Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply .::The Surreal Sanctuary::.
Rules (PLEASE READ) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:19 am
RULES!
And yes, every guild has them. Please read through all of the rules. Thank you.

[1] Follow the Gaia ToS. There's no doubt about that. And, of course, all of these rules.

[2] Absolutely no foul language whatsoever. No bad words, no excessive 'unpleasant' words. In RPing, maybe a few unpleasant words, but don't say them every sentence. Also, I do understand that in writing - if you are writing a story in the writer's subforum - there may be foul language. That is all fine, as long as you give a little warning.

[3] Please, keep it PG-13. There are people on this site who are not adults. And, if you didn't know, anything above PG-13 is forbidden on Gaia.

[4] No discriminating, no bashing, and definitely NO insulting or making fun of others. Please, be mature and respect other peoples' opinions. Constructive criticism is fine, and so is simply stating that you do not like a book, or something like that. But do not go far with it. Also, if someone is giving you criticism, don't get mad. Just accept it in a mature manner, and take it as a compliment. Whoever criticized you took the time to read through your writing and attempt to help you.

[5] In roleplays, please be literate. Write in complete sentences, and use "" for speaking and try to spell things correctly and use proper grammar. Also, use (()) or [[]] or OOC -- for Out of character chat. If you use "OOC--" be sure to use "BIC--" when you get back into character. Also, NEVER use ** for actions. Of course, I understand that some Gaians may have learned to RP a certain way - the illiterate way. If so, please do check out our RP Tutoring and Help threads. We will help you become a literate RPer. ^_^

[6] In Roleplaying, do NOT godmod, or power-play, or any of the like. If you are not sure what that is, be sure to ask a Crewmember or a fellow member.

[7] In Roleplaying, do NOT kill off any other players without their, and the RP creator's, permissions. Also, be sure to keep the PG-13 rule in mind -- this applies to RPs too. Violence and romance is allowed, but just nothing graphic please.

[8] These rules can be modified, deleted, or added to if I, or the crew, sees fit. Please do not complain about the rules!

[9] Please, could everyone be an active guild member? I do understand that some people may have a life, offline, unlike me...but still, you should make an effort to post and hang out in the guild as often as you can. If you know you are going to be away or busy, please let us know by posting in the Away thread. Don't join an RP unless you know that you can make the commitment.

[10] Make donations to the Guild Mule, TheSurrealSanctuary, NOT the guild!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:47 am
Pssssssst! Otulissa!

no godmoding.

(lol, felt like I should be the one to point this out. Now when I break this rule, you can be like "YOU MADE THAT ONE A RULE!". lol. Keep me in check.)  

Ilik Sarver

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:48 am
Ilik Sarver
Pssssssst! Otulissa!

no godmoding.

(lol, felt like I should be the one to point this out. Now when I break this rule, you can be like "YOU MADE THAT ONE A RULE!". lol. Keep me in check.)
Thank you. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:33 am
Grrr...no foul language...grrrr....

But, I'm possibly the world's worst speller!

I probably have some sort of issue with all of the rules...I'll get over it....I think.... emo  

ShortyGirl45

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:24 pm
EnnaDeLee

I probably have some sort of issue with all of the rules...I'll get over it....I think.... emo
It's okay; I think you'll do fine! Anyways, half of the rules have to do with roleplaying...

By the way, if you want, I can RP tutor you!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:44 pm
Otulissa
EnnaDeLee

It's okay; I think you'll do fine! Anyways, half of the rules have to do with roleplaying...

Hopefully....

Okay, SWEET! I've got a tutor! xd  

ShortyGirl45

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:36 am
EnnaDeLee
Otulissa
EnnaDeLee

Hopefully....

Okay, SWEET! I've got a tutor! xd

Just go to the sticky for tutoring in the RP Subforum... And make a post there! There are lots of tutor offers... in case you don't want me to tutor you. sad

LOL, but anyhow, you should post their. The more the merrier! (and also so if you enter a beginner or intermediate RP, people won't critique you too much)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:41 am
I can deal with those rules easy  

Flairrite

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:49 am
I am glad to hear that!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:54 am
Just wanna say if i act mean sometimes in a rp it's not me it's my characters i'm really in it sometimes and well I just don't want to make some confusion or that someone think that I'm a meanie or something.  

MassViolence

5,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:26 pm
Yes, I know what you mean. I RP villains occasionally (though I prefer heroes, since some people take RPs way too seriously). But, in this guild, if anyone misunderstands, I'll lecture them. wink "You have to understand that our RP characters are NOT us. If we say..."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:29 pm
User Image

EnnaDeLee; I found that from role playing, my grammar and spelling actually improved. You'll do fine. xD

User Image

high tendencies

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:48 am
How about a "Stay Active plzkthnx" rule?

It would rock. =D  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:35 am
Okay, done! Please keep posting this thread to a minimum, so that we can avoid clutter. If you want to 'post' here, just PM me instead.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Dark Lord 003

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:23 pm
it's ok with me all but how i join the rpg???? 3nodding  
.::The Surreal Sanctuary::.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers