Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:38 pm
Roho'eupeanga was happy to be home. He was one of those lions that grew homesick the moment they stepped out of their home, so the months of being away from where he was born had been hard. But...he had found Tara, no, now she was Isha. But that, and actually feeling like an adult now, were the only things he really got from the trip. Being home couldn't beat anything.

But now, he really wanted to meet more of the pride's new members. They were all new to him, as when he left it was really only his sibilings and cousins that lived here. Now...there was a whole bunch! And a lot of them were younger than him, but there were a few more adults nowadays, too.

Picking his way through the swampy lands, he was hoping to meet someone. Most of his sibilings hadn't returned yet, and he was hoping to have friends. It sounded cliche, but...all he really had was his mother, brother, and Isha.

Avani was continuing to try and get more and more used to this place. She was yet to meet -all- of Gharadi's "kids". She knew they weren't hishis, but she also knew they thought of him as their.. father, father father. Y'know. Their dad. She also knew that their mother had left. Recently.. which made it all worse for her. Gharadi was going to talk to the kids, of course. And she'd met Moyo, and the girl had been quite pleasant!

But she couldn't expect them all to be like that. Instead, all she could do was meet Gharadi when he wasn't busy with them, so he could help her learn more about the pride. If she was going to join, she had to learn, of course! She knew about her having to change her name-- she had picked something, even. She was, however, doing the same thing as Gharadi; adding onto her own.

Today, however, she was on her own, simply walking around the lands; getting to know the lay of them. After all, she was supposed to start living here soon!

There was someone! He wasn't sure about...well, anything about her, but it never hurt to ask. He took a few steps towards her before pausing. All of that shyness that had taken over him when he was younger flared up. What if she didn't like him? What if he was weird, and freaked her out?

He shoved all those thoughts away. No! He couldn't be weird, he had Isha at his side. And she had been through a lot, he was certain, even if she didn't tell him everything. Instead, he put his faith into her. Why couldn't he put his faith into this other lioness?

Another few steps towards her, and he paused so he wouldn't seem too pushy. "Hi there~!" he called out awkwardly. "You're in the Jini-msemi, right?" It was odd for complete strangers to wander into the lands, since the spirits seemed to guide them out if they had no business here.

And Roho and just happened to stumble upon one of the most easy to startle lionesses out there. No one knew quite why she was so jumpy; perhaps she was just so distracted, when things popped up, it was that much of a shock! And so when he first said something, or even flickered into sight, the lioness jumped, flying in the direction of a tree and latching to it like a startled.. cat.

"AH! " She gasped, looking back and slipping, back onto the floor with her pride bruised. Seriously, she had to stop doing this sort of stuff! "Aah! I'm sorry-- um.. I always do that. " she grinned awkwardly, not quite sure what to say. "Uuh.. I am.. sorta. " She wasn't sure if she should say she was just yet; she had to meet this Asali person!

Oh shoot! Well, Roho wasn't one to be stealthy, but he also wasn't the most graceful lion out there, either. He bobbed his head in apology, very sorry for startling her. "I'm sorry! Sorry....." He peeked at her underneath the bangs of his mane, hopeing that she was alright.

"I really didn't mean to do that....but...is your name Sorta?" He didn't quite get it, but hoped that he wasn't making a fool out of himself in believing so.

"No, its ok! I've always been easy to scare. " She smiled, shaking her head slightly and forcing a smile. "No.. my name isn't sorta! " She chuckled slightly, standing up and trying to settle her prickled fur. Aah, this was just a lovely situation, huh? "Its Avani'nafsi, now. Or it will be when I talk to 'Asali'.. I hope. " She smiled slightly.

"So I'm only sorta from the Jini-msemi! " She nodded. "Are you from here? "

"Oh?" So she was something of a pledge. Well, that was still good! He couldn't recall someone mentioned being turned away if they truely wanted to live here. "So you'd like to speak to my mother about it? Well, I'm surprised she hasn't found you yet! She's very good at that..." his voice lowered. "Sometimes too good."

He laughed at himself. "Well, I'm Roho'eupeanga," he nodded. "Though Roho works just fine for me, if you'd like. It's nice to meet you Avani'nafsi." He did use her true name that she offered. She was nearly a member anyway, right?

"Nafsi....that reminds me of someone. Of one of the pride members. Do you know him?" The one talent Roho had was a good memory. Otherwise? Nothing significant would ever come out of him!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:06 am
"Yeah! well, I don't hang out here that much just yet, " She shrugged slightly. "See, my mate has kids. They're not his-his, but he's still their dad. So I don't wanna just.. barge in on them. Especially since their mother apperently jsut left. So I'm comming in slowly. " If that made sense.

"Nice to meet you too, Roho! " She tilted her head at his next question though. "Actually, if you're talking about who I think you are, thats my mate, I guess. " the 'I guess' was moreso because it felt odd to call him that; being a couple seemed like it'd take getting used to.

Okay, that thought totally made his mind swirl with confusion. So he was a dad, without the mother here, but they weren't his? That...was something that he wouldn't bother asking about. It sounded like it was something that his mother should deal with, and she might have already. He was glad that he wasn't the leader, it certainly wasn't his cup of tea to be the center of attention all the time.

"Ohhh? Gharadi, then? Well, congradulations on being a mated pair, then!" he said with a bob of his head. It was something like marriage, and that should be congradulated all the time. He still didn't know how Isha felt about him, so he wouldn't really mention it. "Is everyone treating you ok?"

"Thankyou! " People here seemed friendly! That was good. "And yeah, I'm not being msitreated, anyway. I've only met one of six so far, she liked me. but I doubt all of them will be so happy! They consider Gharadi their dad, I don't know how happy they'll be with some.. shared attention. "

Kids will be kids, eh?

"Shared attention? Well, they might act a little selfish about it in the beginning, but I'm soon they'll get over it and get tired of him. I'm sure of it." He laughed for a moment. "Kids either want lots of attention, or for you to leave them alone. I've seen that in my smaller sibilings, and I'm sure that they'll do the same." Kids certainly were kids!

"I'm glad that you've been accepted well. We're a pretty tight-knit community, so if you ever need anything, don't be afraid to ask! I'm usually hanging around here a lot." Well, duh. Where else would he be? But he was trying to be friendly and all that stuff; he just wasn't very good at it.

"Yup! Kids will be kids. They like attention. " she smiled, and though she didn't want to say it, they might blame her, Avani, for their mother leaving. Kids could jump to conclusions so easily..

"Thanks for the offer! And its good to know, to be honest, at first I never imagines the swamp would be such a nice place, " She shrugged slightly. On the outside, after seeing plenty pretty places, it was kind-of hard to imagine a place like the swamp to be such a nice home.

Roho laughed, because he knew it all too well what outsiders thought about their home. It was too wet, damp, dark, cold, you name it, they said it. He was happy that some seemed to like it though. It was his home that he was born in, after all! He would always love it for everything that it was.

"Well, that's good. It's got a couple parts that might not be as fun, but it's certainly got it's own gems inside. I'm glad you approve," he said with another laugh. It was good to see a new member for their small pride. At least they had no outward threats to worry about. Why did that thought cross through his mind? Maybe his travels had made him even more appreciative of his homeland.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:25 am
"It does! And there's shade. I'll take shade for sun anytime, " She chuckled, despite not usually having issues with sun, shade was much better. Perhaps ebcause Avani had a tendancy to get hot faster than she did to get cold.

"I better get going now. I'm trying to get to know the place more! Don't usually stray that far from Avani's den and all. " She certainly wanted to know the territory better. "So I'll see you later? "

It was definately mostly shadey in the swamplands, as the area was covered in trees, alive or dead. That probably helped the fact that it was always damp if not wet. Something else for new members to get used to Avani and Isha included.

Roho nodded to the other. "Alright, then. Just remember that I'm here if you ever need anything!" It felt good to me friends with everyone in the pride. It was the one little thing that he could do for his pride.

done!  
[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff