Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply .::The Surreal Sanctuary::.
Roleplay Brainstorm Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:34 pm
I know I am one of those people who hates it when I create this immense plotline and story behind a RP, and then create the RP...but then no one wants to join, or people insult it.

Here, is where you can brainstorm ideas for an RP before you put in all that work. Honestly, I think everyone in this guild will be willing to join your RP, but it's nice to get your ideas out there and then have people tell you what they think. ^_^

So, post your ideas/plotlines for RPs, and then after getting some feedback...you should have enough confidence to go into the Roleplay subforum and start the RP!

Of course, you don't have to. If you want your RP to be a surprise...then just go ahead on to the Roleplay Subforum and start the RP~!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:22 pm
Okay, so I've been trying to develop this RP for a while, but never actually got the motivation to put it all to words.

So it begins with the party of adventurers (The roleplayers) sitting in a tavern, in which my OC lays out a map. On this map is the location of a nearby abandoned elf city. Obviously, said Elf city is supposed to have massive treasures, and awesome mystical loot to be had. (I.E. Start of RP.)

In which case they enter the city. I'm debating they enter via sewage, as the front gates are obviously unuseable...(This is where I want some help, do I have this planned, or what?)

Obviously, on the outskirts of the city, nearest the outside walls, doesn't have too much in phat lewt, so they go in farther, and then trouble starts. Raw magical sewage and stuff that's been laying about for generations attracts all sorts of nasties, obviously.

And that's the extent of my planning. Suggestions?  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

The Phantom Magician

Dapper Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:46 pm
Hmm. It could use a bit of thought, but I rather like it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:54 pm
I agree with The Phantom Magician. The plot sounds cool, and I would join it. But, you should brainstorm a bit more. biggrin Maybe, you could try to type a longer storyline as an 'intro' and when you start the RP, put that storyline in the first post.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:42 pm
Woot. It is better than I expected surprised I was going to open the sotry up with how the city fell, and how my OC managed to get a hold of such a location. Reminds me a little of the start of Icewind Dale, how we're all drinking about plans of adventure xp  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:44 pm
Okay, good! And you can make a thread for your roleplay in the Roleplay Realm, and you may take your time. Just put something in the title to indicate that it's under construction.

biggrin

I think you're good to go
!

If you ever get stuck, just post again here.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:40 am
Right now I am working on a RP about a Clash of Dimensions. It's under construction, but you can go read what I have so far if you like. I have the basic storyline down, and right now I am writing down the various dimensions.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:48 am
Eikre_Vrael_DarNell
Okay, so I've been trying to develop this RP for a while, but never actually got the motivation to put it all to words.

So it begins with the party of adventurers (The roleplayers) sitting in a tavern, in which my OC lays out a map. On this map is the location of a nearby abandoned elf city. Obviously, said Elf city is supposed to have massive treasures, and awesome mystical loot to be had. (I.E. Start of RP.)

In which case they enter the city. I'm debating they enter via sewage, as the front gates are obviously unuseable...(This is where I want some help, do I have this planned, or what?)

Obviously, on the outskirts of the city, nearest the outside walls, doesn't have too much in phat lewt, so they go in farther, and then trouble starts. Raw magical sewage and stuff that's been laying about for generations attracts all sorts of nasties, obviously.

And that's the extent of my planning. Suggestions?

Oh, I would joinn :]
I dunno, I kinda like it when the plot is done as you go, but I've had very little success with that because everyone kinda stalls, and doesn't want to move forward... So I suppose structure is good. Like maybe every so often you can say something that happens in OOC or as a NPC. Like monsters and stuff :]]
Cause like, if they find the treasure, and what to do with it, is really up to the characters.

Hope that helped!

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

The Phantom Magician

Dapper Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:11 pm
I'd like to make a note that my roleplay is open too. :]  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:21 pm
Oh, and my RP is open too! Sorry if that seemed random...xD I actually might make my RP into a "major" one, and create a subforum for it...but first of all, yeah... I should probably say what I was going to say somewhere else...

Okay! I shall stop blabbering. (Note: I am very hyper right now)  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Sweetbabykitty00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:16 am
I'll contribute with a roleplay when I come up with something which won't be hard. xDD I always get some kind of idea.

Wait! I might actually have one! x3 I'm not sure if it is any good, though.

Rolling fields, lovely scenery, and bright skies above, it was hard to believe such a tranquil place could exist. Actually, it was all too good to be true. Under the surface, panic and fear filled the heart of Keaori’s citizens. In the shadows of nightfall, creatures wander. Taking children in the midnight and killing others before daybreak.

There, it's probably dumb.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:39 am
Sweetbabykitty00
I'll contribute with a roleplay when I come up with something which won't be hard. xDD I always get some kind of idea.

Rolling fields, lovely scenery, and bright skies above, it was hard to believe such a tranquil place could exist. Actually, it was all too good to be true. Under the surface, panic and fear filled the heart of Keaori’s citizens. In the shadows of nightfall, creatures wander. Taking children in the midnight and killing others before daybreak.

It's not dumb at all! I like the idea! Is it like fantasy, or more like horror? Or both? Is there a bit of survival/adventure in it?

I think it's a great idea! You just need to develop more on the plotline, and perhaps come up with what sort of creatures wander at night. Are they made up from your imagination? Or are they real 'fantasy' monsters like vampires or lycans or trolls or goblins? Or perhaps they are real animals like wolves or crows or tigers...?  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:10 pm
Sweetbabykitty00

Ooh! I like it! Is it medieval fantasy?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:55 am
It is all in one~! Medieval-fantasy/ Horror/ Survival and adventure. =3 The creatures are like things out of nightmares, nothing like ‘fantasy’ monsters. I dunno what to call them, though I’m planning what they might look like.  

Sweetbabykitty00

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:45 am
Yay!

[big font sizes display my enthusiasm c: ]  
.::The Surreal Sanctuary::.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash