Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Guild

Back to Guilds

For fans new and old of CLAMP's crossover adventure, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. Fans of the anime, manga, or both - all are welcome! 

Tags: manga, tsubasa, clamp, xxxholic, cardcaptor sakura 

Reply Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Guild
Who reads both Tsubasa and XXXholic for a COMPLETE story? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CL4M9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:32 am
I think it's the right thing to do so everyone will get the whole story of CLAMP correct...

What do you think?
User Image
User Image
User Image

Tell me...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:48 pm
CLAMP has written it so that you can read each one separately and still understand it, but I read both. I love to see the way things interact across worlds, like the history of the mudball Fye traded his staff for, and the egg and so on. It's really interesting!  

Silverkleptofox

singing shark
Vice Captain

Assimilated Borg

8,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:53 pm
I wouldn't really say there's a "right" way to read fiction, so your wording there's a bit odd. One can get the individual stories "right" on their own because, as keleptofox pointed out, they were meant to be enjoyed seperately as well as together.

I read both, but not so much lately, for Holic. It's difficult with the numerous breaks it seems to take.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:44 pm
I read them both just to try and understand them better.  

Reggie7777

Ringmaster Coffee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:12 am
i find xxxholic more interesting than tsubasa. xxxholic contain some mystery phenomenon in which i believed its true. the term of "power of words" is the same as the job stuff and rest of your life thing.

tsubasa is getting too long.. i really want to see the end unless it will end with alot of rioting fans like "inuyasha" manga.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:08 pm
Meh, I don't read xxxHolic. I just don't think it's as interesting - and besides, you might not be getting the entire story, but you can underestand Tsubasa just fine on its own.  

xEllipsis

meljaina

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:14 am
heart I love Tsubasa! heart I like xxxHolic too but I don't keep up with it the way I do w Tsubasa. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:56 am
I read them both - Tsubasa and xxxHolic. I think that reading them both is important because you can understand the story better.  

Marusera

retice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:40 pm
I read them both, but it hadn't been that way until we got to the Tokyo arc of Tsubasa. I began to realize that there were things involving Watanuki that were becoming important for the plot of Tsubasa, so I read xxxHolic after that. I'm glad I did. It's not any less confusing, but that's mainly because the stories aren't finished yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:30 am
I do for the Hell of it twisted  

syaoran52491

oO-Ui-Oo

Friendly Puppy

13,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:39 pm
KapetaSukal
i find xxxholic more interesting than tsubasa. xxxholic contain some mystery phenomenon in which i believed its true. the term of "power of words" is the same as the job stuff and rest of your life thing.

tsubasa is getting too long.. i really want to see the end unless it will end with alot of rioting fans like "inuyasha" manga.

Inuyasha ended? i thought it still carrys on?
strange for a shounen like that to stop.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:39 pm
.. i read both and both of the stories are very good .. i like it very much  

mikan_o3

x Amethyst Rose x

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:49 pm
I read Tsubasa before I started reading xxxHolic (which was to get a better idea for the Sakura and Watanuki dream sequence part xD;; ). Also, I love crossovers so of course it caught my interest to definitely read xxxHolic and I'm glad I did. It's an interesting story too and fun to read how the two interact and cross over.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:03 pm
x Amethyst Rose x
I read Tsubasa before I started reading xxxHolic (which was to get a better idea for the Sakura and Watanuki dream sequence part xD;; ). Also, I love crossovers so of course it caught my interest to definitely read xxxHolic and I'm glad I did. It's an interesting story too and fun to read how the two interact and cross over.

Oooo a cross-over? haha obviously I haven't read one of them, which is xxxHolic although I watch the show, which is pretty interesting, even though I don't really believe in those stuff, which reminds me, they started a second season and I still need to watch it >< Anyway, Tsubasa is getting kind of long, but it's getting interesting, to me. I'm like waiting for Tsubasa to end, even though it's really good >< Just can't wait to see what happens. And Inuyasha ended?

chngstzx

zakura_1000

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:31 pm
Well, it will be kind of a mystery to only read one book, because in the end, both worlds are linked, and you actually understand better seeing both books as a whole picture of the story.

As for me, I read both together, because I would never one to miss any juicy parts that only the other world can provide ^-^  
Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff