Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
What do you want? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:57 am
people of The Promised Land! lend me your ears!Your ever gentle lord Plumber has sensed that the people is bored...SO this thread is basically a open discussion on what you would like to happen to the guild..any new features you would like to be added..people you would like to see more off..ect. ect.

and yes i was bored..and was looking for something to do.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:03 am
User Image
I was bored

Who is that guy in your "n00b eater" sig and why didn't you use the pen tool?
So I got this D: User Image

Kunx990

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:06 am
deathguiser off crew

People to stop using ellipses incorrectly.

Nit to actually enforce the rules he makes.

People to capitalize words correctly.

etc. etc.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:46 am
Shigeru K: "Deathguiser off Crew"

Oh why because you don't like the way I enforce things? At least I don't abuse my power by deleting a whole thread that not even the captain had a problem with.

I mean, At least i'm working on the newspaper (honest to God, trying to get articles) but I mean, what do you do besides be a jackass to everyone, and throw your 2 cents where its not needed? oh and delete threads that aren't doing anything wrong, we both know this guild needs the activity.  

Deathguiser

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:58 am
See more of you plumber sweatdrop
More people to battle
Tons of WiFi Teams and for people to be active when Season 2 starts
And see more of nitnit  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:12 pm
Kunx990
User Image
I was bored

Who is that guy in your "n00b eater" sig and why didn't you use the pen tool?
So I got this D: User Image

Eh random person online...and..i was using paint..and the coloring wasn't coming out right..I don't have photoshop any mores

on the plus side..thanks to you showing me that gaia has a frog mask...It's time for me to make a new Mario cos play ^_^ oh joy  

16bit-Plumber

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:22 pm
Deathguiser
Shigeru K
deathguiser off crew
quote]

Oh why because you don't like the way I enforce things? At least I don't abuse my power by deleting a whole thread that not even the captain had a problem with.

I mean, At least i'm working on the newspaper (honest to God, trying to get articles) but I mean, what do you do besides be a jackass to everyone, and throw your 2 cents where its not needed? oh and delete threads that aren't doing anything wrong, we both know this guild needs the activity.
It is common knowledge that Shigeru's role in this guild thread management.(self-elected)
and if he decided to delete a thread i'm sure he had some type of reason that we all can agree with..but anyways as to Shigeru want to have you removed..I cannot agree with that because you too have been doing your job...
keep in mind people that everything here is just opinions

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:46 pm
Deathguiser

Again, stop bringing Nit into this. We all know he has a flair for not caring about rules and that he only creates rules as a formality. I, however, believe in actually enforcing them. Do you know why? Because any system without limitations are doomed to fall.

That thread didn't do anything wrong? Well since you like Nit's words so much, why don't you check out the initial post in the official Brawl thread? It clearly says not to make any threads related to Brawl and to keep all discussion in that one thread.

So I lock it. You then go and unlock it, stating that it could be locked after the discussion is over. Good job defeating the purpose there. I go and lock it again, explaining my reasons clearly and what do you do? You unlock again. Understanding the situation, and knowing that you'd just unlock the thread again if I locked it, I went ahead and deleted it.

It was never meant to exist anyways.

Also, bringing up the point that you're the newspaper's editor doesn't change anything. Hell, you don't even need to be mod to do that job.

EDIT: Excuse errors in my post.  

Shigeru the Hero

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:08 pm
which brawl thread was that?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:31 pm
Shigeru K
Deathguiser

Again, stop bringing Nit into this. We all know he has a flair for not caring about rules and that he only creates rules as a formality. I, however, believe in actually enforcing them. Do you know why? Because any system without limitations are doomed to fall.

That thread didn't do anything wrong? Well since you like Nit's words so much, why don't you check out the initial post in the official Brawl thread? It clearly says not to make any threads related to Brawl and to keep all discussion in that one thread.

So I lock it. You then go and unlock it, stating that it could be locked after the discussion is over. Good job defeating the purpose there. I go and lock it again, explaining my reasons clearly and what do you do? You unlock again. Understanding the situation, and knowing that you'd just unlock the thread again if I locked it, I went ahead and deleted it.

It was never meant to exist anyways.

Also, bringing up the point that you're the newspaper's editor doesn't change anything. Hell, you don't even need to be mod to do that job.

EDIT: Excuse errors in my post.

Lol if the thread was sooo bad, why didn't nitnit lock it? He made the rule, and he even posted in the topic about the tournament. You keep saying to keep him out of this, but lets all keep in mind he's the captain, and if he had wnated it locked, he would have done so.

Plus, the thread was about a specific tournament. I know it relates to brawl, but that doesn't mean people here aren't going to be interested, and considering the brawl thread was so dead, nobody would have even bothered to look there for this tournament information.

Despite what you say about the newspaper, at leasts its something. You sit around here, trying to make yourself feel better about life by making fun of people for posting in the wrong forum. And if you want to look, it says in the rules for crew that "Crew are not allowed to delete threads." That is a total abuse of your power, and if you thought the thread should be gone, and I was unlocking it, you should have taken it up with nitnit, because again he is the captain here, not you.

And seriously, just because I never agree with you, and I think you just enjoy being a total jackass, doesn't mean that I am doing a bad job at crew. The newspaper is meant for a crew memeber, therefore here I am, doing what I was asked to do. I failed to see what you wrote for as what your job was aroundh ere, accept to lock every thread you can ifnd that doesn't completely follow the rules, even though nobody else really minds or cares.  

Deathguiser

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:44 pm
Quote:
Lol if the thread was sooo bad, why didn't nitnit lock it? He made the rule, and he even posted in the topic about the tournament. You keep saying to keep him out of this, but lets all keep in mind he's the captain, and if he had wnated it locked, he would have done so.

Because Nit is Nit. With a track record of being banned, why expect him to actually enforce rules? Like I said, the rules were only created as a formality, but I intend to enforce them.

Quote:
Plus, the thread was about a specific tournament. I know it relates to brawl, but that doesn't mean people here aren't going to be interested, and considering the brawl thread was so dead, nobody would have even bothered to look there for this tournament information.

Well you know, you can like bump threads right?

Quote:
Despite what you say about the newspaper, at leasts its something. You sit around here, trying to make yourself feel better about life by making fun of people for posting in the wrong forum. And if you want to look, it says in the rules for crew that "Crew are not allowed to delete threads." That is a total abuse of your power, and if you thought the thread should be gone, and I was unlocking it, you should have taken it up with nitnit, because again he is the captain here, not you.

I knew what would happen if I went to Nit. He'd shrug it off like always, so I acted. It's not the first time I abused my powers, and don't forget that Jon abuses his powers even more than I do.

Quote:
And seriously, just because I never agree with you, and I think you just enjoy being a total jackass, doesn't mean that I am doing a bad job at crew. The newspaper is meant for a crew memeber, therefore here I am, doing what I was asked to do. I failed to see what you wrote for as what your job was aroundh ere, accept to lock every thread you can ifnd that doesn't completely follow the rules, even though nobody else really minds or cares.

Say what you like, but here's a suggestion: You're crew because of your paper job. I recommend you stick to using your powers in creating the paper (what you were assigned to) and don't bother with the usual forum management (what I've been doing for years).  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:04 pm
Shigeru K
Quote:

Because Nit is Nit. With a track record of being banned, why expect him to actually enforce rules? Like I said, the rules were only created as a formality, but I intend to enforce them.

Quote:

Well you know, you can like bump threads right?

Quote:

I knew what would happen if I went to Nit. He'd shrug it off like always, so I acted. It's not the first time I abused my powers, and don't forget that Jon abuses his powers even more than I do.

Quote:

Say what you like, but here's a suggestion: You're crew because of your paper job. I recommend you stick to using your powers in creating the paper (what you were assigned to) and don't bother with the usual forum management (what I've been doing for years).

Well I'll just say this to sum up the argument about nit's authority here: go look at the banner of the guild. Underneath that, it says who the guild belongs to. So until that name right there is Shigeru K, you have to get nit's permission to delete anything, or do anything accept lock a thread. If another mod disagrees with you on it, that does not give you the authority to delete it, since you don't have more authority than any other crew member.

So your also saying just because Jon abuses his power, that means you can too? That makes a lot of sense. Well first of all, Jon knows nit IRL (I think) so he is probably allowed to do some of the things he does, because He could, I don’t know, ask nit personally. Also, jonnn is a vice captain, and your crew, which already gives him way more power to do things than you. And you know what, I think I will make another game stop tournament thread, and if you want it gone, you can go get nitnit's permission.

Oh, I am only crew because of the paper right? If I remember correctly, I was crew by popular vote back when the guild started, and then I left. As you might have read by nitnit's return post after he had been gone awhile, I was already on the list to become crew once again. The paper just sped things up. Personally, I think you’re a shitty a** forum regulator. Sure you lock threads (even when there is nothing wrong with them.) But do you ever move them? Do you ever give a nicely put reason for locking, or send the thread owner a pm of why it’s being locked? No, you just do it because you think you have that kind of authority.

And just because you claim to have been doing "forum management" for years, doesn't mean s**t. Your just the only person who has a stick shoved far enough up their a** to care about every little thing. Well you know what they say, you give a little man power, and he will abuse it.  

Deathguiser

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:12 pm
I think there should be a brawl Sub forum...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:17 pm
Quote:
Well I'll just say this to sum up the argument about nit's authority here: go look at the banner of the guild. Underneath that, it says who the guild belongs to. So until that name right there is Shigeru K, you have to get nit's permission to delete anything, or do anything accept lock a thread. If another mod disagrees with you on it, that does not give you the authority to delete it, since you don't have more authority than any other crew member.

If you want to continue playing the rules hand, Nit clearly said not to create anymore threads discussing Brawl, and thus giving me the right to lock the thread. You unlocking it, breaks the very basis of being a moderator, to enforce the rules. Knowing your behaviour, I deleted the thread under the premise that it should not have been created in the first place.

Quote:

So your also saying just because Jon abuses his power, that means you can too? That makes a lot of sense. Well first of all, Jon knows nit IRL (I think) so he is probably allowed to do some of the things he does, because He could, I don’t know, ask nit personally. Also, jonnn is a vice captain, and your crew, which already gives him way more power to do things than you. And you know what, I think I will make another game stop tournament thread, and if you want it gone, you can go get nitnit's permission.

Being vice captain does not allow you to edit posts, distorting content, if said content is not breaking rules. Jon has edited my posts several times, but I look over it because I know Jon hates me. I've spoken to Nit about you a while back, you know what he said to me?

Jan 24
[17:24] Me: I see Death got the job
[18:06] Nitnit: ya
[18:06] Nitnit: no one else applied
[18:08] Me: Nah as crew
[18:08] Nitnit: oh
[18:08] Nitnit: meh
[18:08] Nitnit: he helps cause drama
[18:08] Nitnit: and more lulz/posts
[18:09] Me: He pisses me off the most in the guild
[18:09] Nitnit: speaking of which, I need to tell rina to be a lulzcow or gtfo
[18:09] Nitnit: I know, you were too comfortable
[18:09] Me: And your rule clauses aren't helping
[18:09] Nitnit: you need a little adversary
[18:10] Me: Yeah, okay, sounds fun
[18:10] Me: You and the guys can laugh it off as I spaz I guess

Take this conversation how you will, but he clearly doesn't care what I think about you and will likely not assist me when it comes to changing the system anyways.

Quote:
Oh, I am only crew because of the paper right? If I remember correctly, I was crew by popular vote back when the guild started, and then I left. As you might have read by nitnit's return post after he had been gone awhile, I was already on the list to become crew once again. The paper just sped things up. Personally, I think you’re a shitty a** forum regulator. Sure you lock threads (even when there is nothing wrong with them.) But do you ever move them? Do you ever give a nicely put reason for locking, or send the thread owner a pm of why it’s being locked? No, you just do it because you think you have that kind of authority.

Do you? Does Jon? Does Nit?

I doubt the latter two.

Quote:
And just because you claim to have been doing "forum management" for years, doesn't mean s**t. Your just the only person who has a stick shoved far enough up their a** to care about every little thing. Well you know what they say, you give a little man power, and he will abuse it.

Can't the same be said about you for unlocking the threads without consulting me, the one who locked it, for why I did so?

EDIT: Added ending.  

Shigeru the Hero

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:30 pm
Shigeru K
Quote:

If you want to continue playing the rules hand, Nit clearly said not to create anymore threads discussing Brawl, and thus giving me the right to lock the thread. You unlocking it, breaks the very basis of being a moderator, to enforce the rules. Knowing your behaviour, I deleted the thread under the premise that it should not have been created in the first place.

Quote:

Being vice captain does not allow you to edit posts, distorting content, if said content is not breaking rules. Jon has edited my posts several times, but I look over it because I know Jon hates me. I've spoken to Nit about you a while back, you know what he said to me?

Jan 24
[17:24] Me: I see Death got the job
[18:06] Nitnit: ya
[18:06] Nitnit: no one else applied
[18:08] Me: Nah as crew
[18:08] Nitnit: oh
[18:08] Nitnit: meh
[18:08] Nitnit: he helps cause drama
[18:08] Nitnit: and more lulz/posts
[18:09] Me: He pisses me off the most in the guild
[18:09] Nitnit: speaking of which, I need to tell rina to be a lulzcow or gtfo
[18:09] Nitnit: I know, you were too comfortable
[18:09] Me: And your rule clauses aren't helping
[18:09] Nitnit: you need a little adversary
[18:10] Me: Yeah, okay, sounds fun
[18:10] Me: You and the guys can laugh it off as I spaz I guess

Take this conversation how you will, but he clearly doesn't care what I think about you and will likely not assist me when it comes to changing the system anyways.

Quote:

Do you? Does Jon? Does Nit?

I doubt the latter two.

Quote:

Can't the same be said about you for unlocking the threads without consulting me?

yes, nitnit said not to creat anymore threads discussing brawl, he didn't say anoything about a tournament, since again, for like the fifth time, that thread was about a tournament, and thoughts on it.

Now, when I said that Jon had more power than you because he is VC, I wasn't referring to the editing of posts, and didn't he already get caught on that a while back? That really has nothing to do with the way your abusing power....your deleting threads for crappy reasons, and because you think you have the authority.

As to the conversation you posted, I don't really see what the purpose of putting that was, unless your trying to show nitnit doesn't care or somehting. Either way, I am crew, your crew, and you don't get to have more authority than me. So sorry.

And on the topic of locking threads, yeah I usually put a nice reason for locking, especially if its the first or second offense. Of course, I rarely send a PM regarding the subject, but thats because I post it nicely. If you wanna continue to be jackass when you lock threads, the least you could do is send a PM regarding to why it was locked. Its called "Common Courtesy"

And finally, on the last statement, how am I abusing my power by Unlocking a thread that doesn't need to be locked? I know you probably think I only do it because I don't like you, but thats not all there is to it. Had nitnit stepped in and said "This needs to be locked." or locked it himself, I would have backed down, but since he was posting in it himself, then don't you think he doesn't really care if its there or not? Plus, we both know if I had consulted you would have basically told me to go ******** myself.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff