Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Soulmates Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KathelaChain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:51 pm
DO YOU THINK YOU FOUND YOURS ???

DO YOU BELIEVE IN SOULMATES ???  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:58 pm
I don't think I do believe in soulmates. Destiny can change, and so can love. People can fall in love several times in their lives until they find the one they love the most, but the one they love the most isn't neccessarily their soulmate.  

Tari_Leralonde

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:18 pm
Who says soulmates have to be someone you're in love with? It could be an extremely close friend, someone that you get along with even if you don't necissarily have anything in common with them. I think that a soulmate is someone that has a similar soul to yours and resenates with your own. My friend Karolyn I believe is my souldmate.

Now, in terms of "the one" soulmate, as in the person you fall in love with, I don't believe in them. If we are SERIOUSLY supposed to meet our soulmate, then they can't exist. I say this because in past live we have different lovers and they arn't usually the same soul/reincarnated person. I believe that there are one or two people in the world that everyone can every TRUELY be happy with. I think I've found my love for this lifetime.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:25 pm
i think i have found mine. my boyfriend paul. when we met, it was like we allready knew one another.
heart
now 1year and 7months later, we are still best friends and in love.  

The gypsy Queen

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:26 pm
eh... love is our hormones acting up. (and dont yell at me for saying that because i'm just stating a fact) soulmates, i dont quite believe in  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:29 pm
That's not really a fact, it's an opinion. (Which is fine).

But is it still our hormones acting up when we love a family member or a friend?  

dark_angel_32189

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:56 pm
that's a different kind of love than what i meant. and it's an emotional bond, and emotions are caused by reactions in the brain caused by hormones and such. sorry, i tend to go the science route on these kinds of discussions...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:58 pm
for me its weird i do but i dont believe in them lol... anyhooo i say sign me up for one... (yes I'm in a strange mood)  

HiddenBeliefs

KathelaChain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:23 pm
Dragoness Arleeana
Who says soulmates have to be someone you're in love with? It could be an extremely close friend, someone that you get along with even if you don't necissarily have anything in common with them. I think that a soulmate is someone that has a similar soul to yours and resenates with your own. My friend Karolyn I believe is my souldmate.

Now, in terms of "the one" soulmate, as in the person you fall in love with, I don't believe in them. If we are SERIOUSLY supposed to meet our soulmate, then they can't exist. I say this because in past live we have different lovers and they arn't usually the same soul/reincarnated person. I believe that there are one or two people in the world that everyone can every TRUELY be happy with. I think I've found my love for this lifetime.

i agree
it can be a dog your mom  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:51 pm
KathelaChain
Dragoness Arleeana

i agree
it can be a dog your mom

I read a theory somewhere that a soulmate can come in many different forms from a lover to your best friend and you may have more than one in your life time.  

HiddenBeliefs

Aiume234

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:04 pm
I believe in soulmates
I believe in love
I thought I had found mine
Then disaster struck
but we can't get each other out of our minds
I'm confused and hurt

But, nonetheless, i believe in both  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:54 am
I believe in soul groups. Which is basically a group of souls you travel with, constantly meeting in your lives.
So... I don't know.
I believe you can meet someone for a past life, and fall in love (or in love again)... It's not entirely impossible.

But do I believe that you're fated to truly only love one soul, and anyone else you love is just a lie (or worse, cheating on them)? I don't know.  

PhoenixMoonStar

Demetrius Plateau

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:14 pm
I think it's all a matter of opinion on the subject. Much like religious beliefs & what you choose to do with your life professionally speaking, depending on what, who, & how you do things can lead to whether or not you have a soul mate. Soul mates(my opinion) can be either an image that we create thinking it's someone we're supposed to be having children with, or just someone we get along with; varying from our scope on the matter. Each person is different, so why should the same rules of the matter apply in the same way? When a soul mate could be a spouse to one person, it could be imaginary to another. So we can either limit ourselves to not having one due to giving up or just flat out not wanting to believe, or we can search with a scope as wide or as narrow as we wish it, & hope to find what we ourselves as people would call a "soul mate." But who says it has to be a single soul? What's say to two or three soul mates that as a "set" complete the others along with themselves?

But if we're on the topic of multiple "soul mates," is there anything wrong with treating them different from each other or the as close to the exact same as we possibly can?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:46 pm
I peronally believe that there is one person who is absolutely meant for you in this world. But, I also think that many people marry the wrong person. It is very hard to find the person you are meant to be with... and how do you even know who that person is???  

Devil_Heart_Cry

x-Akki-Hime-x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:38 pm
I do believe in soulmates, but I don't necessarily believe that your soulmate is your "true love." There are so many people in the world, each to be loved for their own different qualities - each to be respected, how could you specify one as your "true love" when there are so many out there that you have yet to meet that you may, or may not, love more then the other person?

I do believe that the soulmate is a guide - a guardian... And I do believe in true love, I just don't think they're necessarily the same thing.

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games