Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)
[GUIDE] Simple Candle Magick Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HiddenBeliefs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:17 am
For very simple candle magick, an elaborate ritual is not necessary.

Candle magick can become part of your everyday life. Simple candle magick includes changing the mood within your home, sending soothing or calming energy to a friend who needs it, motivating yourself in the
short term, even sending a little positive energy to the world. Simple candle magick includes any other number of goodwill actions you would like to undertake. Simple candle magick pertains to general outcomes and
requires far less emphasis on formal ritual.

Simple candle magick can be used for changing the general mood in your home, which can include banishing or clearing negativity directly after a resolved argument, creating a relaxing environment after work,
creating a romantic atmosphere, creating a healing environment for a relaxing bath, or creating quiet time for children before they go to bed.

Using the example of banishing negativity after a resolved argument, it is important to note that the energy from an argument will stay in a home, hanging in the air like cigarette smoke. To remove that energy, simply anoint and bless a candle with peace, and light the candle. Gaze into the light of the candle and visualise the light generated by the flame moving swiftly to every part of your home. It is important to visualise the light moving to every part of your home, and not the flame! As the light reaches every corner and every person within your home, see it changing the energy. Allow the candle to burn for a short period. That's all there is to it.

Use this simple method of candle magick for any change in atmosphere that you wish to place in your home. For the romantic atmosphere, sense the romantic feelings, imprint them into the candle, and light the candle. For quiet time for children prior to bedtime, imprint the candle with the feeling of your children being content while colouring or some other quiet activity.

If you wish a more penetrating change in your home, to effect happiness for example, create a candle arrangement specifically for that purpose. Find a large, pink, pillar candle and bless and anoint it with oil. Create a wreath to fit around the bottom of the candle. Use wire and floral tape, as well as herbs or plants which are seasonal and appropriate to the essence of happiness such as apple blossoms in the spring, lavender in the summer, or juniper in autumn and winter. As you weave the plants into a circle, imagine your home being surrounded by happiness. Thank the plants for their help as you work. Imprint the candle with happiness. Visualise that as it is lit, it fills your home with the light of happiness. Next, place the candle on a plate and fashion the wreath to surround its base, light the candle, and enjoy the vibes! The wreath can be left to dry or replaced as needed; however, use the utmost caution in not letting the candle burn too near to the wreath as dried floral arrangements are flammable.

You can also surround a candle with stones for the same purpose. Simply place a pillar candle on a plate, and surround it with stones for your desired outcome. A pink candle surrounded by rose quartz sends a lovely vibration through your home. If you have a very large candle, you can affix the stones directly to the candle by warming the wax with a flame in a particular spot, and then carefully pressing the stones into the soft wax of the candle.

Simple candle magick has the distinct ability to help you focus on the truly important matters - your personal spiritual growth, the joy of your home, sending love to family and friends, and sending loving energy where strength is needed in the world. Seeing the delicate and fragile light in your home allows you to focus on and live with joy for all that is important.

If you are conducting a magical ritual which involves two people (e.g. an absent healing for a person some distance away) then the second person can be symbolically represented during the ritual by another candle. All you need to do is find out the subject's birth date and burn the appropriate candle for that zodiacal sign. These are as follows-

ARIES - red

TAURUS - green

GEMINI - yellow

CANCER - silver

LEO - orange

VIRGO - yellow

LIBRA - pink

SCORPIO - red

SAGITTARIUS - purple

CAPRICORN - black

AQUARIUS - all colours

PISCES - mauve

all information found at www.ozwicca.com  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:42 am
Yellow

Element: Air. A mental colour. Mental clarity, accuracy. To obtain knowledge, concentration, focus, memory, imagination and creativity, inspiration, persuasion, attraction and breaking down of mental blocks. Mercury energy.

Gold

Solar energy, the God. To attract money (you must earn it), to expedite money coming to you but not here yet. Masculine energy and power. Fast luck. Honours and fame. Rich, deep (but not bright) yellow may be used if you don't have gold.

Orange

Prosperity (lasting), success and good luck, stamina. Business success. Fun.

Brown

Actually a dark orange. Earth energy. Animals, elementals. As with orange, use to attract prosperity and business success.

Peach

Happiness, joy, harmony. To *lighten* a mood.

Red

Fire element. Mars energy. A physical colour. Health, strength, virility, courage, passion, and to increase magnetism.

Pink

Love, friendship, romance, emotional and spiritual healing, affections.

Magenta

A high Vibrational colour. Fast action, to change luck. Use with other colours to quicken their action.

Purple

Expansion in all areas - spiritual and mundane. Knowledge of higher realms, spirituality, wisdom, protection, spirit contact, divination, psychic abilities, hidden knowledge, meditation. Control of energies, magick.

Indigo

Meditation, psychic abilities, subconscious. Use to stop situations or people, or to stop another's magick.

Blue

Water element, the emotions. Healing, peace, calm, understanding, harmony and spiritual inspiration.

Light Blue

More spiritual than blue due to addition of white. Peace, oneness and understanding, gentleness.

Turquoise

A combination of green and blue and possessing qualities of both. Healing, peace, gentle growth. Transformation.

Green

Earth element, Earth Mother. Stability, fertility, money and prosperity (quick to come, quick to go, often unearned), growth, luck, healing (do not use where you do not want growth, as with a tumour.) Faeries and plants (communication with and magick,) abundance.

White

Colour of spirituality. Raises vibrations, repels negative energies. Emotional healing, balancing, contact with spirit guides, wholeness, purity, truth. Balance of all colours (contains all colours.) May be substituted for any other colour.

Silver

Lunar energy, the Goddess. Use to develop psychic abilities, intuition. A very light grey may be used if you don't have silver.

Grey

Neutral colour. Use to neutralize negative or unwanted energy in a passive, non-destructive fashion. Both absorbs and repels.

Black

Represents all colours. Protective, binding and repelling. To end an unwanted situation, thoughts or magick. The subconscious.

-------------

Note: You'll notice that I've listed both black and white as containing or representing all colours. Here's why:

In light, white is made up of all the colours of light, while black is the absence of light.

In pigment or paint, white is the absence of colour. But if you mix all the colours together, theoretically you'll get black.

-------------

When white is added to a colour, it raises the vibrations of that colour. For instance---Red is a passionate, lustful colour. Add white and you get pink. Pink is a higher expression of red, producing romantic love and affection. White also seems to add gentleness to a colour.

Adding grey subdues the action of the colour.

Black does the same, but also darkens it (obviously.) For instance--- Blue is calm and peaceful, but a dark dull blue is almost tranquillising.

-------------

Colours for the Sabbats

Yule
[Winter Solstice] - about June 21st

The birth of the sun (God.) The shortest day of the year, the sun begins to wax now. Festive colours of red, green, silver, gold and white.

-------------

Imbolc

August 1st

Earth Mother stirs in her sleep, preparing for spring. First of the spring festivals. Colours are soft, airy, pastel - white, lavender.

-------------

Ostara

[Spring Equinox] - about September 21st

Spring and the second spring festival. Pale, light colours - green, yellow, pink, white.

-------------

Beltaine

November 1st

Third spring rite. The growing season. Light colours - greens, blues, yellow, pink. Traditional is red and white to symbolise a woman's blood when she loses her virginity. Other traditional colours are white and green to symbolise the end of winter and the beginning of summer.

-------------

Midsummer

[Summer Solstice, Litha] - about December 21st

The God is at his peak. This is the longest day; the Sun begins to wane now. Strong, robust summer colours - greens, reds, yellow or gold.

-------------

Lughnassadh

February 1st

First of three harvest festivals. Earthy colours - yellows, browns, grey and gold.

-------------

Mabon

[Autumn Equinox] - about March 21st

Second harvest rite. Earthy colours, but deeper - golds, orange, browns and red.

-------------

Samhain

May 1st

The darkness before the birth of the light (the God) at Yule. The last harvest rite. Black and orange.

-------------

The Colours of the Goddess

White - the Maiden, new moon, waxing moon.

Red - the Mother, full moon. (White is often used to represent the full moon).

Black - the Crone, dark moon, waning moon.

The Colours of the God

Gold/Yellow - Sun/Son

Green - the Hero/Lover

Red - the Father/King

Black - the Sage/Sorcerer  

HiddenBeliefs

Daearen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:28 pm
Thank you for this guide ^ ^  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:23 pm
Do you have a source for this?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:19 am
Uh, how do you imprint the candle and what on it for the happyness vibe thing? I just don't want to mess it up if I do the wrong thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:37 am
Esiris

Hidden hasn't logged in since July 2008. I don't think you'll get an answer.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:13 am
Morgandria

Hidden hasn't logged in since July 2008. I don't think you'll get an answer.
Probably not. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:05 am
Esiris

According to the bottom of the first post he added this:

Hope that helps.  

destinydesignlabs

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:33 pm
destinydesignlabs

According to the bottom of the first post he added this:

It's a dead link.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:43 pm
I'm sorry, but isn't Samhain October 31st? Somewhere on there it said it was May 1st? Or did my quick overlook of this miss something? Or is this for somewhere other than the United States?  

Mnemosyne-rae

2,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:01 pm
Mnemosyne-rae
I'm sorry, but isn't Samhain October 31st? Somewhere on there it said it was May 1st? Or did my quick overlook of this miss something? Or is this for somewhere other than the United States?

I'm sure it was simply acknowledging the southern hemisphere.

Also this year it is on November 7.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:28 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Mnemosyne-rae

How so?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:21 am
Esiris
Sanguina Cruenta
Mnemosyne-rae

How so?

Because that's when it falls...? It has something to do with the sun and possibly the tropic of whatever. I don't know, man, I just go by what the calendar tells me.  
*~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff