Reply Zombies. Seriously.
What do you grab? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:31 pm
The outbreak is on every news station. The roads are packed. Mothers rush to schools to pick up their children. The world is in panic. You're strapped with ammo and survival gear. You were ready. But you have a little room left for something else.

What non-survival or weapon-related item(s) do you bring? Something with sentimental value? A bunch of old pictures? A book?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:37 pm
I was actually going to post a total loadout thread, actually.

What would I bring? I would probably grab my Optimus Prime toy or Battle Royale novel.  

OO23OO

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:13 pm
The picture of my girlfriend.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:56 pm
Here is how it would work for my family.

My brother would probably have my M91/30, because he prefers it. An I would have his M44, because I prefer it. My dad would take our 12 gauge. and my mom the 10/22 (she has no experience and I have a scope on it)

My brother and I would each carry one of the 250 round ammo cans in backpacks, and carry the ammo currently loaded on stripper clips on our person (we would find away)

I would grab

- Machete
- a box of "Strike-anywhere" matches.
- small rags (to start fires, or patch wounds)
- Duck-tape
- 5 minute Epoxy
- canned foods
- Ramen
- water bottles
- Alcohol (disenfectant)
- toilete paper (you never know when you might need it)
- Goegraphic and political map of Texas (location)
- Compass  

Freak_090
Captain

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:13 pm
Freak_090
Here is how it would work for my family.

My brother would probably have my M91/30, because he prefers it. An I would have his M44, because I prefer it. My dad would take our 12 gauge. and my mom the 10/22 (she has no experience and I have a scope on it)

My brother and I would each carry one of the 250 round ammo cans in backpacks, and carry the ammo currently loaded on stripper clips on our person (we would find away)

I would grab

- Machete
- a box of "Strike-anywhere" matches.
- small rags (to start fires, or patch wounds)
- Duck-tape
- 5 minute Epoxy
- canned foods
- Ramen
- water bottles
- Alcohol (disenfectant)
- toilete paper (you never know when you might need it)
- Goegraphic and political map of Texas (location)
- Compass

Well thought-out, but you mis-understand. I mean what non-survival or weapon-related thing would you take with you after you're fully strapped with gear? Like a memento or a thing to keep you busy or something important to you? A book, a Gameboy, a photo album, or just some kind of trinket.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:18 pm
Lots of paper, and a couple of pencils. Gotta keep myself occupied ya know.

Thdark

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:29 pm
I cans not live without mah computahr.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:51 am
One of the dogs. The great alerters! They alerted all night ... on deer. Love my dogs ... usually.

For non survival related I'd take a photo of my family. I consider my bible to be survival related.  

Sabotabby

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:35 am
Well, I would take the pocket watch I got on my birthday.

And I would do my best to lock everything else up. Damn raiders.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:30 pm
ArmasTermin

Well thought-out, but you misunderstand. I mean what non-survival or weapon-related thing would you take with you after you're fully strapped with gear? Like a memento or a thing to keep you busy or something important to you? A book, a Gameboy, a photo album, or just some kind of trinket.

oops, all I saw was ammo, didn't see survival gear.

In that case...
MP3 player.
my German Club shirt. (We are like a family)

I can't live without music.  

Freak_090
Captain

DaRkGrEeNwALL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:32 pm
I would take an Mp3 player as well it hold a lot of mementos like pictures and other things.Umm...maybe a PSP with a bunch of games in the memory card and extra batteries and memory cards.a family picture.Maybe some toilet paper small bottle of soap. lighter fluid matches(but it'll put attention to zombies)Ooh and a flask of drink.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:27 am
Everything I intend to bring is already packed up in my survival bags to handle any disaster where I'd need to bug out.(aside from my laptop, which IS a survival item for me because it houses documentation and operations manuals for a lot of firearms as well as a lot of reference documents, it's also a useful tool for getting into things because once you get power supplied to a server(via a looted generator) you can get access to all remaining functional internet nodes).  

lazycommie

Old Lord Brocktree

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:46 am
I think he means recreational items.

Me, I'd take a book, or a couple.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:10 am
Old Lord Brocktree
I think he means recreational items.

Me, I'd take a book, or a couple.

I literally have my recreational items in my bag all ready to go. That way I don't waste precious time thinking.  

lazycommie

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:17 pm
I guess I haven't answered yet.

I'd take along a nice, thick, blank notebook and a few pencils and pens. Because naturally I'd make a journal documenting every day of my adventure. And when the crisis ended (here's to praying it would eventually end) I'd write one helluva book.

And a laptop, if I have one when TSHTF.

And an MP3 player.

EDIT: And one of my ocarinas.  
Zombies. Seriously.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out