Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
A QUESTION. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.hack is the greatest!
  YES.
  EW, NO WAI. (Why the hell are you in this guild then xD)
  ....24? :D
View Results

Sanus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:43 pm
Hey everyone. I'm not sure whether this topic has been done before, so I apologize if it's a repeat.

What makes you like .hack so much? What's the main draw for you, and what keeps you hooked?

For me, it's just the whole concept of The World, and the history they made up for the series. I've never seen a series with such an involving backstory. Sometimes I'll be reading .hackWiki, and I forget that everything didn't really happen. I actually know the history of The World and The World's backstory better than I know Canadian History. >w<
I also love all the storylines and characters, but I won't get into that right now. :D

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:53 pm

For me it is the never ending story. Example: Sora. Haseo. Endrance Elk.
Things like that. It isn't just new characters every new series. They evolve the characters and their developments is my draw. Plus the weaponry is cool as hell.

Kamen Ride

fk12

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:05 pm
Since I started with //SIGN, the first thing that really drew me in was how "mysterious" everything was. Sure, since then, I've seen more mindraeping things (Serial Experiments Lain and Mononoke, for starters), but it was the first thing I'd ever really seen like it. Also, being the music nerd I am, Yuki Kajiura's stuff just hooked me.

The main draw for me is how complicated the backstories for everything are. I mean, the little News sections in the games are pretty freakin' amazing. Also, there's the fact that they aren't superheros or extraordinary people. They're everyday average joes, which makes it easier to relate to them.

Also, character relationships are beautiful. The best example I can think of is the relationship between Tsukasa and Subaru. It wasn't "fanservice schoolgirl lesbians" or even "edgey, in your face lesbians." It was that they cared for each other so much that their feelings transcended gender. The same could be said of Haseo and Endrance (though that one is considerably more one-sided).

And of course there's the crack.

TL;DR: EVERYTHING *Sakaki style*  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:12 pm
Omg, SEL was total win. @w@

I always loved those totally random news posts too, and how you could read discussions in the forums about them, when they had absolutely nothing to do with the plot.
And yeah, for me it had just the right balance of beautiful, hilarious, irrelevant, amazing, etc, etc. :P
And of course, there's the Lost Grounds. They will forever be in a category of .hack love all their own in my books. I love them all. The stories behind them and their beauty totally blew me away. ; w;

EDIT: And Lawd, the SOUNDTRACK. I immediately fell in love with liek, all the tracks. This series has one of the most beautiful soundtracks I've ever encountered. x3

User Image

Sanus Ex Machina

Shialu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:44 pm
Soundtrack soundtrack soundtrack.

And Ovan's voice actor.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:22 am
You just get pulled in. All the little details that make the game interesting, like reading the forums or traveling to random fields. And there's always something to talk about.  

Zyxa

Skizzors

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:53 am
Twilight Saga: How much it feels like a real, concrete world. The sheer epicness of the entire situation. Character interactions. I loved it on a psychological level. It just really felt like everything was important, everything mattered, the world isn't only focused on BIG IMPORTANT PLOT. The BBS was just as integral to the whole as Aura.

GU: ..I don't. The characters are pretty cool though.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:15 pm
Really, there isn't anything I dislike about .hack lol

I guess the Music is one of the biggest things I like about it, and the games are pretty good too (GU has possibly the best fighting system I've ever seen).

Honestly though...One thing that I REALLY like?

The series can HAPPEN!

This is one of the few few few animes/games out there in the world that actually has the slimmest chance of being REAL.

Someone develops an AI system that draws data on humans from a popular video game and uses it to create an even better AI?

Its something that could ACTUALLY happen and that thought alone drives millions of ideas through my head lol  

Jeax

BreathLessX
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:30 am
Well, it's different. And I'm also sayin' cause it could happen in the near future!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:53 am
For me, it's the whole virtual world thing; I'm a cyberpunk nut and I wish wish wish that The World were a real game. Plus I agree with Jeax in that it's cool because it's possible (though I bet it won't happen in my lifetime *sulk*) and because you don't have to be anyone special IRL to be a legend in The World. For every other anime or manga that I've come across, the hero or heroine is extraordinary in some sort of way, even if they still lead a mostly ordinary life in between adventures. x3 But with The World, us humble folks can aspire to be... un-humble.

Plus the characters are awesome <3 Let us not forget that.

Keime

Sanus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:57 pm
Yeah, I've been wishing The World was real ever since I discovered it. Me and a couple of friends actually aspired to be mods of The World like Balmung when we grew up. x3
But yeah, the ordinary-ness of the characters is definitely unusual, and does make things more interesting.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:51 am
I like how it's different from other games and animes. c:
The story and the characters are all different and amazing. :0

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

SaiyanKev4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:51 pm
i like it cuz the fact its an online game, and the weapons are awesome looking and how they are used, and the different classes, especially twin blade... thats my fav, and they dont change every single thing about it, they keep the same storyline and keep some of the same players still playing the game and they even mention the old players

dothack is just the best, plain and simple... its the best  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:54 pm

Initially, I watched .hack//ROOTS because I usually like the anime that Ali Project lends music to.

Then .hack//ROOTS ended without much of an ending, so I bought the game, and I REALLY started to like it after playing .hack//G.U Rebirth.

Puppetry

Azure_Flame_Goddess

6,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:41 pm
Everything about it gets me hooked....... heart heart heart  
@Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff