Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply ZOMG!
Story Game/Questing for Gold Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheEmoSalesman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:36 am
Okay. A string of recent expenditures have cost a fair chunk of change. I won't lie. I spent more than I had planned on a few things, such as my current avatar. I would like to recoup some of my losses, so now I'm questing for the most accessible commodity on Gaia: gold. It's incredibly painstaking to amass myself, since I don't have anything of great value that I want to part with, so I'm gonna quest for it. My goal is to reach 100k. From there, I should be in the clear. With any amount of luck, this will be my last quest for a while.

User Image

I've noticed that we have quite a few creative writers on Gaia, so I'm holding a story contest.
Here's the game:
-In 2000 words or less, you have to write a short story that includes the given sentence.
-The sentence will be given on Saturday, and the winner will be announced on Friday.
-There will be a requirement for the story, and your entry must include it somehow, or it will not be eligible. It could be anything; it could be a genre, a setting, it could be something almost insignificant, but it must be included.
-If you do not use proper spelling and grammar, your entry, and all further entries will be denied until you incorporate proper spelling and grammar. There will be no exceptions. You make a mistake, that's fine. But absolutely no cht-spk or txt-talk.
-A donation of gold is required to submit an entry, preferably at least 500 gold.
-Please PM your submissions to me, as not to stretch the page out. I will repost the submissions here.
-The winner will receive a random starter item. If you win one week, you cannot win the week after, but you can win more than once.

Good luck, folks. I look forward to seeing what kind of stories everyone comes up with!
Fuzzy penguins make me happy and gleeful, fuzzy Hamburgers do not.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:38 am
White List

Thanks to xxstratus_affectionxx, our illustrious guild captain, who donated 5000 gold!

Thanks to Celes Xe, you donated 500 gold. I'm waiting on her submission.  

TheEmoSalesman

TheEmoSalesman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:42 am
Week One: March 1st - March 8th.
Sentence: "I don't know where you got that, but I want it out of my house."
The Catch: Your story must be set in Victorian England.
Winner: TBA  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:55 am
This Week's Entries

TheEmoSalesman

Bellabie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:06 am
Approval Granted.
b  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:01 pm
Oops, almost forgot.
This Week's Winner

TheEmoSalesman

Lady Luck _ Kylie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:47 pm
Amazing quest thread Salesman. So different and fresh! ^^ Good luck hun...unfortunately, I suck at writing...heehee heart  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:07 am
x Glam Rock Kylie x
Amazing quest thread Salesman. So different and fresh! ^^ Good luck hun...unfortunately, I suck at writing...heehee heart

Aww, come on, nobody else has entered yet. At least spread the word for me, I hate self-advertisement. (Yes, I'm aware of the irony of that statement)  

TheEmoSalesman

TheEmoSalesman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:33 pm
stare Why do I bother? Has any even looked at this Goddamn thread?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:30 pm
Bump. Christ. I'm reduced to bumping.  

TheEmoSalesman

SandcastleBuilder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:07 am
Good luck I could help you advertise just give me the siggy code.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:37 am
xd I looked at it...and read through everything....lol heart  

Lady Luck _ Kylie

Zhadgon

Dapper Perfectionist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:34 pm
Maybe i can join and put a good story but i need time for the grammar and some words. Be patience.
.n_n.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:35 pm
Get this thing up and running and I'll join in, just let me know.  

Pyromaniac.HeaT

Sapphire Raz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:05 pm
Hmm...This sounds intersesting I may just give it a whirl!!! eek

ZOMG!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items