Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •|x|•The Four Elements RP(OPEN and ACCEPTING)•|x|•
•|x|•The Four Elements [PLEASE READ]•|x|• Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:36 am
Otulissa
•|x|•The Four Elements•|x|•

Intro:

There is a great war in the wondrous land of Th'estal. Th'estal is a magical world full of enchantment, battle, adventure, and many, many interesting creatures. The war is an everlasting Battle of the Four Elements. Fire, Water, Earth, and Air are all fighting each other...though there are some peaceful people who do not believe in fighting, or neutral mercenaries who are traitors to both sides. The war in Th'estal has been going on for 20 years, and will probably last longer, much longer...

What will you do?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:44 am
NOTE:

This RP was once mine in Barton Town, but it became sadly inactive and dead. So... I have moved it into this guild in the hopes of reviving my roleplay. If you have seen this RP before, I did not steal anybody's idea. It was simply my old RP that I closed down.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:46 am
Otulissa
•|x|•RULES•|x|•

[1] Follow all Guild Rules.
[2] Be sure to PM the character forms to me! (Do not post them).
[3] Be active...this means RPing fairly often. If you are quitting the RP or if you are going to be busy, please let me know via PM or via OOC post. This is a long-term RP so don't join and then leave.
[4] No Godmodding! Or powerplaying... or any others of the like. If you might have to, look at rule #7. No killing off any characters without their permission, and mine.
[5] My word is law, because I am the Creator of this RP. Do not complain about the rules please.
[6] You can RP up to 3 characters total - 1 pre-made and 2 made-ups.
[7] There are some circumstances that you may be able to vaguely RP a character that is not yours, if it is not taken yet (only the pre-mades). But, even so, you cannot do this without my permission. I hope we never have to do this, so hopefully the pre-mades go quickly.
[8] If your character has a "pet"/"loyal animal," you can mention it in the "Other" section. But, this animal DOES NOT count as an additional character. Nonetheless, I don't want you to go out and make 10 pets just so you can have more characters. One or two pets will be fine though. Of course, you may have zero if you prefer. If you want to add on a pet later on, feel free to PM me and I can edit your profile.
[9] All these rules can be changed, edited, added to, or deleted by me.
[10] HAVE FUN! (oh, and make sure to write literate posts with proper spelling and such. But since you are in this guild, I am assuming I don't need to add this as a rule.)

Additional rule: Keep OOC chatter to a minimum, and go to the OOC thread to discuss things OOC. OOC Thread

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:52 am
The Land of Th'estal!

The country of Th'estal consists of 4 "areas."

North Th'estal

North Th'estal is an area of Th'estal with many, many big cities. Since this roleplay takes place in medieval-like times, these "cities" won't have skyscrapers. Instead, there are many brick and stone buildings, along with Shoppes and street vendors. Some of these cities are Baim, Sorresta, and Jakku. None of these 3 cities are specified for only one element. These cities are rather peaceful, and are where people come to shop and trade...without fighting. But, there are cities that are specified for their element ONLY. The major elemental cities in North Th'estal are:
-Munt: Earth
-Talviora: Air
-W'liss: Water
-Kunchi: Fire

South Th'estal

South Th'estal is mainly arid deserts. The 2 deserts in South Th'estal are the J'also and the Komphall. There aren't many cities in South Th'estal, but there are villages and towns where ever there are oases. Many, many people go to the oases to drink water and trade. There are different oases specified for different elements. If you enter the wrong oasis...I do not need to say more. There are a few oases that are peaceful, though. The two peaceful oases are Gholann and Bhrut'ell.

East Th'estal

East Th'estal is mostly forests and lakes. It is a very beautiful area if Th'estal and is considered a great place to go and relax. The most famous lake is Lake Egil'ol - the biggest lake in Th'estal. Lake Egil'ol resides in East Th'estal and has a very diverse assortment of underwater-life. It is a freshwater lake, and most of the lakes are freshwater. There is one saltwater lake though. It is also in East Th'estal, and is the second biggest lake. It is called Lake Zaet. The forests of East Th'estal don't really go by any names, for it is like a continuous large forest. There are no towns or cities, though there are a few buildings here and there. But there are no tight-knit groups of houses. Loners usually favor this section of Th'estal since there are no towns.

West Th'estal

West Th'estal is the most fertile area of Th'estal! There are many farms here, and many elves like to come here to "acquaint" with magic and nature. There are a handful of rivers here, too. The 2 rivers that border this area are the Hrossig and the Cerea. There is also a mountain range and a few volcanoes. The mountain range in West Th'estal is called the Aestoolas. The 3 volcanoes in this region are:
-Mt. Buswick
-Mt. Siliku
-Mt. Derung

West Th'estal also has a few towns. The major elemental towns are:
-Nosuum: Earth
-Krastia: Air
-T'siss: Water
-Toolm: Fire
The peaceful towns are Hrumph and Vrek.

The Never-Ending Ocean

The Never-Ending Ocean is the ocean that surrounds Th'estal on all four sides. Most people wouldn't dare try to set sail upon this ocean. Nobody knows anything about other countries or continents besides Th'estal. Anybody who has tried to set sail has never come back... Whether they died out at sea, got lost, disappeared, or lived somewhere else forever...nobody who has left Th'estal has ever come back. The beaches of Th'estal are very quaint, little places. Many Th'estalians are afraid of the Ocean, and don't find it pleasant at the beaches. The Ocean laps at the land, not bringing any clues to the land beyond except for some sea shells...  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:54 am
Quote:
History of Th'estal

Th'estal's history is very vivid, and I cannot explain much of it...for it would take too long. Once upon a time, Th'estal was a country in which all 4 elements were peacefully together...working together to achieve great things, never doing anything mean to eachother. But one day the Water tribe attacked the Earth tribe for stealing the Water Tribe King's land. The Earth tribe got mad and told the Air tribe to join them in battle. They agreed, but the Fire tribe disagreed. The Fire and the Water tribes joined, and the Earth and the Air tribes joined. They fought a pretty short war that lasted about 2 years. But then, they stopped suddenly because the Water tribe accused the Fire tribe of betraying them, and the Earth tribe accused the Air tribe of the same thing. Then, that is when the current war began. Fire, Water, Earth, and Air all fought eachother. There were a few people who believed in peace though, and tried to not fight against other elements.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:55 am
Government in Th'estal

There's a very strange type of government in Th'estal. There are 4 tribes: Water, Air, Earth, and Fire. Each tribe has a High King, and a High Queen. These Kings and Queens rule over the tribes. Of course, if you don't belong to one of these tribes because you are peaceful, or neutral. Then, you would be an Outcast from the tribe. People who are Outcasts are independent and follow no ruler. For those who do belong to one of the four tribes, you would follow the King or Queen's words faithfully...unless you are a traitor. Since people of different elements are spread out all over Th'estal, word must travel fast to show the Royals' orders. That is why there are many, many messengers all over the place.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:07 pm
Currency/Trade

The money used in Th'estal is called "Chuklu." One chuklu would equal approximately one U.S. dollar. This money is used to buy things, obviously! But not many people have money because they make money mainly through trade. Those who do have chuklus are usually the Royals of the various elemental divisions, or very high nobles. Some rogues, pirates, or thieves may have a few chuklus from 'taking with out permission,' otherwise known as stealing.

Trade is only traded throughout the country of Th'estal. This is because, Th'estal is isolated in an almost never-ending ocean that surrounds it. Anyhow, successful traders and merchants are most likely against the war because they sell/trade things from all four elements. The traders who only trade with their own element usually do not make as much money.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:10 pm
[reserved]  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:14 pm

•|x|•Now, the RP is open•|x|•

•|x|•The Four Elements RP(OPEN and ACCEPTING)•|x|•

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]