What????
  Oh that place! Yah what about it?
  Ooohhh....look at all the sand.....
  *presses option*
View Results

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:44 pm
Sooo....ever replied to something someone said and they said back, "only a goth would say that" or something akin to that? For example, someone telling you that you look pale and you being extremely pleased with yourself or saying "thank you!". Or just had one of those gothy moments? Post them here....just thought it'd be fun.

I got the idea when my grandmother told me that I looked a little pale and I thought it was a compliment.... xd  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:00 pm
Just today I was saying to a friend... "Wow, today's obituaries are quite boring... There are never any interesting deaths any more..."  

Snows Wyntre

Tainted Deity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:15 pm
Ashitaka-Mononokes_Love
Just today I was saying to a friend... "Wow, today's obituaries are quite boring... There are never any interesting deaths any more..."

I've only read them once, it was so boring I stopped.
There was far more info on the funeral than the death.
That's all well and good if you're there but boring otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:49 am
Ashitaka-Mononokes_Love

I have a friend's Grandmother who collects every obituaries she can get her hands on. She sits at the computer looking up all the deaths of those in our state of Kansas, she logs it all. She also enjoys watching the news when there's something about a death.

She's been doing this for 10 or so years, I guess.
Interesting lady....  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:58 am
Macabre_Cogitation
Ashitaka-Mononokes_Love

I have a friend's Grandmother who collects every obituaries she can get her hands on. She sits at the computer looking up all the deaths of those in our state of Kansas, she logs it all. She also enjoys watching the news when there's something about a death.

She's been doing this for 10 or so years, I guess.
Interesting lady....

That's fantastic!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:30 am
Never had that happen, but I've occasionally had people tell me "only an eccentric would say that" or "only a mad person would say that." rolleyes  

Veruniel
Crew

Undead Goth Inc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:54 am
i over heard my one friend something about "being the oringinal goth"
i swear he said penguinsUser Image  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:39 am
I can't really recall anything but i hear that comment a lot since i have some eccentric ideas. The one that gives most of the comments is when i mention that i feel a lot of peace around graves.  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Verienkeli

Girl-Crazy Genius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:35 am
I've never had anyone say "Only a goth would say that" to me. I do get a lot of weird looks, and a plethora of comments on how morbid I am, when I tell people that we're all born with a fatal disease called life, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:45 am
I'm not usually considered a goth, by most people standards, so I don't get that.
I don't think I have ever gotten that, actually.

But I do sometimes say "Thank You" when people say I'm pale xD  

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:06 pm
I've never really said anything, to which a persons reply was " only a goth would say that." I have, on the other hand I have done things that people have said. "Only you would do that." Simply because I'm just out of my mind.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:03 pm
Laharl Part Deux
I've never really said anything, to which a persons reply was " only a goth would say that." I have, on the other hand I have done things that people have said. "Only you would do that." Simply because I'm just out of my mind.

Same here. I'm not usually labeled as a Goth. I change too often, to the point where people have to label me with my name, or nothing at all.

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Ende_Neu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:34 pm
Haha, had a fun conversation with a friend of mine about some guy she had recently hooked up with.

"He's such a darling you know, I haven't met a boy like him yet.."
"Heh, you're usually picky. What makes him so special?"
"I'm not sure. Maybe its because he reminds me of Rozz from Christian Death, maybe its his creativity, maybe its.."
"Aren't all the guys you date like that?"
"HE CAN PROPERLY PRONOUNCE EINSTURZENDE NEUBAUTEN"
"Holy s**t.."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:49 pm
Luckily a lot of the stuff I say doesn't fit that neatly into the Goth or any other categories.  

xStephanx

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:01 pm
Simim
Laharl Part Deux

Same here. I'm not usually labeled as a Goth. I change too often, to the point where people have to label me with my name, or nothing at all.
Neither am I. I'm labeled as a "Randi," which is a myriad of random things but does include the whole punk n' goth thing I have going for me.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff