Welcome to Gaia! ::

History Huggers

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who do want to live in the past! 

Tags: history, historical 

Reply Main Forum
New Empire to fall? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the US increase it's global power?
  yes!
  maybe...a little?
  No way! Focus on the homefront!
View Results

Rosmarin

Virtuous Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:27 am
Though there were other threads this would have fit into I didn't want to shift off their disscusions.

In an issues class we started talking about past empires and how they compare today. More so that fact that the US is now striking counties preemptively so sustain and further it's power and lead in the world. But by making itself all "big and bad" [and in some means now a bully] it is bringing itself into negative focus. The great emires of the past fell because of smaller countries joining against them. It is shown that you always try for the strongest contender first. And that is now what the US is trying to be. So~
How long will it take for thte next great war to arrise and this empire to fall?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:00 am
The US needs to take a few steps back, look at itself and choose a new path.
Some of the most mind opening reading I even had were the Tao Te Qing and The Art of War, booth say that America is on the wrong path (or the right path to destruction).
If the US want to be the major political force they were, the “Cops of the World” they need to embody all the virtues they order the others to uphold. A few months back, a US organization published a document in which it presented some countries that violated human rights and had police forces that used too much force. Some countries shrugged at it and said “If that paper was from the EU we might give it a though, but from America? What moral do you have to say that?” Of course China and other “colleges” of the US were no were to be seen in the paper.
Wars are no longer for land, but for resources. US has little resources as it is, so it creates instability in some country so it can take as much as it can without anybody figuring out.
The planet is a closed system, there’s very little things coming in. So for a country economy to go up, some other country must go down. This explains why Africa will never be at peace. It can’t, or else we all lose.

So yeah, America needs to rethink itself. Times have changed. To be a symbol of piece and concord, it need to be at peace it itself. To be a symbol of prosperity and social equality, well, there’s a lot of work to be done. To be a symbol of freedom… a lot of work.
Examples spread louder than words. If America turn itself into a place of peace and prosperity, with little to no corruption and of clean living, others will follow.  

Doctor_Orc

Alonso Quijana

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:43 pm
I say we had the right idea with the Monroe Doctrine. We protect others that want or need protect to assert ourselves as a dominant world power. As long as they can do it on their own (and there are no human rights violations) we let them alone. I say we don't go butting into other countries when there is no real reason and work on improving our economy.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:30 pm
this is all fine and good, but do you really think that anyone with power is going to sacrifice themselves to start this domino effect from starting. if this government wanted this they would have done it some time ago.  

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

LightMousy
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:30 am
Well, I think it started with the Roosevelt Collary, which established us as an "International Police Power", then Wilson with his Missionary Diplomacy...Which of course instead of passing out bibles, he said that the USA would not recognize any country that was undemocratic or oppressive to it's peoples, but of couse we didnt look at what we were doing.
Back on point, here are some of a few Empires in world history Babylonian, Egyptian, Hebrew, Greek, Roman, Spain, Britain, and now America, we're next on the crosshair list my friends....  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:14 am
we shouldn't even b in iraq it's an invasion because they were communist right stare  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Alonso Quijana

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:06 am
@Mousy: Just because we are next on the list, doesn't mean we are going to completely dissolve away. Britain is still up there on the world power list.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:04 am
gnomeguy1138
@Mousy: Just because we are next on the list, doesn't mean we are going to completely dissolve away. Britain is still up there on the world power list.

Note i didnt nessasarily mean were going to disappear, but we will become a smaller power, if not 2nd world, because of our wonderful neighbors that we built up, they are quickly overtaking us in economy,In my opinion, we shouldnt have to depend on our foreign markets to be a world power when we have so many problems here...  

LightMousy
Crew

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:52 pm
that is the truth  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:06 pm
Very true.  

Alonso Quijana

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:26 pm
don't some countries owe us some money question  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:35 pm
No we actually owed some countries some money, unless you are referring to Iraq when we gave them guns,ammo and training.  

S t a r s h ii p Blue

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:01 pm
yeah  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:21 pm
the future of this country is here with it's people, not out with other nations. the only countries i think still ow money to the US are some countries in south America and Mexico, but the Mexico one is just about paid off, also the debt with china keeps on getting bigger how is it that the US decide to borrow money from a country we deemed to be "undemocratic".  

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:57 pm
ironic  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers