final roster. Not bad, in my opinion.
If possible, what characters would you have liked to see in Brawl alongside these?

I know I can't be the only one who wanted to see KOS-MOS in Brawl. I mean, c'mon- Nintendo pretty much owns Monolith Soft now.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:14 pm
It's not a bad roster, but I'd have liked to see more original stuff and no more freaking clones!!! (Seriously, Toon Link?)  

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150

Mana Spirit Luna

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:28 pm
I wanted KOS-MOS in brawl so bad. she would have been a perfect playable character.

i'm actually very dissappointed with the whole rosters.

35 chaarcters? there should ahve been much more for a game 6 years in the making.

the return of clones only shrinks the roster even more.

some character just dont deserve to be in, R.O.B? Toon Link? are you kidding me?

over all, the roster is a huge disappointment, and you'll notice with the reviews coming in that this game is scoring very very low.

i think its safe to say this game was a little overrated  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:40 pm
Actually, Famitsu (the most respected Japanese gaming magazine) gave Brawl a perfect 40/40.

I really dislike the return of clones as well. Toon Link (despite having a bad-a** name) is just another Link clone, an artistically-different Young Link.

I don't really care about R.O.B. much, since he's at least original. But a second Fox clone is pretty lame.  

Tremere Lich

pajama monkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:22 pm
Mana Spirit Luna
I wanted KOS-MOS in brawl so bad. she would have been a perfect playable character.

i'm actually very dissappointed with the whole rosters.

35 chaarcters? there should ahve been much more for a game 6 years in the making.

the return of clones only shrinks the roster even more.

some character just dont deserve to be in, R.O.B? Toon Link? are you kidding me?

over all, the roster is a huge disappointment, and you'll notice with the reviews coming in that this game is scoring very very low.

i think its safe to say this game was a little overrated

i'm pretty sure the game took less then three years.....
i read that somewhere........

and they should've given toon link his own moves, such as the wind waker or deku leaf
and there's not one, but two fox clones in the game
i thought he said there'd be no clones??
some characters are similar, but not a clone (like ness and lucas)

other than that, good roster
i think we could've done without rob though xD

and one of the main factors of this disappointing many people is that he announced pretty much all the newcomers first
if he hadn't done that, i'd doubt people would've been as disappointed

and i do think the game will live up to the hype due to multiplayer and such 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:45 pm
Well, when the game comes out in America the online play will increase. I was happy to hear about Ness today. Also where did you find this roster?
And who is KOS-MOS? I always go to smashbros.com for my info and he said that he will slowly show who will be in brawl and how to unlock them. However, you managed to get the entire roster at once? And i too was disappointed to hear about the clones but maybe they willl have different chacteristics of fighting like fox and falco, or ganondorf and falcon. I do think it'll be funny to play as toon link though. And i can't even imagine what moves R.O.B will have have you read that yet? sorry this post is so long but ive got alot of questions.  

cmdood

Dedicated Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Tremere Lich

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:44 am
cmdood
Well, when the game comes out in America the online play will increase. I was happy to hear about Ness today. Also where did you find this roster?
And who is KOS-MOS? I always go to smashbros.com for my info and he said that he will slowly show who will be in brawl and how to unlock them. However, you managed to get the entire roster at once? And i too was disappointed to hear about the clones but maybe they willl have different chacteristics of fighting like fox and falco, or ganondorf and falcon. I do think it'll be funny to play as toon link though. And i can't even imagine what moves R.O.B will have have you read that yet? sorry this post is so long but ive got alot of questions.

I got the entire roster from videos of the game on Youtube. Since it was released in Japan, the 'tube has been covered in videos of gameplay (and unfortunately, SSE spoilers).

R.O.B.'s Special Moves:
Neutral B: Laser Shot from eyes. I think it charges over time like Wario's fart attack.
Up B: He turns on his thrusters for recovery. He can do A air attacks while doing it, too!
Side B: His arms start to spin and he hops sideways, much like Ice Climbers but while lifting off the ground a little.
Down B: A little disc launcher pops out of his base and shoots a disc.
Final Smash: He starts shooting this sort of beam out of his eyes, but it doesn't reach very far. Like a very strong version of the Superspicy Curry.

KOS-MOS is a female android (gynoid), from the game Xenosaga. Last year in May, Nintendo bought the company that developed Xenosaga which made her a first-party character. She would've been a flexible character to create in Brawl, since she changes her weapon with her fighting mode (scythe, gun, rockets, etc).
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:58 am
oooooooooooh thanks  

cmdood

Dedicated Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Joey-X

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:25 pm
Overall the roster is actually pretty well developed. But with the circumstances with the subspace emmisary 35...er 39 (counting transformations) characters it would be harder to effectively put too many characters in which the different rules of each game universe clash. Like pokemon it clashes with every story because pokemon are suppose to be everywhere. Also things like kirby and zelda and even fox. They cant make things too diverse or else people will notice holes in the adventure like what is fox doing on a planet without his team (including slippy,krystal, and peppy), or where is the mushroom kingdom versus Hyrule, and is this fictional world in the laylat system where fox is suppose to be in or wherever samus is suppose to be. There are just too many rules to follow and thats why you have to have charracters that have similar universal rules.
(oh and heres one for the road remember for anyone whos played pikmin olimar is suppose to be an inch tall and yet hes about 3 ft tall.)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:54 am
Geno would've had so much potential *sigh*  

Sito Sama

NkGuy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:17 pm
fox, wolf, and falco aren't really clones... I'm mean they are much different then eachother... falco now throws his shield.. wolf's laser and up-b are different from falco's and fox's... ganandorf.. has a new up-b but don't know about his other moves... ness and lucas are mainly different... but still the characters above can still be considered clones  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Yeah, I started watching more of the fights online and Wolf seems a lot more different than I initially thought. But I still have a vendetta against Falco (loving the spinning wing A attack, though).
For Ness and Lucas: I don't see enough of a change. Lucas is almost exactly the same, just the upsmash and downsmash different, with the special B moves having minor alterations (like Link and Toon). Since they are supposed to just be reincarnations of past versions (Ninten-Ness-Lucas and Link-Link-Link-Toon, etc), I don't think they should both rep it in Brawl.

I complain too much.  

Tremere Lich

Tigerzero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:03 am
The creator of brawl is a douche, he ruined the one game I ever waited for and wanted. Checking updates after updates, smash boards, waiting... and waiting. The only character I ever wanted to be in brawl was Mewtwo. I'm torn by the fact that they added R.O.B. a ******** robot who isnt even a ******** character, just some crappy accesory for a crappy game. He made more clones again, 2 clones of Fox, made Ganondorf a clone AGAIN, Falco is a clone again, Jigglypuff? What a joke. Then there is Lucario, the only reason he is so popular was because of that awful movie that all the kids just loved because Lucario was such a "badass" and so cool with the two ball sacks hanging off the back of his head. It proves how being popular will always rule. Mewtwo, in his movies was the powerful misunderstood outcast, and in Melee he was an outcast there too, " the crappy character, bottom tier, waste of time pokemon." But like Taj has proven that tier is complete bullshit. Its so much more to me then it is to other. I understand how much you wanted this one character, Sonic, Geno, Lucario, Ridly, Baby bowser. Well half the people got what they wanted, the other half hasnt. Why? Who knows. Anyway, there is my rant.

R.I.P. Mewtwo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:53 pm
Tigerzero
The creator of brawl is a douche, he ruined the one game I ever waited for and wanted. Checking updates after updates, smash boards, waiting... and waiting. The only character I ever wanted to be in brawl was Mewtwo. I'm torn by the fact that they added R.O.B. a ******** robot who isnt even a ******** character, just some crappy accesory for a crappy game. He made more clones again, 2 clones of Fox, made Ganondorf a clone AGAIN, Falco is a clone again, Jigglypuff? What a joke. Then there is Lucario, the only reason he is so popular was because of that awful movie that all the kids just loved because Lucario was such a "badass" and so cool with the two ball sacks hanging off the back of his head. It proves how being popular will always rule. Mewtwo, in his movies was the powerful misunderstood outcast, and in Melee he was an outcast there too, " the crappy character, bottom tier, waste of time pokemon." But like Taj has proven that tier is complete bullshit. Its so much more to me then it is to other. I understand how much you wanted this one character, Sonic, Geno, Lucario, Ridly, Baby bowser. Well half the people got what they wanted, the other half hasnt. Why? Who knows. Anyway, there is my rant.

R.I.P. Mewtwo

I hardly ever see Taj do good unless he's being Marth or he's fighting another low-tier main, like Gimpyfish.

Personally, I think Lucario looks cool. His headband-thing doesn't look anything like testicles, in my opinion. I don't see any legitimacy in your movie argument, though- Mewtwo only made it into the game because he was in a movie, the exact reason you say doesn't make Lucario worth it. And unlike Mewtwo, Lucario is the mascot of a whole Pokemon generation.  

Tremere Lich

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:17 pm
Tigerzero

R.I.P. Mewtwo

Be happy there is a Brawl. We almost didn't get one. I'm sure that since you're gonna be a baby about this (and that this is the internet, and my opinion doesn't matter), you won't care.

But deal with it. This happens to games ALL THE TIME. This game was created in HIS vision. Not yours. No one elses but his. You don't like; fine. Don't play. But don't call him a douche for making a game he wanted.

At least you're not complaining about wavedashing being out. stare  
Super Smash Bros. Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces